What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be a danger to myself today with lots of winnings to play with from yesterday, makes up for my bad run. Having said that not too much jumps out at me today as decent value. Lost quite a few quid on Final Drive and Fleetwood Sands recently so may back them as a just in case but only 0.5pts.

I keep looking at that See U Bob for JP Mcmanus with Linehan on, back down in grade off 8lbs lower than last run in a class 3, having run like a complete nag in three runs for Jonjo but the fact he is persistingseems to me he must be showing something at home. Another small stake each way as horses at top of betting are in good form.

I keep looking at that See U Bob for JP Mcmanus with Linehan on, back down in grade off 8lbs lower than last run in a class 3, having run like a complete nag in three runs for Jonjo but the fact he is persistingseems to me he must be showing something at home. Another small stake each way as horses at top of betting are in good form.

Another good call 2nd 25/1

I'm having a desparate bet 4:00 Ludlow 4x7 & 4x1 £4r/f/c each and £1 combo f/c the three :ninja:

4:30 Leics - Cool Touch - have had £10 at 8.0 with an in running lay at 3.0 in the hope he tears off in front and opens a big gap.

On The Hoof @ 4.3 in the 5.20 looks fair in a race with very few threats.

i just hope he doesn't over do the early pace.

Fleetwood bloody sands! See earlier post, wish I had the stake I had on it last time!!!!! Oh well, still q profit, good week so far!!

Not too bad a result, 12-1 winner and 12-1 second. Harris and Carson could be the ones to be on today, both in reasonable form. Backed Sir Dylan a couple of times, took 14's last night and twelves this morning but will leave it at that.

Over the jumps I fancy Royal charm today but again just usual 1pt each way. Might have a 0.5 pt on Mon Mome as had one warm up run so may strip fitter at a decent price today with Venetia in sparkling form.

Not too bad a result, 12-1 winner and 12-1 second. Harris and Carson could be the ones to be on today, both in reasonable form. Backed Sir Dylan a couple of times, took 14's last night and twelves this morning but will leave it at that.

Over the jumps I fancy Royal charm today but again just usual 1pt each way. Might have a 0.5 pt on Mon Mome as had one warm up run so may strip fitter at a decent price today with Venetia in sparkling form.

Another decent each way shout! At the weights it had to stand a chance of getting a place.

Why oh why Di jockeys insist on sitting at.the back?!?! Sir Dylan would have passed that if he hadn't let franny steal a march off the front, 14-1 winner halved. I feel cheated!!!

Cheers bud, having a good week, makes up for the last few bad ones!!! Not much jumping out at me tomorrow at the mo, quite like silver alliance but price at bit short and I'm not a fan of the app although she does know the horse well. Will sleep on it!

Three tentative each way selections today at small stakes today:

1. Faraway Land - Julie Feilden says she likes this horse but can't seem to translate what she does at home on to the track - run 3 times over 12 furlongs and now upped to 2m for handicap debut - be interesting to see how she goes, but might be one to look out for rather than back to see how she does

2. Beauchamp Xerxes - Swedish Trainer Hans Adielsson I think makes his money by backing his at big prices. Was rated and won off 98 and 100 over 8f on the turf for G Butler. Obviously had a problem as long term absence to overcome but has since had three tune up runs. and wondering if will surprise us today off 64, and Franny Norton up who I believe has never ridden for trainer before. Big price and rightly so so only small each way stake.

3. Fantasy Fighter - sticking with Harris given the form hes in and Quinn is up on board as well. Not won for two years but a massive drop in the weights and although thte horse is getting on a bit he surely is going to win again at some point. Been trying to look for clues in this race as have backed Sexton House the last 3 runs and lost quite a bit of money (its been heavily backed from 20's into 4's twice). Interestingly Willy Carson been on board twice, he's also ridden a couple of winners for Harris this last week and yet is on board spellmaker in the race. Can't make my mind up what all that means so I'm just going with my instinct I think!!

Anyway good luck, hopefully something jumps out at me tomorrow!

Last edited:
Catterick 3:55 Saviero 5pts e/way - found a couple of form lines that give him a chance so worth the risk at the odds - I hope.

6.20 Dundalk

INISHMOT DUCHESS.... 4.5

comes out a little clear of these on my figures..biggest danger would be Copper Dock..who is worth a saver at 10.5

beaten the thickness of Jimmy Savile's cigar ;)

one more go.7.20 race......have layed Typhoon Lily at 1.79..not much in hand here..stable 0/11 at track..and stable had a 9/4f beaten 10 lengths a few days ago

Not a lot to get excited about today but I've had one bet and that is in a 'Champion' Hurdle that is over 2m4f anda a handicap.

Hollow Tree looked good to me last year but in the final analysis was not quite good enough. Was highly regarded by McCain, beat subsequent Triumph winner at Chepstow and won at today's venue. (Irrelevant fact- 3 career runs in Wales, 3 wins by an aggregate of 28.5 lengths). A front runner that couldn't really get up the hill at Cheltenham, he is a gutsy horse and for some reason I am of the opinion that as an ex-flat graduate he probably feels that big weights are really a burden..

They have pushed him up in distance this season and he's been beaten by others in this field. However he's only at 10.12. today and is getting weight rather than giving. I expect him to give a bold showing and to be placed at least. He should be a lot short than his current price in running. So for me an ew bet in the ratio 1:2 win/place.

Cheers bud, having a good week, makes up for the last few bad ones!!! Not much jumping out at me tomorrow at the mo, quite like silver alliance but price at bit short and I'm not a fan of the app although she does know the horse well. Will sleep on it!

Waited until got 5s thankfully. Not much today, will be on waabel but small.stakes. Quite.like spirit of Sharjah each way with fanning on board an interesting booking. Have a good day all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back