What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A bit of a slog but he got the job done. The Gold Cup is the outsider of his 3 options" @HenrydeBromhead on Sizing Europe

I thought this might be the case, and I don't know how Luke can be sure of anything else, but fair play for giving his view (info?) out there.
I think Sizing Europe 7/1 is a cracking bet for the Champion Chase for a horse with his track record, its too good to turn down imo.
And to beat Sprinter Sacre it will feel more like a 2 mile 4F race for Sizing anyway, as he will have to exert so much. I reckon HDB willl have a quiet word with Potts and let Sizing take this great horse on.

Last edited:
My opinion about Sizing going for the Gold Cup is based on the words of someone very close to the stable-obviously I don't want to be quoting names on an open forum.
They are scare shitless of Sprinter Sacre and the Ryanair is a glorified consolation race.
On good ground I think they will run in the Gold Cup.I may gave to eat my words come the festival but I am just passing on what I have been told.

I'm sticking with fantasy fighter tomorrow, small each way stake just in case. Luke morris on board, down to optimum 5f, fourth last time out. Tentative but it's got place or win again soon and signs of a revival were evident I thought. No mean trick, yungaburra and fab are the dangers, might do 2x ctc

I remain to be convinced about Darlan and think he's a false price for the Champion Hurdle and a false price for todays race. I've taken the 2/1 about Rock On Ruby who's consistently underrated, going should suit and whilst no doubt not fully primed I think he'll be fit enough to do himself justice. I'm slightly concerned that with a small field the race may be run to suit Darlan but to have him odds on here against the current champion hurdler having won one race out of novice company against mediocre opposition is sheer madness.

Also added a small double with Aaim To Prosper whom I expect to step up from his previous run.

I'm not a fan of small fields DoM. My preference is for eight or more runners. Having said that, I do not like having a selection highlighted and going unbacked by me. :)

took 2/1 on Rock On Ruby

good strike rate
can make the running
goes well fresh
best form on the field

I dont think they will travel 300 miles if the horse is not trying

I'm sticking with fantasy fighter tomorrow, small each way stake just in case. Luke morris on board, down to optimum 5f, fourth last time out. Tentative but it's got place or win again soon and signs of a revival were evident I thought. No mean trick, yungaburra and fab are the dangers, might do 2x ctc

Decent return at sixteens, be a short price upped to six I bet but will be backing it.

Wolves 5:55 Lacey - risking a 5pt win as his sire Rail Link progeny have a 28% strike rate on all weather. Hopefully a value bet at the odds

Wyborne - Lacey 2pt s/f/c as cover

Wolves 5:55 Lacey - risking a 5pt win as his sire Rail Link progeny have a 28% strike rate on all weather. Hopefully a value bet at the odds

Wyborne - Lacey 2pt s/f/c as cover

Missed the f/c by a shd :(

Tuesday
Market Rasen 3:00 Milan Royale e/way - The last 3 runnings of this race have been won by Malcolm Jefferson or owner Trevor Hemmings over a 6 year period as it was abandoned 3 times. The last 2 for Jefferson 1 with Hemmings as owner and the other for Hemmings trained by Sue Smith. Jefferson & Hemmings team up with Milan Royale having his first h'cap run after 3 uninspiring runs and gets in off bottom weight. In my mind I smell a possible touch and will watch the markets on this one. So a small e/way at hopefully double figure odds or a bigger bet if gambled. I'll wait until a couple of minutes before the off. I'll probably have an each way on his other runner as well in the h'cap chase - The Magic Bishop.

He doesn't give much away on his website but he does have a good record at the track.

"Tomorrow, we are Market Rasen. Milan Royale found the course to fast on his first run; but will have come on for subsequent experiences at Wetherby and Doncaster. In a handicap for the first time tomorrow which he may find easier than a novice. The Magic Bishop ran well last time. Top weight tomorrow, we are using Jack to take 10lb off which will help. He is a very consistent horse."

As always - looking for a bit of value or any clues. Struggling again today, one things that jumps out at me is Barry Geraghty has one ride today riding for Dessie Hughes - on the face of it looks a bit of a nag does Father Jack - However, Sire has a decent record with its progeny so this one may be a diamond in the rough. Dam unraced I think so might be worth a very small each way stake as a speculative punt.

Village Green at Southwell looks a decent each way bet at 8's for Ollie Pears - I know someone in the syndicate but unable to get hold of him this morning - if he comes back to me I'll stick any info up here.

Good luck all

Father Jack is a non runner!!!!

Also will be having a small speculative punt on Greek Islands - still not won for Ed De Giles but has run well a few times in defeat - Could represent a bit of value at 12's with PP.

Have it in an each pay patent with Village Green and Birdy Boy (prices now for Birdy Boy are too short but took 13-2 last night).

Missed the f/c by a shd :(

Tuesday
Market Rasen 3:00 Milan Royale e/way - The last 3 runnings of this race have been won by Malcolm Jefferson or owner Trevor Hemmings over a 6 year period as it was abandoned 3 times. The last 2 for Jefferson 1 with Hemmings as owner and the other for Hemmings trained by Sue Smith. Jefferson & Hemmings team up with Milan Royale having his first h'cap run after 3 uninspiring runs and gets in off bottom weight. In my mind I smell a possible touch and will watch the markets on this one. So a small e/way at hopefully double figure odds or a bigger bet if gambled. I'll wait until a couple of minutes before the off. I'll probably have an each way on his other runner as well in the h'cap chase - The Magic Bishop.

He doesn't give much away on his website but he does have a good record at the track.

"Tomorrow, we are Market Rasen. Milan Royale found the course to fast on his first run; but will have come on for subsequent experiences at Wetherby and Doncaster. In a handicap for the first time tomorrow which he may find easier than a novice. The Magic Bishop ran well last time. Top weight tomorrow, we are using Jack to take 10lb off which will help. He is a very consistent horse."

Now 6/1 from 14/1 too early to say it's a definite gamble but trainer said in November before horse had run.

"A lovely unraced horse, this horse has had lots of problems that kept him off the racecourse up until now, but thankfully he is 100% and set to make his debut.

All I am interested in first time is getting him back here in one piece and then we can look at where to go with him.

He has a future"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back