What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 horses worth backing tomorrow, all have form tied with each other and I beleive it will be worth taking a punt the form works out. We'll see how I do.

Lingfield 1:30: Divine Rule
Kempton 7:30 Ermyntrude
Kempton 8:00 Flamborough Breeze (NAP)

Will do a win patent and win treble and hope it pays for Chelters.

My local stable are confident M J Woodward can complete a hat trick in Southwell`s first. Has won 6 times in little over a year but never by very much and this has kept his handicap mark down. Only raised 1lb for last win. Needs to be aggresively ridden and in Joe Fanning has the ideal jockey. And also has winning Southwell form...all boxes ticked:)

Later on, the same stable`s My New Angel is worth a small each way bet at a big price.

My local stable are confident M J Woodward can complete a hat trick in Southwell`s first. Has won 6 times in little over a year but never by very much and this has kept his handicap mark down. Only raised 1lb for last win. Needs to be aggresively ridden and in Joe Fanning has the ideal jockey. And also has winning Southwell form...all boxes ticked:)

Later on, the same stable`s My New Angel is worth a small each way bet at a big price.

Nice shout DD :D

Nice one:D keep em coming

Nice one Dan, 3-1

:adore:

Great stuff, Desperate Dan.

Just a word on my best today, (Flamborough Breeze, 8:00 Kempton). Horse has solid form at class six level and this is the first time in about 15 races that he runs at the same trip as his previous outing. He's been running at all types of trips and been dropped out the back, maybe too far out the back. The fact he's back over the mile again which saw him come a good 3rd last time must be a positive, and if not given too much to do early on he has as good a chance as any imo.

Last edited:
Great stuff, Desperate Dan.

Just a word on my best today, (Flamborough Breeze, 8:00 Kempton). Horse has solid form at class six level and this is the first time in about 15 races that he runs at the same trip as his previous outing. He's been running at all types of trips and been dropped out the back, maybe too far out the back. The fact he's back over the mile again which saw him come a good 3rd last time must be a positive, and if not given too much to do early on he has as good a chance as any imo.

:adore:

Cheers chaps!

Shame about my other two fancies and in hindsight I should have just gone with the one I knew was nailed on from the outset :)

I'm going to keep an eye on this trainer Ed Vaughan aswell.

Last edited:
Good stuff marb. Well done also to SJ who mentioned the same hoss on Gigs's thread. The double mention made me look twice and back it, and the drift to 13-2 was a bonus as well!

Thanks Benny.

Absoloute great bet tomorrow in my opinion is Tamaathul in the 5:05 at Meydan.

This horse had bits and pieces of form for Barry Hills, but has improved and found a rich vein of form recently: He won off top weight last time beating some good horses, and since December 2012 which saw his return to Meydan he's done nothing but improve. The only two dangers seem to be Mental and Krypton Factor (or they are the ones he has to beat),, but they're returning after quite long breaks and for that reason they are passed over in favour of this Tamaathul.

Mental and Krypton Factor are good horses but priced as roughly 5/2 joint favs, with mine at 6/1...well I couldn't advise people more strongly to back Tamaathul, I'm very keen.

Last edited:
Didn't put anything up yesterday as wasn't convinced by anything differently than what was put up already.

I'm fancying a couple of Davy Russell rides today, Lascalahall and Kakagh in an each way double and singles. Kakagh 2 lbs lower than for last win and might be due a good run at a decent price.

One I was looking at and hadn't backed was Lady Burgundy at Kempton tonight. Unfortunately Hugh Taylor has put it up meaning the prices have disappeared (was at 20's most places but now 11s) - ran quite well on comeback run (beaten 3 3/4 lengths by Irene Kennet after four months off) and form has been franked. You'd think would strip fitter and has been dropped a further pound meaning handicap mark now 16lb lower than initial handicap mark following winning a 12f maiden at Ffos Lass. Will have an each way patent with the other two today just annoyed I missed the prices. Damn that Hugh Taylor, damn him.

Can't understand why Conquisto isn't fav for the 1.40 at Kelso.
He's done nothing at all wrong over fences, and the few lbs he's in wrong with the Pipe horse should be more than offset by this being much more his distance.

Thanks Benny.

Absoloute great bet tomorrow in my opinion is Tamaathul in the 5:05 at Meydan.

This horse had bits and pieces of form for Barry Hills, but has improved and found a rich vein of form recently: He won off top weight last time beating some good horses, and since December 2012 which saw his return to Meydan he's done nothing but improve. The only two dangers seem to be Mental and Krypton Factor (or they are the ones he has to beat),, but they're returning after quite long breaks and for that reason they are passed over in favour of this Tamaathul.

Mental and Krypton Factor are good horses but priced as roughly 5/2 joint favs, with mine at 6/1...well I couldn't advise people more strongly to back Tamaathul, I'm very keen.

unfortunately draw took its toll:(:(

Yeah am gutted Baldeagle.

This reinforces the idea I have that backing improvers or improving horses can often lead to heartache. On form, on prices, it looked the right one to be on though.

Scottish Lake has a chance in the next at Kempton in five minute, hopefully recoup my losses on the Meydan horse. Dropped to 75 and back in class 5 again, likes Kempton and if gets run of the race can win the next. I'm going to take it easy for the next few days, too excitable!:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back