What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ling 4.35
Final bet of the day for me is Scottish Boogie @ 32.0, with a saver on Discovery Bay if it goes past 6.0.

backed this last Saturday and seb was caught napping and the slow pace probably went against it.

The pace is likely to be a problem again but I've gone in again @ 10.0 with a saver on Norfolk Sky @ 5.5.

I like the look of Hectors House 4:30 Chepstow - Has been racing over 3m probably when his best form has been over 2m - 2 1/2m - three good runs at the track and looks to be nicely h'capped - good claimer riding taking off another 3lb - only negative is he hasn't had many chase outings. 20pts win and a place saver to cover stake.Wouldn't be surprised if gambled as has the profile.

Well done SC with Hector's.

1 Scottish Boogie 7/1
2 Stentorian 2/1F
3 Norfolk Sky 9/2

Surprised he didn't get pulled by the stewards last week, but at least he was a decent price.

working on the idea that Seebright..1.78... is very similar formwise to Uncle Jimmy and that letemgo looks unfancied in the betting..

Uncle Jimmy has to be the bet here at 4.1

My local stable`s M J Woodward is out again in the 2-30 @ Wolves. This is very competitive and his toughest task so far. The stable are hopeful rather than confiddent and as ever in these sprints much will depend on getting the run of the race. In his favour is that he invariably starts well and is very tough and difficult to pass. Joe Fanning is the ideal jockey for him. FWIW,though, the trainer regards Holy Angel as the biggest threat. The stable also run Lucky Dan in the same race and he`s well capable of going very close.

I found some time to do some studying last night and was concentrating on trainers who like to target this particular meeting or have good stats at the course. So I'll be backing these today to see how it goes.

2:10 Asker - Leviathan - Little Dutch Girl 1pt comb f/c

2:40 Southway Star 1pt e/way - Free Falling 1pt e/way

3:10 Right Stuff 1pt e/way

3:40 Digger Gets Lucky 1pt e/way

4:10 Champion Versions 2pts e/way

4:40 Midnight Lira 2pts e/way

5:10 Sonoftheking 5pts win

I'm on Celtic Charlie today, took 6s last night each way and q bit more at 4s. Fav should win but you never know.

Spinning ridge looks reasonable value in the last at wolves, trainer and app in ok form and be disappointed if unplaced at least.

Also like nemo spirit, third run back.from break, tongue tie back on so may show some improvement as finished race quite strongly yet handicapper dropped a few pounds.

1 pt each way trixie and 2pt each.way singles.

Also.got to throw.a few.quid on my namesake lucky Dan!!

Last edited:
My local stable`s M J Woodward is out again in the 2-30 @ Wolves. This is very competitive and his toughest task so far. The stable are hopeful rather than confiddent and as ever in these sprints much will depend on getting the run of the race. In his favour is that he invariably starts well and is very tough and difficult to pass. Joe Fanning is the ideal jockey for him. FWIW,though, the trainer regards Holy Angel as the biggest threat. The stable also run Lucky Dan in the same race and he`s well capable of going very close.

Nice 10/1 winner and 1st and 2nd :D

Just thought I'd put this up now as I'm taking early prices, fairy wing tomorrow at lingfield. Trainer has been running it over 6 furlongs when all form in Ireland was over 7 and 8 f. Trainer had large price second and third on sat so may be hitting a bit of form. Personally I'm having 5 pts each way but it's only that big because lucky Dan came in today by a stroke of complete good fortune.

Ling 4:10 On With The Dance - I like the trainer and Racing Post spotlight have tipped it, they know more than me...

Last edited:
Just thought I'd put this up now as I'm taking early prices, fairy wing tomorrow at lingfield. Trainer has been running it over 6 furlongs when all form in Ireland was over 7 and 8 f. Trainer had large price second and third on sat so may be hitting a bit of form. Personally I'm having 5 pts each way but it's only that big because lucky Dan came in today by a stroke of complete good fortune.

A profit at least, thought it was going to bring home the bacon for a minute!

Leicester 4:00

Howards Legacy / Top Smart 2pt r/f/c 6pt s/f/c

hoping their form behind Opening Batsman works out although I am hoping Top Smarts last race PU has excuses.

A profit at least, thought it was going to bring home the bacon for a minute!

So did I, well done.

Leicester 4:00

Howards Legacy / Top Smart 2pt r/f/c 6pt s/f/c

hoping their form behind Opening Batsman works out although I am hoping Top Smarts last race PU has excuses.

Unlucky there, I couldn't believe when Howard's Legacy went out to 11/4!

Catterick 4:20 Overafrica 5pts e/way 17.5 and 5.3 - keep backing this horse and convinced he's better than he's shown - will i ever learn?

Catterick 4:20 Overafrica 5pts e/way 17.5 and 5.3 - keep backing this horse and convinced he's better than he's shown - will i ever learn?

Definitely a dog but no doubt I'll keep backing him as he's under my skin :D

Get out of trouble bet now

Catt 4:50 Surprise Vendor 10pts win - final bet
Trainer has had 6 of his last 10 runners place so due a change of luck until my money went on him :lol: looks on a winable mark so fingers crossed - hope to get 9.0 unless gambled.

Answer is obviously no swede, you don't learn!!!

Fancy Keighley's horse with Popham up top at Catterick. Shortish price though

Took 7/2 after Keighley's first horse did nothing - thought it was a long way to send them for nothing given the form he's in - that is four winners from last ten runners now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back