What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Bishop. The Godolphin second string in the 15:30. A lot of class against dubious opposition. 7/1 in a six runner field.

Azamata (Curragh 6.00) take the 15/2 with Skybet or the 7/1 with Coral etc.

Last edited:
That hurts really bad. I'm done with Handicaps if those blue cunts are gonna keep pulling strokes like that.

Bible Belt is a filly on the make at the moment - this was her plan since the Curragh the last day. Didn't get the run of the race the last day but still picked up well to do it reasonably comfortably. Banimpire has been my mistress all year but she seems to have had one night out too many. Had a large bet on Bible Belt the last day and fancy asking her for a dance tomorrow. Anything better than 2/1 would be my kind of bet to finish off a good weekend!

Last edited:
Bible Belt is a filly on the make at the moment - this was her plan since the Curragh the last day. Didn't get the run of the race the last day but still picked up well to do it reasonably comfortably. Banimpire has been my mistress all year but she seems to have had one night out too many. Had a large bet on Bible Belt the last day and fancy asking her for a dance tomorrow. Anything better than 2/1 would be my kind of bet to finish off a good weekend!

Being a BBB, would Bible Belt not prefer better ground. I'm going to have a good go at Kirinda in the place market if she's a price. Not the type to win, but the Oxx horses are in great form at the moment and her bubble has been burst so chances are she will be overpriced. She probably should have won against Maniree and I'd forgive a horse a bad run at Gowran. Can be a difficult track.

I've had it in my mind all season that Look At Me would pick up a pot on soft ground at the back end of the season. She was placed last time out when available at 20/1. 12/1 is a bit of the miserable side but I expect her to run really well. Good race all the same.

Good racing in France again today and the Prix Gladiateur is the race that catches my eye - and in particular a horse trained by one of my favourite trainers in the shape of Silver Vany, a winner over the distance last time out under topweight in a Deauville Handicap. He's looked exposed over middle distances in the past but seemed to improve for the step back up to staying trips when scoring at a big price in a big field/prize handicap - the usual suspects turn up in this race (Celtic Celeb, Allied Powers, Kasbah Bliss etc.) and their form all ties in with one another but SV is available at 20/1 with William Hill and Coral and resides with a shrewd trainer not renowned for racing her handicappers in Group races and who has experienced group race success with a big priced runner over jumps when her Miserable took out the 2008 Prix Congress at Auteuil at 89/1, the current 20/1 looks on the big side and I can see him going off nearer 10/1.

Martin

If I could have a bet with Ladbrokes I'd be taking the 7/1 Rose Bonheur (Curragh 5.20). She scoped dirty after the run at Tipperary where she travelled well but finished 6th. She's back over 6f today and will go well. It looks to me like she has one to beat in Bewitched.

3.35 - sweet child o mine

record over 8f and slow ground..incl Southwell

normally wins under these conditions then gets put at different ones..not today though..has claim rider on to wipe out the weight increase and looks like making hay before the season is out rather than taking the usual route of shoving where can't win

Being a BBB, would Bible Belt not prefer better ground. I'm going to have a good go at Kirinda in the place market if she's a price. Not the type to win, but the Oxx horses are in great form at the moment and her bubble has been burst so chances are she will be overpriced. She probably should have won against Maniree and I'd forgive a horse a bad run at Gowran. Can be a difficult track.

Wrong one of Oxx's pair. Not sure why Murtagh rode Kirinda so close to the pace. She needs to be covered up. Should have just placed laid Bible Belt. Those BBBs do want good ground.

Oxx is a genius
wondering what he would do with a stabe of the quality of Fabre, Obrein or Stoute

Russian War continues his education today on a track that shouldn't play to his strengths.Having said that it wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if he went a big price in running and won the race.

He could have a handicap mark by the end of October-I wonder what the target is.

He's already got a mark of 149. I'm not sure I'd want to have my life on him off that mark in a handicap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back