What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aubretia ran a monstrous time last time..fastest 6f run at Wolves since at least October...the next 4 fastest below it were 0-85, 0-100, 0-85, 0-80 class races
Thought this horse looked worth laying today, 1f shorter, 11lbs extra, up in grade against much better horses. Now i've read this from you time figure boys you've put me right off!:confused: Probably lay it for a place and hope i was right all along!:lol:

It is EC1 but i tend to go on weight carried and all this horses wins in the summer were for a 7lb claimer, Luke Morris managed to get well beat on this horse at Lingfield over 5fs as well!

Commanche 12.55 lingfield form pick of the race, has the potential
for more improvement, expect this to get well backed. Goodluck
Great run by aubrieta, ran exactly as expected, jockey got it beat.

LING 1:25 ALEZANNA 7/2
Looks likely to get an uncontested lead, though Kirby will need to increase the pace earlier than might otherwise be the case, as Norwegian Reward could get the upper hand if some stamina isn't brought into play. I think the ideal thing to do, would be to grab the lead and go steady until entering the back straight, then go off at a sound but not outrageous gallop. That 'should' take the sting out of the FAV.
Norwegian Reward still has to prove itself on the clock imo. It has ability, no doubting that, but with improvement also likely to continue with ALEZANNA and the run behind Neige D'Antan looking quite solid LTO. It gets the vote, despite lacking course experience.

OTHERS

LING 3:30 WALTER WHITE 6/1
The visor worked a treat LTO, and was able to confirm the promise it had shown previously. It looks well in, but WOlves was riding super fast on it's last outing. Club House looks classy enough to make it too risky, and Pairumani Prince is progressing. Not that Walter White can't progress with the new headgear, but it all becomes a little less solid betting proposition. Interesting race all the same.

WOLV 1:50 RAKAAN 10/11
Too short in the market to be betting, and I'm not sure that dropping back to 7F is a good thing. Though should have the measure of this lot, you'd think. A horse you could literally steal out of this claiming race if you were into that sort of thing.

WOLV 3:20 TIGHT KNIT 6/4
Looks the most likely winner and is a worthy FAV I guess. DILETTA TOMMASA could have improved since it's last run, so could be anything and rates a very slight danger. Marco Botti had that one in his yard when it last ran, but is now with Stimpson. Botti has FIRST SARGEANT in the race today, and also has Glory City in his yard, which beat TIGHT KNIT LTO. So it can be argued that Botti knows exactly what he's up against here. I don't think GABRIEL THE BOSS is quite good enough for this. With Botti clued up, and having missed slightly better prices, I'll let it pass at 6/4. I'll probably stick it in a small Acc.

WOLV 4:50 PRECISION STRIKE 4/1
Una Bella Cosa looks to be crying out for Southwell to reopen. I rate Precision Strike a little higher on polytrack based on it LTO run over CD. However, it's too risky as Harris looks like he's doing a Prescott with HIDDEN LINK. The HCPer should be able to consider breeding when allotting a horses first mark. It would literally stop all this nonsense overnight.

only 6 extra ..the allowance is there for a reason

Not sure were the 11lb comes from and they were both 0-65's.

If your talking about a penalty EC, he didn't carry one, as the win was from an apprentice race.

The issue of claims is of value in the race he won in my view, as 3lb is great value against some very poor 7lb claimers.

I do agree with you EC on considering claims into ratings when the apprentices mix it with the pro's though generally.

Like your thinking cp, alezanna is definitely a decent shout along with Walter white. I also like precision strike and my scat daddy qnd will be doing 1pt Yankee.

I also like asterales in third race at lingfield for a bit of each way value. Back to last winning mark, albeit on turf, has won at Kemp over this distance last year. Franny Norton up who isn't everyone's cup of tea but I like him as a jockey. Favourite sweet liberta will be tough to beat so may do each way single and rev forecast.

Was also thinking of taking rakaan on with dunno. Dandy Nicholls is one of the dodgy ones but this horse has been running in far better races than this. Again r.f. With fab prob way to go for me.

With Club House a NR, WALTER WHITE looks too big at 5's. I'm not really strong on it, but reckon it should be more like 11/4. It's kept niggling at me over the last couple of hours, so couldn't resist 1/4 stake win bet at 5/1.

Last edited:
Astral one to follow I think, left out the back and no way through, wouldn't have caught the winner though. Think it needs to be pushed to the front qnd set q furious pace to take the finish out of the others.

Not sure were the 11lb comes from and they were both 0-65's.

If your talking about a penalty EC, he didn't carry one, as the win was from an apprentice race.

The issue of claims is of value in the race he won in my view, as 3lb is great value against some very poor 7lb claimers.

I do agree with you EC on considering claims into ratings when the apprentices mix it with the pro's though generally.

you confusing me:)

Aubretia won a 0-70 fillies handicap..not an apprentice race.. on 7January..that was off a mark of 68

yesterdays race was a 0-85 off a mark of 74

so was running under 6 lbs penalty yesterday

Last edited:
I hate to say it EC, but your right :o

I got mixed up with the other Mccabe runner, which was also ridden previously by WTD and also had Luke Morris yesterday; Spark Of Genius.

14 nights detention for me.

Dandy Nicholls double today with Jon Coffey and Summerinthecity - may well throw in Greenhead high for the trixie as will kick myself if he gets a treble - albeit Climax for tackle should take all the beating and it appears money is down for that one. Also like the look of Hawk Moth

I had a small nibble on In the Post ew @28/1 earlier (first race in Fos Las) purely as I know some of the connections from Sligo have gone over to see it race today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back