What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amelia Hull is too big at 6.8 in the 6.05 race..comes out top on my figures with the light weight..two fav's look very short and neither has anything in hand to warrant it.

Afternoon chaps, well Needwood Ridge didn't turn my good afternoons work into an amazing one - interesting the money was down but just got left behind and looked a bit one paced.

Anyway, on to today's offerings:

Moleskin for Victor Dartnell - tough race to pick this but did well on its come back run, missed the prices last night but took 6's earlier on. C&D winner

Market Option - Venetia Williams is having a good season and stable bang in form - don't rate the favourite for Pipe so putting this one up

Perlachy - I backed this last week in an apprentice handicap - hold up performer but didn't get a good run, been plummeting down the weights and like Sir Dylan the other week should be ready for a win soon. Luke Morris back up and a decent each way bet.

1pt each way patent today on the three.

Good luck

Just in from work and settling down for what's left of the racing.

Newcastle 3:35 Trainer Stuart Crawford brings 2 over from Ireland and although he hasn't a great record at the track exactly one 3rd of all his runners in this country have been placed - so a chance taken at very nice betfair odds on two minimun e/ways @ 16.0 & 90.0 the wins and 2.46 & 7.4 places

Rubbish so far - Last bet of the day - 4:10 Transact 5pts win - outsider of field but loves the course so hopefully a bit of value

8.50 El salvador..layed at 2.1

nothing special and any of the next 3 in the betting could win

It must be unprecedented for Henry de Bromhead to run a winning hurdler in 3 successive flat maidens.Absolutelyfantastic travels well and I can't see him doing any worse then finishing second to the favourite.

Henry has had 6 runners at Dundalk since 2008-Absolutelyfantastic makes the journey for the third time since the 4th of January.I would imagine tonight is the plan.

I'm sweet on Junior e/w in the big chase. With the dead 8 runners I think he can make the first three. If the leading hopes underperform he could even go better. 25/1 e/w will do nicely.

Yeah sadly I can see that happening too Luke, based on what I've seen of him this season: I thought he'd run a big race at Kempton and was dissapointed. Bar the Jolly, the ones below in the betting all look like much of a muchness and that is why I make Junior my e/w bet of the day to make the frame.

Last edited:
My Tent or Yours the only proper bet but I have Edgardo Sol, Cotton Mill and Flemenstar in a cheeky little treble as well.

Kijivu was an eyecatcher last time ridden hands and heels and yet finished strongly. Drop to 1.5m a puzzle and prob negative but with Kingscote up at a decent price worth a small each way stake.

I'm on waabel again today but that is with heart rather than head, got to win again soon.

John Ferguson taken two to leopardstown and I fancy both to place, second one prob better chance.

Good luck all

Even though this represents Arabian Flights easiest task to date, having been beaten at 1.2/2.3/1.4 in three of his last three races, I can pass him over at odds on.

Kyle Of Bute will probably be in the shake up, with Brotherton on board but I'm backing Querido @ 32.0 and Sir George @ 20.0.

Querido ran in this race last year and finished down the field but had had a recent win which effectively meant he ran with a penalty. This appears to be his best track, although he tends to be slowly away and has a dislike to the kickback, so the 1 draw could be a problem.

I was against Sir George initially, with the trainers dreadful record, but that was when he was 7/1.

She won this race last year with the same jockey, has probably not had enough time to cause the new recruit to decline and his last run in a claimer, when he no real chance is working out well in the context of this race, with all three in front of him winning next time out.

As usual should have just put a lay in on the fav who failed to place. I actually put in an in running place lay on it at 1.04, so was amazed it got matched @ 1.01, as well as Kyle Of Bute who finished 5th/6th.

Great card at Exeter, and can't see past the favourites in most races. Just a Par, Puffin Billy, Harry Topper and Vieux Lion Rouge - four trebles and a four-timer. Mug bet I know but it'll keep me entertained.

Would tend to agree Benny but I'd be worried about just a par. I think Kilmurvy is a big danger despite being third in the betting. Haven't looked at the last named's race though.

Each way trixie today, bonnie prince blue, dewala and caramalita. Last one is interesting with graham Lee up. Run three back from break over 8, back at last winning distance albeit turf. Only ever won at southwell over 5 but that was a few years ago. Took 16s this morning qnd a bit more at 12. Just each way though.

Good luck all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back