What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of Harry Topper and at odds against in the 3.00 @Exeter i've got to have a decent bet on him. This is a decent race but conditions are ideal for him and his form is the best in the race bar Bensalem who would be an unlikely winner off a break of 673 days. I can't see King having him spot on for this, clearly a sharpener before the spring festivals.

Wouldn't bank on Bensalem not being fit - same team won only 2 previous runs of this race!

Last edited:
Was fit enough but not good enough. Harry Topper is a proper horse in testing conditions.

I'm a big fan of Harry Topper and at odds against in the 3.00 @Exeter i've got to have a decent bet on him. This is a decent race but conditions are ideal for him and his form is the best in the race bar Bensalem who would be an unlikely winner off a break of 673 days. I can't see King having him spot on for this, clearly a sharpener before the spring festivals.

good call Aragorn..even i didn't jinx it

Well done Aragorn.

Backed Justine Time @ 44/0/6.2, in the next at Southwell.

This filly is probably useless but is worth a pop on the basis that she's never tried the surface and may have needed first two runs off a lay off.

Looks one of those either 1st or last, depending if she takes to surface and kickback.

He might be next seasons Hennessy winner if they put him away and let him strengthen.

There is a bit of Bobs worth about him in the way he goes about his job.

Backed Justine Time @ 44/0/6.2, in the next at Southwell.
This filly is probably useless but is worth a pop on the basis that she's never tried the surface and may have needed first two runs off a lay off.
Looks one of those either 1st or last, depending if she takes to surface and kickback.

Ran better than the bare result, finishing 6th of 10. Having gone on about the inside draw last week, she struggled from being drawn on the rail, but ran with some promise once out wide, finishing best of the low drawn horses.

Will probably remain a decent price, so worth watching.

Chased leaders, ridden and lost place over 4f out, no chance after

Shangani (410.Catt.) jumped like a buck when adopting forcing tactics lto, & has only the heavily penalised Brave Spartacus to beat

Nice shout, Aragorn.

To be honest, I was quite pelased to see Bailey cool on the idea of the 4-miler, as I view HT as a bit of a threat to my Goulanes bet. Hope connections stick to their guns and keep him well away from Cheltenham!

Dancing Lamb in the lucky last at Catterick-from a very decent extended family.Currently 9.4 on the machine.Richard Johnson sticks around to ride.Obviously there is an element of guesswork but worth a small bet at the price-plenty of scope to lay off at the odds.

July days is an interesting one in the 17.30 with Gibbons on board - won off much higher marks in Ireland albeit recently won off 55 and 59 in the UK. C&D seems to be right - just whether mark is still a smidgin too high - I'll be giving it an each way chance anyway at a decent price.

The only race I've considered today is the Ayr 4.30. It's a 20f Class 3 h/cap chase. I've whittled the field down to five.
Premier Sagas, Nuts N Bolts, Rich Lord, Stormin Exit and Rossini's Dancer.
The first two to get the chop out of that lot is Rich Lord & Rossin's Dancer. They are the two lowest by my ratings and both are underpriced. Premier Sagas offer a bit of value but is not rated highly enough by me. Nuts N Bolts,although 2nd top for me is grossly underpriced. That leaves me with Stormin Exit. My top rated and is an overlay.

The bet is STORMIN EXIT to place on Betfair. If my fairly generous ask is not matched I'll accept bfsp.

Last edited:
Is today going to be one of those coincidences when given it is Chinese new year that kung hey fat choy will win!?! It is isn't it? It shouldn't but it might? Mightent it? I've not even convinced myself let alone anyone else but I'm going to throw a few quid on just to savee kicking myself if it does win. I'm still smarting from diletta tommassa yesterday, I always throw a tenner on anything with tom in the name as that is my son's name, I thought I'd save a tenner yesterday and in it romped at 25-1. Gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back