What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the prices of the 2 Al Zarooni horses in the first at Leicester compared with the 2 Stoute horses. Oscan, in particular, looks very interesting, being a half brother to Mastery and a favourite of mine, Kirklees. 8/1 was huge, 6s still worth a little on breeding alone, and the trainer is flying this season.

I don't understand the prices of the 2 Al Zarooni horses in the first at Leicester compared with the 2 Stoute horses. Oscan, in particular, looks very interesting, being a half brother to Mastery and a favourite of mine, Kirklees. 8/1 was huge, 6s still worth a little on breeding alone, and the trainer is flying this season.

Good call - Al Zarooni is having some time of it in these 2yo maidens.

19:20 Saint-Cloud Never Forget - She was somewhat disappointed when tested over here for Luca Cumani, though he has a bad habit of bottoming ex-French horses and she joins a fair list of useful performers who've been well baeten since joining him. She's rejoined former trainer Elie Lellouche for her return to France in this gentleman amateur riders race over 12f. The most interesting thing for me is that the last time Never Forget race at Saint-Cloud she took home a competitive Group 2 event in June last year - she left France with a rating of 500 (50KG's to you and I) and providing she can run up to that mark she's easily the highest rated amongst these. The odds-on favourite is the Van De Poele trained Green Tango who whilst a useful performer on his day is rated 7lbs inferior to the filly and is conceding an additional 6lbs to the filly today - he has the best jockey in the race on board but he's regularly raced over further and this 12f is IMO likely to prove to be on the sharp side for him. Of the remainder the chief danger could come from Up Where We Belong who ran well in the 2010 renewal of the race when 3rd.

Never Forget is currently 11/1 with PP.

19:20 Saint-Cloud Never Forget - She was somewhat disappointed when tested over here for Luca Cumani, though he has a bad habit of bottoming ex-French horses and she joins a fair list of useful performers who've been well baeten since joining him. She's rejoined former trainer Elie Lellouche for her return to France in this gentleman amateur riders race over 12f. The most interesting thing for me is that the last time Never Forget race at Saint-Cloud she took home a competitive Group 2 event in June last year - she left France with a rating of 500 (50KG's to you and I) and providing she can run up to that mark she's easily the highest rated amongst these. The odds-on favourite is the Van De Poele trained Green Tango who whilst a useful performer on his day is rated 7lbs inferior to the filly and is conceding an additional 6lbs to the filly today - he has the best jockey in the race on board but he's regularly raced over further and this 12f is IMO likely to prove to be on the sharp side for him. Of the remainder the chief danger could come from Up Where We Belong who ran well in the 2010 renewal of the race when 3rd.

Never Forget is currently 11/1 with PP.

Regardless whether this wins a very good spot. Took some of that 11/1 with PP.

Well done Martin. What a shroodie. I was only telling him today how much I respect his french form book reading skills :lol:

Staggering stuff from IS, amazing judge in France. I duly forgot about him putting the damn thing up.

Will anyone offer me some 4/9 that Hamm will put up a bet in the 3.35 Doncaster tomorrow?

One or two of horses 2, 4 or 8 I reckon.

As predictable as the sun rising but fair play to him spotting this goldmine though!

Staggering stuff from IS, amazing judge in France. I duly forgot about him putting the damn thing up.

Will anyone offer me some 4/9 that Hamm will put up a bet in the 3.35 Doncaster tomorrow?

One or two of horses 2, 4 or 8 I reckon.

As predictable as the sun rising but fair play to him spotting this goldmine though!

I can lead you to the water but can't force you to drink. Frankie is riding a full brother to Genius Beast, out of the incomparable Shawanda. I know where my money will be going if the odds are what i think. Its this seasons best punting angle and yet people still wont take notice. Fine by me!

I totally agree with you, wouldn't go as far to say it's the best angle but it's a very good one that the market hasn't picked up on yet. Similar to backing Meehan second time out horses in maidens a few seasons back.

I wouldnt back a Meehan horse with stolen money - i seem to read the form of all his runners backwards!

The angle has gone now but you used to regularly get Meehan things that had ran green as grass on debut but showed glimmers of ability going off double figure prices and improving bundles for their debuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back