What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a line through Saint By Day, Noverre Princess shouldnt be the price that it is in comparrison to Days Ahead. On that basis. Im in.

Have not followed him lately but Nazreef races tomorrow in the 3:10 at Lingfield, has had a good 37 break since last run, gets a change in headgear, and Morrison had a winner with his last runner. Loooks a fair e/w bet to me. Good luck.

I made a small fortune last year when meetings were off..As long as your not afraid to lay out some large stakes at prices like 1.2 to 1.4 there's always a good opportunity to make some easy money at this time of the year .

You very often get 8 and 9 horses races reduced 5 and 6 runners because the horses can't get to the course but on the place market Betfair still pay 3 places.....it's harder to pick one that won't be placed than it is to pick one that will.

Only horse I'll be backing to win
today is Glastonberry in the first at Kempton who was unlucky to meet Shaunas Spirit on a going day last time. Climaxfortackle looks the danger on paper but he never finds much in a finish. He had 2nds and a 3rd at 5f he's been stepped up to 7f. I think he is what he is and don't expect it'll make any difference to him and if Grastonberry doesn't beat him something else will. So I'm backing Glastonberry and laying Climaxfortackle

Last edited:
Like the look of M.Botti's Haftohaf in the 14:20 at Kempton. This son of Haafhd could prove to be pretty useful. Have backed him at 100/30; best price I could get...........

One of the older types are bound to run well in the 3:30 I think and Mango Spirit looks the most likely candidate, with his three wins at this track before.

I can just about forgive the last three duck eggs if it does the business today.:)

1.35 I feel So Young will outstay Solwhit in the next on this ground.

So Young ..2.6 taken
===============================================================
1.45 I get Big Sylv has having better figures than Glastonberry ..Amosite actually has the best figure but is probably stretched at 7f particularly with another pace horses in there

Big Sylv...4.6 taken
2.20 Light From Mars is a few pounds clear on my figures so I feel 4.0 is a good price..Haftohaf looks a false price to me..Toga Tiger looks a better chance than that one.

Light From Mars 4.1 taken

Last edited:
I got matched at 2.04 on Solwhit, couldn't believe the price to be honest. I thought he ran really well on his comeback and provided he doesn't bounce will be too good for So Young who always comes up short at this level.

Glastonberry is consistent but his best form is on a fast on a fast surface. Twice on standard he's been beaten in running @ 1.08 & 2.0, so I'm happy to take him on in the hope of this riding slower.

Dancing Welcome over 7f is an issue but at the price and the 7lb claimer is worth the risk. Kempton form actually reads better than the actual form figs and run two back looks fair.

Amoiste has to reverse form with the fav but is another who looks value compared to the fav,m especially with the weight gain and hopefully uncontested lead.

Last edited:
I got matched at 2.04 on Solwhit, couldn't believe the price to be honest. I thought he ran really well on his comeback and provided he doesn't bounce will be too good for So Young who always comes up short at this level.

if SY hadn't clattered the last would have been a bit closer but S would still have won.

Well done EC.

Having read my post again, maybe I should just have had a place lay on Glastonberry.

cheers D

looks like slow motion finishes today.

2.55..Noble Silk won a very slow run race last time and will appreciate the slower surface and faster pace that should occur here..could be a fair bit ahead of his mark

Nobel Silk...4.2 taken

last bet..

3.30 Welsh Inlet will appreciate the slower surface here..has run well last twice when not particularly favoured by trip or pace

Welsh Inlet 5.0 taken

Each way trixie on easterbys three today, trainer on form and claimers allowance makes on the hoof attractive in the last. Also leaning towards aviso in the last, course form, winter wins in the past, slipping mark and Norton's only ride.

Delft 3.30 Lingfield. Forgive the last run and 11-4 looks generous. With the 8 runners I have bet each way as a bit of insurance.

KEMP 5:30 VITZNAU 15/8
Has started to show some of it's old form for new yard. Traveled sweetly LTO then went on entering the last half furlong to win well. The omission of the tongue tie is of slight concern though.

KEMP 7:30 SWEET LIBERTA 10/3
Looks a HCP good thing on the figures. REFRESHTHEPARTS might not be as good over this far, while AL AMAAN (16/1) looks to be a possible contender over this trip, especially now dropping in class and if the course is riding slow. Yard looks to be in tip top shape also. LANGHAM LILY could have improved during it's 8 weeks away from the course, though probably not enough. I think I'll split stakes between SWEET LIBERTA and an EW bet on AL AMAAN, as it looks sure to be riding slow today.

LING 2:00 FROSTY FRIDAY 8/1 EW
Cheek pieces would seem to have had a positive effect and stayed on nicely when stepped up to 1M2F LTO (form which looks potentially quite solid). Looks worth a try over this trip on that evidence with Fanning back onboard. There's plenty of stamina in it's pedigree to suggest that also. Has clocked some decent enough times in Maidens, and could well be battle hardened enough to repel any challenges from the lightly raced improver's, who could still be a little green.

OTHERS

KEMP 4:30 POETS PROSPECT 5/2
Has shown more than the others, but thats not saying much. Far too risky, but looks most likely on known form.

KEMP 6:00 BORIS THE BOLD 11/4 / STRATEGIC ACTION 5/1
Likely to be one of these going from the figures, but both Trainer course stats leave a little to be desired. RAPID WATER shouldn't be too far away, and while the blinkers seem to have had a positive effect on LITMUS, that one has yet to prove itself on the clock, though is still a danger.

LING 2:30 COMEDY HOUSE 4/1
Seems to be improving over these sort of trips on polytrack. However, a form line through RODRIGO DE FREITAS brings CELTIC CHARLIE right in to the equation, who is dropping back to possibly a more suitable trip and is also dropping in class. A couple of the others could figure on earlier form. The market looks about right, so a bit pointless, but an interesting race anyway.

LING 3:00 MUHANDIS 15/8
Has been progressive over 7F this AW season, is now in top form, though seems best over 7F. Had an encounter with PERFECT MISSION last year over this CD. On that running I see no reason for the reversal of placings in a HCPing sense, especially with the 7lb claimer taking weight off, but PERFECT MISSION is a bit of an in and out performer. PM with the visor back on, looks too dangerous. STORM RUNNER dropping back in class rates a danger also. With those two possible threats, and MUHANDIS having a probable preference for 7F, I don't see any value at 15/8, though if forced I'd choose MUHANDIS, simply due to recent figures.

LING 4:00 SPARTIC 10/3
Having been quite a late foal, perhaps had too much use made of him as a 2yo. Has been running well again of late, but has found itself either galloping too hard upfront, or in steadily run races. Wouldn't be a surprise at all if it wins today, but I'm not paying to find out, despite backing it recently.

good call

One bet tonight for me..First Rebellion in the 8.00. The bad draw is less significant now and wasn't too bad anyway given the lack of early pace in the race. On my figures he has a few lbs in hand of these and can track Adaeze through. Rightcar is next best on the figures..is a little better of with FR from last time..but may not get a pace to run out.

First Rebellion...3.4 taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back