What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcomer Molly's A Diva appeals in the bumper at Ffos Las (16:20). On breeding has sound chance and, if fit, should go well............

Will take a chance with Shipton in the bumper at Newbury (15:30). This one is tougher than his Towcester win but worth an e/w bet at 16/1 (best price with BetFred). Distance and going should be no problem for him.

Last edited:
Sadly Beat Route a non runner today I thought that was a shoe in. As ever I'm looking for each way value again today. The move has started on Sextons house at Kempton 9s from 14s last night - they heavily backed it three runs ago only for it to get stuck in the stalls, backed again next time and didn't run well, ran okay last time looked a bit of a non trier and wasn't backed. Mccabe on form at the minute so I've had a dabble. Richard Guest on form as well so having a bit of Quality Art, Roys Legacy been running well but has run a few times recently so may have peaked. Hans Adielson likes to win at big prices and then have them run poorly for a while - Compton Crofter won off 73 and nowrated 72 after three poor runs. Was 16's last night, 33's ten minutes ago and now in to twentys so I've had a bit more on - pure guesswork when to catch these though so definitley only 0.5 pt stake each way I think.

Anyway, good luck

multiples few of my selection today. yesterday summerinthecity run badly,
winner was on another level, made for good trade, price was moving all afternoon
paphos 1.30
gabrial the boss 2.35
roys legacy 3.10
baby dotty 3.40
goodluck

Last edited:
a fancy purchase from france Fago in the 1:20 is too short for me at 6/5. The last race in France was ran at a daft gallop and im not sure the form amounts to much. Even if it does he will surely need more time to settle in at PFNs (and the usual wind op too!). So over to Colour Squadron at 2/1. Completed a full race despite having a slipped saddle last time out. McCoy got him round but didnt go hard on him and i would be surprised if he doesnt win this today.

In Beat Routes race Nicky Henderson has a rather rare runner over the flat - Private Equity - small bit of money down for it so far but has won over the flat in france (1m 3f) and hurdles over - First British run last time as a bit of a pipe opener hopefully and better to come today.

a fancy purchase from france Fago in the 1:20 is too short for me at 6/5. The last race in France was ran at a daft gallop and im not sure the form amounts to much. Even if it does he will surely need more time to settle in at PFNs (and the usual wind op too!). So over to Colour Squadron at 2/1. Completed a full race despite having a slipped saddle last time out. McCoy got him round but didnt go hard on him and i would be surprised if he doesnt win this today.

I really should know better by now. Handicap at Cheltenham obv!

I really should know better by now. Handicap at Cheltenham obv!

Bit late now (only just looked in) but, IIRC, AP wasn't at all impressed with the horse lto, and doubted he'd have won, even without the saddle slipping..
Looks a horse that needs a piece further than today's trip, imo.

Last edited:
Little each way on Thanks For Coming in the next; Showed his best form against decent novices lto, step up in distance should help, and has a decent claimer up.
12/1 will do nicely.

I wasn't impressed with Colour Squadron today or the last day.He doesn't look a natural jumper of fences to me-maybe he will improve massively when handicapped and racing on good ground but he won't carry my money.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssshhhhhhhhhhhhh
3 winners for the tips on thread, monumental man form was good, baby dottie
2nd in that race. goodluck hope you won some
hit 4timer
right stuff
paphos
gabrial the boss
baby dottie

e/w on Kartanian (13:50 Wincanton) to small stake. Very stoutly bred so distance should be no problem.

The way the track is riding at Wolverhampton, Flow Chart would have been of interest at a big price, but the lay off, trainer and jockey just won't allow my finger to press that button.

I only remained sane for 10 seconds as I have gone for the Stokell horse.

Hold The Star was the one of the outsiders that I did think had a much better chance than it's price even with the jockey. A repeat of what she has done over C&D wouldn't put herb too far away. Won a maiden here, then raised 9lb meant she was in the wrong grade for 4 races and then ran fair races recently compared to todays contest.

It is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn Stokel and the the way the track is riding will make it harder, but she will probably go off a decent price.

Under Par with Gibbons back on will get my saver.

3rd with the saver 2nd.

The winner was 100.0 when looking at odds pre race, but I wasn't certain about the trip. The fact he'd put a fair run over 6f at Ponty and a better jock was probably worth the risk.

DOn't follow the Irish racing that much, an each way yankee for me tonight on the following:

Indigo Idris - looked average in 3 runs for Hannon over 7f before being bought out by forum regular on the bridle and taken to ireland - two runs back over 12 and 10 furlongs yielded nothing and interesting back down to 7f today with first time visor and decent 3lb claimer on. Good price at 20s.

Beat the Ballot - Joseph OBrien was up last time and won very comfortably - more than the 1 1/2 lengths last time

Busted Tycoon - I keep an eye out for Tommy Stack's runners, just the one tonight and although finishing position looks poor beaten only 3 and 4 lengths respectively in each run and last time didn't get the clearest run - reckon it could do well tonight.

General Bunching - winner of the race last year off similar mark and 10lb claimer on board - slight negative but didn't get beaten far two weeks ago on board another for this trainer - I'm sure new trainer would have had this in mind when plotting the come back from a break once picked up from Bolger's yard. 14-1 seems a bit high and I've thrown this in too.

Good luck all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back