What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like to see Choc struggling as he's a nice bloke, but Alan King isn't my favourite person. I used to ride out for the Duke in my school hols - King was assistant and he's quite nasty/vindictive.

I don't like to see Choc struggling as he's a nice bloke, but Alan King isn't my favourite person. I used to ride out for the Duke in my school hols - King was assistant and he's quite nasty/vindictive.

Interesting perspective.

Just my luck. I got out for the day after a really crap week's punting, and this thread starts raining winners. Good call's lads.

Ling 4.35

Final bet of the day for me is Scottish Boogie @ 32.0, with a saver on Discovery Bay if it goes past 6.0.

Discovery Bay is a real teaser having won an apprentice seller yesterday, a race that in hindsight was effectively a "gimme". The problem with that race was it was a decent time on the day, so he may well be up to winning off 78.

Scottish Boogie needs to find 7 lengths with only a 9lb turnaround, with fav Harry Buckle, but I really don't think there should be a 30 point differential.

That was SB's first attempt over C&D for the trainer/jockey combo, after a winter hurdling, so it is possible it was a sighter. Slowly away as usual, Harry Buckle got the run of the race that day.

I'm hoping HB gets some early pace pressure from Graniloquent and this becomes more of a test.

SB may simply be out of form, but his recent flat form isn't too bad overall.

Sir Boss could be in the shake up, but he would interest me more at Wolverhampton.

Interesting perspective.

Quite apart from how he treated the people that worked under him, I also think he overtrains horses and tends to break them, either physically or mentally. Quite a few of his appear to 'sour' after a couple of seasons.

Final bet of the day for me is Scottish Boogie @ 32.0, with a saver on Discovery Bay if it goes past 6.0.

Winner got an easy lead. Noticeable Spencer realised the pace was slack. I would have to watch the replay to see when Seb made his move.

2m 34.53s (slow by 5.93s)

The slowest time Harry Buckle has run and gets his 4th win in 5 races. Hopefully be a short price next time to take him on, although he could be short of options if he's raised again.

If I was the h/capper, I'd drop him.

There's a guy on the betfair forum Koikeeper who more than knows his onions regarding the hunter chase scene. I lot like Martin on here with the ptp. He flagged up Cottage Oak as likely to be too good for them in the last at Haydock ( I remember backing it for a nice win last time out on his say so ), and it has duly obliged. Well worth keeping an eye out for him when you see a hunter chase coming up.

Sure Grassy, but his analysis of the contenders in the field and how the race might pan out was spot on again. Anyway, just giving a head's up to anyone who likes a bet in the HC's.

Cottage Oak has been at or near the head of the Foxhunter betting for a while, Dave

I placed a bet of £30 at an average of 37.5 yesterday for a mate. I think it was the biggest price since the market opened.

Whether they head the betting or not is insignificant, it's whether he consistently tips up winners, whether they are 1/2 or 16/1.

I'm clueless in this field so I need all the help possible.

Cheers Dave.

Sure Grassy, but his analysis of the contenders in the field and how the race might pan out was spot on again. Anyway, just giving a head's up to anyone who likes a bet in the HC's.

Just bet the fav in those HCs.

Garry O Brien interviewed David Crosse at Gowran yesterday during which he said that he was riding a nice horse in the Bumper at Market Rasen today expecting a good run.
I see money for the said horse in places, although Powers staying at 20s a bit of which Ive taken.

Garry O Brien interviewed David Crosse at Gowran yesterday during which he said that he was riding a nice horse in the Bumper at Market Rasen today expecting a good run.
I see money for the said horse in places, although Powers staying at 20s a bit of which Ive taken.

I've had an each way on No No Mac in that race - supposedly come on a ton for his first appearance behind the decent Pure Science. I may have a small place saver on yours as well.

I was wondering why Evan Williams still has Megabill (4.50 Ffos Las) in training, after some woeful efforts last spring......then I noticed in The Racing Post that it's the owner's birthday. Perhaps today's race was the plan all along! Happy 55th, Janet.

(I realise the above is probably b*llocks, but it's the sort of thing SlimChance will pick up and run with!)

Very little from me with no flat racing but I've had a small bet on Squire Trelawney in the 2.00. Put in a fair bumper run and can always excuse a first run over hurdles.

I can see excuses for a few of these market leaders.

Very little from me with no flat racing but I've had a small bet on Squire Trelawney in the 2.00. Put in a fair bumper run and can always excuse a first run over hurdles.

I can see excuses for a few of these market leaders.

Outclassed.

I may have backed a loser, but at least I didn't touch Darley Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back