What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeznah has the best form in the Park Hill but I want 7/2 before getting involved. Looks like the mug money is at the track for Sense of Purpose though so I'm hopeful. The fav is ridiculously short, she's unproven over the trip and there is pace in the race.

Sense Of Purpose beat Marksmanship and Bob Le Beau on her last run at Leopardstown. I don't believe Bob Le Beau is entitled to an OR of 110 and Marksmanship looks under that mark too. I'd want to be on Meeznah too.

Meeznah has the best form in the Park Hill but I want 7/2 before getting involved. Looks like the mug money is at the track for Sense of Purpose though so I'm hopeful. The fav is ridiculously short, she's unproven over the trip and there is pace in the race.

couldn't agree more. 3s is more than fair.

Good call. Did that really well.

Really want to see that 3.35 again. I've no idea where the winner came from. Encke done @ 1.12 in running. Travelled like a dream.

I was waiting on Encke for a huge double. Great day punting though.

That looked a serious maiden to me eyes, the first 3 home, and even Curzon Line, all look destined for good things. Encke looked like he was going to win on the bridle at one stage... :(

A potential group performer or 2 in there to my eyes. In what has been the most disappointing season for 2yos in a long, long time (colts particularly).

Janood could be worth a few shillings off 97 to get back to his listed winning (and National Stakes supplementing) form of last year. 20s and a long break give reason in a race where there are negatives around a lot of horses.

Last edited:
Janood ran really well, still in with a shout when cut up by Spencer late on and had to be snatched right up. Probably wasn't going to win but still had a chance. Spencer simply has to get a decent ban for that - there was no need for him to go anywhere near Janood.

Good call with Dash Back OTB - if she'd have got out sooner she'd have been much closer, 16's E/W not to be sniffed at though :)

Another pot in the dark but Dash Back is too big at 16/1 for the opener at Laytown today. She has had serious stall issues on her last four starts and with no stalls today, the ground she has been losing at the start of her races won't come into play. She is 10lbs below her last winning mark, will love rattling off the beach and works on this surface regularly. McGuiness is in great form and would love to get a winner for his buddy Andrew Lynch. It will be interesting if Gary O'Brien tips her up as he seems to have an inside line here.......

Really good spot OTB. I thought we were a bit unlucky in that the winner got a flyer at the start and Dash Back did not get a run when travelling best. Still cracking each way @ 16/1.

Last edited:
Love your angle OTB! I also can't resist 5/1 Hot Sands e/w. Easily the best form in the race but obviously has failed to get his head in front twenty times. Hard to see him not involved and 5/1 is an over reaction.

Second @ 7/2. 21 Not Out!

With a dead 8 runners and many firms going 1/4 odds, it'd be almost rude not to play in the 3.00 Doncaster. I think the favourite is plenty short enough of the back of one maiden win and I was looking at something with a bit more in the formbook to take her on with.

The one I'm siding with is Switcher providing she runs (they were hoping for rain). I actually nearly bought this filly for me boss last year but decided on buying Gaul Wood instead in the end (John Ferguson I ain't) as he was a colt and a bit cheaper.

She won her maiden very well at Haydock and went on to run fourth in the Albany behind Samitar over 6 furlongs. She reopposes that rival today but I think Switcher will appreciate the extra furlong more than Channon's filly and she's twice the price. Switcher ran a very nice race at Deauville last time out behind a Gosden filly in a Group Three having raced prominently throughout and just getting run out of it at the end. However, I know she had a setback in July so you have to think she possibly wasn't fully wound up for that event and more improvement could be expected today. The filly she beat a neck that day has form behind Dabirsim (beaten 3L) who is arguably the best two year old of the season.

Switcher is a maximum bet for me if all 8 run and I think she's the only likely NR so I've taken some 14/1 at the 1/4 odds.

Last edited:
With a dead 8 runners and many firms going 1/4 odds, it'd be almost rude not to play in the 3.00 Doncaster. I think the favourite is plenty short enough of the back of one maiden winner and I was looking at something with a bit more in the formbook to take her on with.

The one I'm siding with is Switcher providing she runs (they were hoping for rain). I actually nearly bought this filly for me boss last year but decided on buying Gaul Wood instead in the end (John Ferguson I ain't) as he was a colt and a bit cheaper.

She won her maiden very well at Haydock and went on to run fourth in the Albany behind Samitar over 6 furlongs. She reopposes that rival today but I think Switcher will appreciate the extra furlong more than Channon's filly and she's twice the price. Switcher ran a very nice race at Deauville last time out behind a Gosden filly in a Group Three having raced prominently throughout and just getting run out of it at the end. However, I know she had a setback in July so you have to think she possibly wasn't fully wound up for that event and more improvement could be expected today. The filly she beat a neck that day has form behind Dabirsim (beaten 3L) who is arguably the best two year old of the season.

Switcher is a maximum bet for me if all 8 run and I think she's the only likely NR so I've taken some 14/1 at the 1/4 odds.

Great post, and agree with you looking through your points.

Obviously (!), I think Lyric of Light is worth a bet as well. She won her maiden well, a real rangy filly, looking better the further she went and will definitely like the step up in trip. Beautifully bred, and her price compared with Fallen for you makes no sense whatsoever.

Fallen for you is the worst price of any horse this season. I'm also not a huge fan of Regal Realm, so 2 each way bets is the way to go.

A nice race to play in.

Last edited:
A pretty obvious one but Opinion Poll stands out like a sore thumb at 7-4 in the Cup. Was expecting more like evens.

Great post, and agree with you looking through your points.

Obviously (!), I think Lyric of Light is worth a bet as well. She won her maiden well, a real rangy filly, looking better the further she went and will definitely like the step up in trip. Beautifully bred, and her price compared with Fallen for you makes no sense whatsoever.

Fallen for you is the worst price of any horse this season. I'm also not a huge fan of Regal Realm, so 2 each way bets is the way to go.

A nice race to play in.

I love Hamm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back