What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My big bet today is Hold On Julio (best price 11/4 with VC BOG). My only real concern is that my VC account is a disaster. They seldom win when VC is going the best price so I'm just hoping they're taking a view rather than in the know.

One I think is grossly overpriced is Mickie in The New One's race. She's only 3lbs behind on ORs, is improving and should be much closer to the front two in the betting. I think TNO will win but M's odds are just wrong so I'll have to back her.
HOJ cost me a small fortune but I had Mickie ew at 14/1 as a free bet with b365 (following Oscara Dara) and had it at 5/1 w/o TNO. That'll keep me ahead for the day with a couple of bets still to come.

TNO was seriously impressive, though.

Aubretia ran a monstrous time last time..fastest 6f run at Wolves since at least October...the next 4 fastest below it were 0-85, 0-100, 0-85, 0-80 class races

Yep good looking time although at the moment a lot of these wins and times aren't holding up at any of the tracks.The fivepound rise seemed very generous compared to profile stars race,willbe interesting over tomorrows 5fs 8 front runners!!

Aubretia ran to 81 on my figures (though had claimer on) which would still mean it's well in.

However, I prefer the look of DORBACK, who clocked a relatively faster time 2 runs back over CD in a 0-95, and seems better over 5F than 6F.

I might have a half stake EW on DORBACK at 6/1, not sure yet. I'm not really a fan of 5F sprinters.

I'm liking the look of something earlier at a much bigger price. Will wait for more books to open with that one.

Last edited:
Agree with CPG.
Dorback caught a tartar over c/d 2 ago, but nothing of that class in today's race. Even so, it's an appreciably better field than Aubrietia routed lto, and that one might just struggle for early pace, at this trip.

Last edited:
the race dorback finished 2nd in was a bit of a pace collapse.which aided his stamina...this one needs 6f arguably more than Aubretia..as A has won at 5f before...but Aubretia can lead and then bring extra stamina into play from the front late on..even if taken on by verinco...whereas dorback will be hoping for them coming back to him.

interesting to watch how this pans out

although in sh1te form i'm going to have a good hit on Midnight Game in the 12.45..think this is potentially better than Cause Of Causes who may have peaked with that big effort LTO anyway.

Each way tricks today, meglio ancora - back to 1 lb higher than last win which was last time ran over 8f, three come back runs over further qnd has the in form Rachel knaeller on board, big price. Was looking at tanto sky, but gone with broxbourne in the last, interesting Johnson qnd fanning persisting qnd new distance today, took twelve now eights, third one is triple dream,.second on come back run from break and Bradley's do usually need a few runs, too big a price for me. Only small each wqy stake. Good luck all, looks competitive racing today. Also like the look of Fergiethelegend at navan, form franked yesterday.

I've got my doubts whether Aubritia can lay up with Verinco from the start. This will probably be too sharp a test for the Smart runner, but he could act as a spoiler to the fav. It's probably a prep for another try at the sprints at Southwell, but Verinco is untried over sprints on polytrack.

I'm having another pop at a long shot, splitting stakes in running on Time Medician. Could be another with Southwell in mind and a 0-70, but could well get the race to collapse up front. Will need to improve on recent efforts at Kempton, but that may have been to get his mark down to it's current 70.

although in sh1te form i'm going to have a good hit on Midnight Game in the 12.45..think this is potentially better than Cause Of Causes who may have peaked with that big effort LTO anyway.

Do you want to throttle Davy Russell after that?

I doubt it's riding as fast today as it was on new years day, EC.

Last edited:
Gleann Na NDochais looks too big at the moment on BF @3.2 for the 2.20 at Kelso.

Should never have lost to Sergeant Pink last time. Gets a 4lb pull and the jock shouldn't make the same mistakes. The rest look poor unless Emirate Isle can reproduce his last run but that's not something he's ever done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back