What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scottish Lake has a chance in the next at Kempton in five minute, hopefully recoup my losses on the Meydan horse. Dropped to 75 and back in class 5 again, likes Kempton and if gets run of the race can win the next. I'm going to take it easy for the next few days, too excitable!:)

Had a few quid on the Fav in the last AT Meydan to cover losses duly obliged :whistle:

Last edited:
Henry the aviator today looks over priced at 13/8. The way it picked up and finished it's race on debut suggested 1 mile would be suited and should come on for the run. I'm surprised it isn't odds on. Admittedly that ex O'Brien horse is in there but is starting to look a little exposed.

2 points win for me.

Lay Vino Griego until the cows come home. He may have won like a good horse last time but the race simply fell apart leaving him no choice but to win.

He's a complete rogue and the chances of him winning again lie between ziltch and Zero.

The Betfair Chase looks wide open but nothing travelled better in the King George than Cue Card despite the early blunder. Finian's Rainbow is a cracking Horse and you'd have to forgive him his last run. According to BG he's back to his best and with 84k up for grabs you can bet he'll be fit enough if good enough.

Captain Chris almost did me a huge favour in the King George but I can't have him in this. CC and FR are very fast horses and one mistake at the wrong time and he'll need to be Pegasus to get back into it' He seems to have gotten over his jumping problems but I just can't have him today.

Mick Channon was a great footballer, he's an even better trainer and seems to improve any horse he gets hold of. Somersby is one of those horse who will always give you a run for your money but never seems to get his head in front often enough where it matters.

I thought he ran a stormer behind Sprinter Sacre and considering it was a prep race for this MC must have been delighted.

He's not going to win the Ryanair nor will he beat Sprinter Sacre should he go for the QMCC so this is his Gold Cup today.

Somersby might just be the bet on the place market so I'll dabble there and back Cue Card to win

With luck in running, Atlantis Crossing (4.00 Ling) could have been on a 5 timer today,and every run indicates he could be even better for this extra furlong.
Has the right man on board to negotiate traffic problems, and the general 9/2 is just too generous.

Agree with Tanlic re Captain Chris. This is totally different to the King George and he's well worth taking on. The race he won at Ascot was poor and Cue Card and Finians will have too much class for him today. I've backed the former and may have the latter as well depending on the ground.

I like Giles Cross at Haydock as well. Won this last year and is only 6lb higher. Should be placed at least.

I have had a good dash at Cue Card, and think Raya Star might give Zark something to think about, in recepit of the weight at Wincanton - he's nailed-on for a place, imo.

I really don't think the front two in the 1.10 should be 1/3 dutched.

price seems to be based on improvement but I'd rather have the next three in the betting.

Red To Amber @ 8.0
Lady Guinevere @ 10.0
Gambolling Den @ 30.0

Also done small place lays on the front two.

I really don't think the front two in the 1.10 should be 1/3 dutched.

price seems to be based on improvement but I'd rather have the next three in the betting.

Red To Amber @ 8.0
Lady Guinevere @ 10.0
Gambolling Den @ 30.0

Also done small place lays on the front two.

i backed LG to win:lol:..well done..f/casts would be a large whooooosh...130 quid

Last edited:
i backed LG to win..well done..f/casts would be a large whooooosh

I can only claim a small whoosh. Only had £2 f/cs.

I actually think you were on the best horse in the race and probably sat too deep. I guess you managed to trade out as I got out on her @ 1.33 and 1.18.

I feel slightly guilty as a friend send my a message telling me to back the fav, but I just couldn't have it at the price.

Last edited:
Up And Go looked decent to me.

Ling 1.40 Holly Shiftwell was 3/1 when unseating in the same race todays fav came 2nd, who was 5/1.

The visor is off the fav, but I'm trusting last weeks market and going with HS.

Small bet

Up And Go looked decent to me.

Ling 1.40 Holly Shiftwell was 3/1 when unseating in the same race todays fav came 2nd, who was 5/1.

The visor is off the fav, but I'm trusting last weeks market and going with HS.

Small bet

couldn't oppose this really...stableform is something to marvel at at the moment

veauca de sivola next

Last edited:
I thought she couldn't unseat twice, then the jockey lost his irons :rolleyes:

I suppose we should be looking Welease Bwian in the next but I couldn't be on it.

I wasn't going to bother in the race but 16.0 for Billy Red is just too tempting. Dropping slowly down the weights and no collateral form for these Blue Square races, possibly meaning he will be ignored in the market.

Small saver on Tidal's Baby.

i'll get that black cat for what he's done to me

Iv'e done Black Cadillac in the 2.50 and black Phantom in the 4.50, don't tell me I've missed one.

1 Black Caviar 1/10F
2 Moment Of Change 20/1
3 Golden Archer 40/1
8 ran Distances: 2½l, 3¼l, 1½l

1st Black Tycoon 16 21.32
2nd Quickie 5 5.63
3rd Young Lionel 3.75 5

Iv'e done Black Cadillac in the 2.50 and black Phantom in the 4.50, don't tell me I've missed one.

1 Black Caviar 1/10F
2 Moment Of Change 20/1
3 Golden Archer 40/1
8 ran Distances: 2½l, 3¼l, 1½l

1st Black Tycoon 16 21.32
2nd Quickie 5 5.63
3rd Young Lionel 3.75 5

no..its that one that one that brought me all this good luck i'm getting:lol:

no..its that one that one that brought me all this good luck i'm getting

Looks like I've got it all.

Someone put up 2k @ 25.0 before the off which was worrying.

I wasn't going to bother in the race but 16.0 for Billy Red is just too tempting. Dropping slowly down the weights and no collateral form for these Blue Square races, possibly meaning he will be ignored in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back