What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Haam, had an ew bet on the other one and a win bet on yours, saves the day so far. Loved the way the horse picked up and came through them, then done nothing in front. Big run from the Gosden horse, more to come there.

Something must be amiss with Switcher, folded very very tamely. Apologies to those who invested.

Something must be amiss with Switcher, folded very very tamely. Apologies to those who invested.

No need for apologies, thats the nature of the game. Did fold tamely but had been chasing the leader for a right way, maybe too much too early.

No worries, Gamla, young fillies are entitled to an off day.

Well done, Hamm, I've won a nice little amount on a throwaway bet. Godolphin's junior trainer is doing rather better that his senior, and his juvenile fillies are looking good.

No worries, Gamla, young fillies are entitled to an off day.

Well done, Hamm, I've won a nice little amount on a throwaway bet. Godolphin's junior trainer is doing rather better that his senior, and his juvenile fillies are looking good.

Thanks all. He's doing very well with certain types of horses, and they are often 2/3 times the price they should be. For example, if you go back now and watch Lyric of Light's maiden, should there really have been a huge diffference in price between her and the Gosden horse? I like looking at these things afterwards.

Speaking of well bred horses, the Stoute horse in the last could be a stone well in. Out of the very smart Scottish Stage, Dumbarton clearly can be forgiven his run lto, and his maiden makes a mark of 82 look very lenient indeed. 9/1 is enormous, with 16 runners a decent e/w bet looks good.

Icebuster in the 4.30 at Sandown is my best bet today. Not suited by the pace last time but still ran very well, off same mark here in a race nearly guaranteed to be run to suit..can run on late when these back pedal

A pretty obvious one but Opinion Poll stands out like a sore thumb at 7-4 in the Cup. Was expecting more like evens.

OP moved though well enough, but was unable to give 17lb to the 3yo. To be fair to the RP, the shop edition had a photo of Saddler's Rock above the card with a legend about his weight advantage:(

Last edited:
Icebuster in the 4.30 at Sandown is my best bet today. Not suited by the pace last time but still ran very well, off same mark here in a race nearly guaranteed to be run to suit..can run on late when these back pedal

Nice shout, hoses in.

Out of pure boredom 810 at Wolverhampton Holiday Snap ew at 6s Avalon Bay win only 10/1 small reverse forecast.

Some things never change - I laid it for a place.

Burj al Nahar.

I often wonder about the serious amount of talent squandered by Godolphin (with the exception of Zarooni).
What could that horse have done if he was trained by someone like Michael Bell.Jan Vermeer has had an unbelieveably bad campaign for the last 2 seasons.I guess these guys are in a hurry.

The 5f sprint at Donny is tricky but having spent an hour on it I've come down for Verinco(ew). 20/1 as the value bet. 50% of any profit will go on Blue Bunting who I've followed to great advantage

Blue Bunting and Sea Moon in the Leger.

Eton Forever in the Handicap that follows it.

Tempted by Duncan in the Irish Leger as well. Need to know Ground conditions before getting involved though.

Blue Bunting and Sea Moon in the Leger.

Eton Forever in the Handicap that follows it.

Tempted by Duncan in the Irish Leger as well. Need to know Ground conditions before getting involved though.

I backed the same 2 as you in the Leger and threw in Buthelezi ew at 100/1.It will be a quiet week if I don't get a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back