What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avonrose clocked a pretty decent time LTO. Half stakes @ EW 8/1.

The trip isn't of concern, but the course is a slight worry. Muhandis is a danger, as goes well over this CD and is also slightly 'well in' and better Jock, but draw a bit iffy. A couple of others are possible, but Avonrose looks worthy of an EW dabble at 8's.

Thats all for me. I'm boycotting Kempton from now on. I've had enough of the place, never get anywhere at that course, and it's cost me dearly over the last few years. Enough is enough.

Danzoe

Danzoe 7/1

Lingfield 5 f , droping back in trip, a tough front running effot will work well here. Very close on times between field however, you know Danzoes time is legitimate, as was in a pace dule 2 starts back, to stay on to win . Possibly overlooked as market leaders have recent form in fog!

Shelovestobouggie - unlucky in running back after a break and not beaten too badly - may strip fitter today - 0.5 pt stake each way at 8s.

It's hard not to like Oscar Whisky he's forever winning but 3 times he's failed to get his head in front at the festival. Nicky Henderson reckons he was lifeless in the World Hurdle but my own take is he find very little when taken out of his comfort zone and blatantly never got the trip in the World Hurdle.

Every jockey in the a race will be aware of him today and more than a few will want to be trying to stretch him/burn him out from the top of the hill.

Race looks more like a bus run for chasing failures than a hurdle race but the likes of Walkon, Crack Away Jack and Cross Kennon look to have retained some speed. The latter could go all out make this a real test and set it up for Reve De Sivola to outstay Oscar Whisky

I'm taking the chance OW won't get home again and laying him

Also 6/1 is awful short about Imperial Commander considering his trainer hinting he's going there for a lob round and the idea is to get rid of all the cobwebs.

I'm backing both The New One and Irish Saint so if either wins I make a small profit so hopefully both will go in.

Rolling Star is said to be better than some but not as good as others at Seven barrows and Jonjo's last Shadow although a lot better than his first run suggests may need this 2nd run before we see the best of him.

It could turn out Irish Saint has a much easier task than the New One.

I like Mount Benbulben in the 2.15 at Leop. His jumping improved last time out and he has claims of reversing form at the trip today with Marito.

Main bets today are Irish Saint and a lay of Grands Crus in the Argento place-market (plus a small single on Whisper).

I've also had a speculative Yankee; Imperial Commander, Nadia De La Vega, Irish Saint & Whisper.

Serious aftertiming alert.

I've so far had 5 bets at Cheltenham for today. I put 4 in a yankee leaving out Vino Griego. Happy with the small win but would have been a great start to a £5ew yankee.

Couple I fancy today at Leopardstown and have backed in two singles and an e/w double are Smithfield (12:25) and Ally Cascade (13:25).

12.25 Leopardstown

the fav Urano is too similar to the 2nd + 3rd fav to be vastly shorter in price..throw in some dark ones..makes Urano a lay for me at 1.69

Wolverhampton 1PT E/WAY LUCKY 15

1:35 Orchard Boy - SP

2:40 Rysbrack - SP

4:20 Lady Kathleen 15/2

4:50 Knockdolian 33/1

Sizing Gold is considered to be the natural replacement to Sizing Europe-obviously he is up against a potential festival winner but Ladbrokes offer of 3/1 without the fav looks fair enough to me.

12.25 Leopardstown

the fav Urano is too similar to the 2nd + 3rd fav to be vastly shorter in price..throw in some dark ones..makes Urano a lay for me at 1.69

Good call -Urano has been beaten too many times at short odds for my liking.
Jim Cullotty gave a good mention for the winner on ATR.

cheers..decent start

i might be missing something but i think Oscars Joy is clear 2nd best in the 12.55.

2.5 to place looks a gift..famous last words

Sizing Gold is considered to be the natural replacement to Sizing Europe-obviously he is up against a potential festival winner but Ladbrokes offer of 3/1 without the fav looks fair enough to me.

cracking race this..the fav looks a monster..our vinnie will struggle with the penalty..then SG ...Seefood & Ally Cascade look similar..probably back Ally to place at the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back