What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a small bet on Gigs pick in the first at Wolver but I have a a bigger bet on Turjaman.

Has to be forgiven last run on f/s but goes well on polyrtrack. New trainer but the jockey looks decent against some poor ones.

Simply a case of 14.0 being too big IMO

Thanks.

I thought 24.0 pre race was a total insult, so was baffled by the in running high of 50.0. I do think it was a case of jockey rather than horse getting the win.

Decent day turned into a great day whilst playing golf, as my bet @ 6.8 on Mubtadi never got near getting matched in the morning, did match and win.

Well done with those 2 winners Doomster, that Turjoman saw some strange betting, was backed from 14/1-5/1 last night with 365 so suprised it drifted right out again this morning, nice winner couldn't back it myself though.

Well done with those 2 winners Doomster, that Turjoman saw some strange betting, was backed from 14/1-5/1 last night with 365 so suprised it drifted right out again this morning, nice winner couldn't back it myself though.

They just become false gambles with only one or two books pricing up overnight and then plenty being traded back at shorter odds.

I tried to get on at 14/1 but got only £25. I didn't take the shorter odds, as they do tend to drift back late on.

If I miss a couple, it won't be the end of the world, as I'm sure it's balanced by the big drifters that win. Billy Red @ 25.0 on the exchange a perfect example.

Quite like a couple in the same race at decent prices today. In the lucky last at southwest, both st Ignatius and McConnell are back on winning marks, would prefer the former to be over further but Kirby on board. McConnell is course and distance winner and should now be on a decent mark. Both should have place claims qnd if our ivory has q bad run could challenge for the win.

Also like light burst that gig has put up on another thread but 4-1 is probably short enough.

A Southside boy is an interesting one for Goldie with Brooke on for handicap debut and will a small each way stake. Will be having a 1pt win on willpower in the 2m flat at wetherby for mark Johnston. Good breeding and choc Thornton up suggests looking good at home.

Late pick but Kazbow in the 2.20 @ 3.5 now seems decent with fav unproven over this trip.

I'm glad it was late off.

Kazbow wins, but I thought he was given a poor ride to be honest.

Having thought Stand Guard was a possible non stayer, there was probably more value laying in running. :mad:

1.01 £2,607 £771
1.02 £11,773
1.03 £8,720
1.04 £1,098
1.05 £6,234
1.06 £2,331
1.07 £33 £1,878
1.08 £1,159
1.09 £418
1.10 £2,805
1.11 £2,183
1.12 £31 £1,896
1.13 £44 £1,208
1.14 £1,961
1.15 £162
1.16 £5,951
1.17 £1,00

Place lay of Light Burst @ 1.61 in the 3.25.

Bugger won. I like taking on apprentices at this track but with a 38% strike rate at the track, I was really punting on the price.

Last edited:
If I wasn't badly out of form and hadn't seen the unluckiest man in the world an hour ago I would be looking at laying the field at short odds in running in the 325 at Doncaster-all the main players have serious question marks in my opinion.

Kempton 5.30 Rambo Will

I was expecting this to be a drifter, so peeved my request for 10.0 got matched to the sum of £2. I still think it will trade around 8 to 9, but I've taken the price in case there happens to be a sneaky jockey change.

Probably got no relevance whatsoever, but I cannot for the life of me understand the booking of Amy Ryan for this ride. Never ridden for the southern trainer, based up north, only ride here, horse does not not need a low weight jockey, etc, etc. It possibly may be an owner thing but I'm totally baffled. I'm not sure of her record riding without a claim, but the booking is actually annoying me.

Jockey apart, I think it's the right time to be backing this. Possible this may be getting primed for a pop at Southwell's 5f when it opens but the bulk of the owners runners tend to be at Kempton.

He actually looks a 5.5f horse, but has shown even more early pace recently over 6f, so he's run better than the bare result and it certainly worth a go of letting him run loose over 5f today.

The fav Danziger will no doubt be backed off the boards, having won lto and effectively 21lb lower than when running on the a/w for Dermot Weld.

He won his maiden with ease, but the 2nd fav unshipped in the stalls and he really had little to beat. Having said that, he still looks on a decent mark, but there is no guarantee he will get such an easy lead. He's roughly the same price to win this as his maiden but this is tougher, even though it's a moderate C5.

I will have to back it pre race, as he may well lead from the break, but I'm hopeful of a drift in the betting during the day, so I can also trade it in running.

Also out in a small e/w double with Crew Cut with his inside draw and drop to 6f.

If I wasn't badly out of form and hadn't seen the unluckiest man in the world an hour ago I would be looking at laying the field at short odds in running in the 325 at Doncaster-all the main players have serious question marks in my opinion.

Cheltenian matched at 1.01.

Kempton 5.30 Rambo Will

I was expecting this to be a drifter, so peeved my request for 10.0 got matched to the sum of £2. I still think it will trade around 8 to 9, but I've taken the price in case there happens to be a sneaky jockey change.

No jockey change but down to 3/1.

23 h/cap runs and generally gets away on terms. Not today though and then manages to go 15 wide on the turn in a 7 runner race.

Last edited:
Kempton 7.00 Slatey Hen. win
Jonnie Skull. Saver

Betting based around Mr. Optimistic, who won last time and was winning off marks of the 80's 18 months ago and comes here off 54, so will be strongly fancied. However, he looks to type to need every yard of this trip now and will be staying on at the end and the fact that the two horses behind last time were Grayson horses, makes him one to take on.

I will get the negatives out of the way first.
Very poor trainer/owner, who in all probability a laying stable, or conveniently get on when they do bang one in.
Carson on board would have been preferred to Charles Bishop, but as mentioned above, I don’t think he’s been on many triers.
Finally his last winning mark was off 50, so she’s only 2lb lower today.
On the plus side this is effectively a C7 event in my opinion. If that assumption is correct, SH does stand a decent chance with form figures of 3,2,3,3. Throw in the fact that goes ok at the track, the only major concern is her best trip and whether she truly stays 6f.
She had a run in the Blue Square series which was a stronger event than this, so a re-production of that run here would give her a strong chance.
Jonnie Skull also ran in that race, finishing in front of SH who is slightly better off at the weights. I would give the edge to SH, but JS ran today and his record off a 1 day interval is excellent, with two wins from six attempts, for a £18.00 profit. If he takes his chance I would have to cover him with a saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back