What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:30
chesnut charlie looks the one

main dangers are Prince Of Milan and Sammy Black

Interesting. Only havin a few small bets today for interest but I like the top weight Talbot Road. I like Sammy Black but not sure he'll get the trip.

Thanks but good luck and may the force be with trainer Paul Webber.

From his website;

"Because of Racing's new-found flexibility, we hope to send seven runners to Wolverhampton on Sunday. There is a hastily-arranged' Jumpers Bumper' card with excellent prize-money for the type of race. These runners of ours will benefit greatly from galloping around Wolverhampton, instead of doing much lesser exercise at home. Having said that, we are not undertaking this as a training exercise, as we feel all these horse should do themselves justice and are fit enough to do so.

If they had to canter for another week without faster work, then I'm pretty sure their fitness levels would begin to fall. Tomorrow will tell us (and the punters) more! Before anybody gets carried away, do not forget that they are running on a sharp all-weather track over two miles, when many of these horses competing, will need much further to be seen at their best.

Lucanor and Orchard Boy need more experience anyway, but the latter has come on plenty since his debut. Lightning Strike may lack for speed
but needs the outing.Rysbrack has been running well, including over this course before and should have a big chance. Sussex Sunset has been denied by the weather three times recently, but hasn't run for ages. Lady Kathleen had a little break since her admirable efforts and looks in great form.
Knockdolian ran well in desperate ground at Lingfield and being by Montjeu should appreciate the surface."

The odd thing is, Chef, I don't think Webber could train water to run downhill!

For your sake, I hope he proves me wrong -if only for today. :cool:

Wolver 2.10 Blue Noodles

I've taken some 7/1 but the bulk of the bet will be in running, as he's likely be out the back early on.

Although he's slowly away, McHugh was too confident/ inept and simply gave the horse too much to do last time out.
Tomorrows jockey is not much use, but that comment applies to plenty of the field and he ran in this race last year , finishing 3rd beaten .5lth off an 8lb higher mark and he actually looks to be in slightly better form.
I will need to gaps to open as the jock is unlikely to force the issue, but some staggered bets at big odds should make it worthwhile.

I was looking at the 4.30 at Wolves with the intention of backing Delightful Sleep when the one at the bottom (Belle Noverre) caught my eye. Typical Kirby/Butler number, price of 7/2 suggests that today might be the day for this one...

Graham Gibbons man to follow today I reckon, especially with Mick Easterby in form. Fighter Boy definitely an eyecatcher last time took 9-1 last night.

Fancy a few today - 4/1 or less 10pts win - 9/2 or more 5pts e/way

Wolves
2:30 Blodwen Abbey 20/1
3:30 Maz
4:30 Aureolin Gulf 66/1 & Bartley 33/1
5:00 Code Six 14/1

Lingfield
1:20 Oh Dear Oh Dear
1:50 Representingceltic
2:20 Keep Kicking
2:50 Shadarpour
3:20 Dr Livingstone
3:50 Natural Spring
4:20 Guest Of Honour

daring damsel 2.00 wolves has been backed over night, has some
good form behind kames park beaten just under 2 lengths,
Broxbourne was in that race and has won since, its lightly raced
and hopefully improving. goodluck

Graham Gibbons man to follow today I reckon, especially with Mick Easterby in form. Fighter Boy definitely an eyecatcher last time took 9-1 last night.

Hope some of you were on Fighter Boy! Had some more at 7's, hoping Prince James does the business in the next, took 10'1 and 8's last nigth in a double with Fighter Boy. Had a few quid on Cornus in the next as well,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back