What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to normal this week it seems - just Birdy Boy to come in now and save me...

Probably not though....

Not a good day for me either - my pick disappointing even though going off 7/2 2nd fav.

Gonna try to get it back in bumper with 2 forecasts

Mkt Rsn 4:30 1x3 & 2x3 - 3pt r/f/c each - hoping B Bertie will outrun his odds being by Kings Theatre.

one worth taking on in a bad race tomorrow is Priors Gold in the 1.40 race.

Pears is 1/51 with hurdlers and Priors Gold record is that of a horse that doesn't find a lot in a finish. In last 19 runs has been a beaten fav 3 times at..2/5..5/4..5/6

any one of teh next 3 in betting can win..all 4yo's

lay priors gold looks the call..bits at 1.6 ish at the moment

Tony McCoy travels to Carlisle today, principally to ride Shutthefrontdoor, 4.05.
5 from 6 already, and looks certain to improve for the step up in trip; 3's will do nicely.

I'm with you Reet Hard. I'm taking a fancy to Creek Falcon today, Raul Da Silva taking a handy 3 lbs off and O'Meara's yard has been in decent form. I'll putting those two and Ishi in a trixie today. Small stake for trixie but 2pts win on shutthefrontdoor

Good luck all

Carlisle 1:50 Fleet Fox 3pts place @ 16.5 betfair - in running lay at 5 - poor race with any likely to place with fav - looking for a bit of value from a stable going well this season

Tony McCoy travels to Carlisle today, principally to ride Shutthefrontdoor, 4.05.
5 from 6 already, and looks certain to improve for the step up in trip; 3's will do nicely.

If he's trying to win he should have a good chance. I've doubled this one up with Reginaldinho at Ludlow.

Backed Red Shadow, win and place in the 2.00

Possibly better on p/t, or he may have improved since last run here. Got a wide draw and travels well early enough.

Backed Red Shadow, win and place in the 2.00

Possibly better on p/t, or he may have improved since last run here. Got a wide draw and travels well early enough.

2nd @ 14/1. bf sp on place was 4.6.

Winner got a decent advantage from the start, probably getting a 3 lth advantage and a better passage.

Another speculative punt but Lowtherwood in the 5.05 at Kempton is out for second run since joining Muir from Smart. Down 13lbs since handicap debut and although shown absolutely nothing is interesting that on stable debut two weeks ago it opened at 28-1 and was backed into 9's. might be worth another small each way stake. Plus Muirs record at Southwell is pretty good.

Last edited:
I'm with you Reet Hard. I'm taking a fancy to Creek Falcon today, Raul Da Silva taking a handy 3 lbs off and O'Meara's yard has been in decent form. I'll putting those two and Ishi in a trixie today. Small stake for trixie but 2pts win on shutthefrontdoor

Good luck all

Well done Reet, good result, put a few more quid on when Vulcanite got turned over. Decent price for a Mccoy horse that.

Small return on the each way trixie with Ishi coming 3rd.

Cheers guys; had most of mine on at 3's, and subject to a 15p rule 4.:whistle:
Thought he'd blown it at the last, too.

good shout Reet :cool:

i'm taking this fav on in the 6.35.

Golden Causeway is entered in a 6f race and a 10f race in future..suggesting the trip this one wants is a mystery..my own guess is its more a sprinter than a stayer and could run out of petrol. There is no way this is an odds on shot. I think the bottom two will supply the winner but would rather lay than work that one out as the top one could beat the fav as well..so just laying

A few jump out at me today which is why I am so late on as have been studying extra hard.

Whiskey and Rye 3.15 clonmel looks well in even off top weight and I'm having a one point win on that.

Hada Men looks well handicapped also after finishing 3 in a better race last time - plus jockey and stable form together means should be certainly in the places.

Angelo Du Berlais - I'm taking on calculated risk. Little Dutch Girl finished way back when short price favourite behind Angelo and then went on to finish only 7 lengths behind Calculated Risk - Taking into account the improvement in both horses since I think at the prices Angelo looks a bit of value.

I'm also having a speculative punt (as usual) on Needwood Ridge at 25's or better in the 5.35 at Wolverhampton. Coming down the weights and with Kirby up for the first time looks a massive price. Factor in Sheridan's record at Wolverhampton and definitely a bit of value. Only small stakes though. One of my other horses to follow is in the race, Hawk Moth, it's cost me some money these last twelve months but should be troubling the place money also with Luke Morris up.

Good luck all

2 winners and a place - good returns so far, needwood ridge coming in would just be a really nice bonus - probably won't trouble the judge but you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back