What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays selections
2.40 fos las - Shaking hands. ground, trip and course look spot on.
3.35 keppols hill

Ffos Las 3:45 Siberian Tiger 20/1+ 5pts e/way

Sandown
1:50 Falcon Island & Lord Singer 4pts win each - 1pt r/f/c

3:00 1x4x6 1pt combo f/c

3:35 - 2x3 4pt r/f/c

Last edited:
Hi all. New member here:)
I use a method that rates three categories and ranks accordingly. Highest total is the selection. If tied, what I consider my most important category decides.

For better or for worse I'll be on three horses today.
My nap is Goulanes in the Weth 3.20.
The other two I shall do in a half stakes e/w double.
They are both at Ffos Las. Oscara Dara in the 2.05 and Red Rocco in the 2.40.

I use a method that rates three categories and ranks accordingly. Highest total is the selection. If tied, what I consider my most important category decides.

Good luck VM and welcome

Welsh C.H. 10pts win Medinas - for me

gl with them..welcome to the forum:cool:

I hope your method is full-proof, VM - I threw all three in a Yankee this morning (unfortunately, the first-leg was Toubab, who ran like a drain - a 'blocked' one ;) - in the Sandown opener).

Welcome to the forum. The complete asbence of AW selections does you great credit. :D

Good luck VM and welcome

Welsh C.H. 10pts win Medinas - for me

Good tipping Chef. I wish I'd seen this before the race in a way though! Did me conkers on the other King runner.

Hoping Alfie Spinner will justify my support in the next.

Thanks for the welcome lads.
Medinas was actually my 2nd top. I don't usually dutch though. I must say that I thought OD was very dissapointing. I've now put a double stake on Red Rocco to place in order to hopefully recover the loss on that e/w double. The nap still stands too.

Goulanesis my nap of the day-I have taken 65for the Sun Alliance and hope to see him demolish today's field.

Good tipping Chef. I wish I'd seen this before the race in a way though! Did me conkers on the other King runner.

Hoping Alfie Spinner will justify my support in the next.

Had 2pts win on Makethemostofnow in running - like the way he's travelling although well behind - good luck

Its fitting that after blowing Carruthers trumpet as a e/w contender in this seasons Hennessy (when he bombed) that he's never stopped winning since, I had a big bet on him that day aswell. Its happend a few times to me this season, no rest for the wicked I guess.

I think from now on when I fancy a horse I won't back it for two or three more runs....:)

LING 3:30 RAKAAN 16/1 EW (Half Stakes)
With so many front runners in the field, looks sure to get the race run to suit. The 4lb swing with George Guru looks fair enough, and the forecast brisk Northerly wind can be considered a plus also.
Lowther obviously rates as a danger, but has yet to prove on the clock that it's really on it's way back to it's best, though could well be. George Guru shouldn't be far away, while Emerald Wilderness may be persistent enough over what looks to be a shorter trip than ideal. Grey Mirage, Mr Red Clubs and Webbow have claims as well, so Rakaan is no good thing, but looks over priced to me considering the likely pace in the race (18's now with SJ, probably for peanuts though).

Ah well. It all rests on Goulanes now. Trading over 2.00 to place now on b/f. Very tempting. In fact, I'm tempted. Place only to end up with a profit on the day.

Last edited:
LING 3:30 RAKAAN 16/1 EW (Half Stakes)
With so many front runners in the field, looks sure to get the race run to suit. The 4lb swing with George Guru looks fair enough, and the forecast brisk Northerly wind can be considered a plus also.
Lowther obviously rates as a danger, but has yet to prove on the clock that it's really on it's way back to it's best, though could well be. George Guru shouldn't be far away, while Emerald Wilderness may be persistent enough over what looks to be a shorter trip than ideal. Grey Mirage, Mr Red Clubs and Webbow have claims as well, so Rakaan is no good thing, but looks over priced to me considering the likely pace in the race (18's now with SJ, probably for peanuts though).

Got no run although a crap ride on my to follows after that run don't know if wouldv'e won but definitely wouldv'e placed.

I'll be on four today, all non h/caps. My method is most suited to those. No blurbs I'm afraid. Not my cup of tea at all. :)

Punch 1.20 Don Cossack
Muss 1.30 Lord Wishes
Muss 2.30 Sametegal (nap)
Punch 2.50 Love Rory

4x win singles
6x win doubles @ smaller stakes
1x e/w acc @ same smaller stake

Good Luck today!:thumbsup:

Sizing Europe could win by 20 lengths hard held today but this is a horse being prepared for the Gold Cup-don't touch it at 1/6.

i can't see him coming off the bridle Luke..i wouldn't back owt at that price over fences but even if being tried over further in future he still should burn these

Last edited:
On the strength of Luke's theory, I have place-laid to lose the price of a round of drinks/win the price of a Michelin-starred nosebag.

See how it goes.

I laid a chunk at 1.15 but if I was really brave I would try lay in running.In my mind Carberry will try and come with one of his trademark late runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back