What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see it unfortunately as at work...only got access to at the races on my phone!

When you get a chance have a look at it - as mine fell when in front at the second last -then the No Way Hozay broke down looking the winner :( and it didn't look good for the horse and yours was gifted the race.

Three for tomorrow: A win patent possibly..

Wincanton 4:00 - North London has a great chance on the book. 5 lengths behind horse called Home Run on penultimate start, its good form and it can't be a coincedence they are bringing back to the same track for a crack again over 2 miles. 77 looks a great mark to open his account.

Bangor 4:20 - Coverholder can't get beat here really can it? Best handicapped horse I've seen for a while, just hope the price isn't too short.

Fairyhouse 4:55 - Pals Leg has run better than the odds have suggested the last twice, finished a decent fourth to a horse of Phillip Fentons in a bumper where the first four pulled clear of the rest, and gets my vote as a decent left field choice against the favourite.

GL

Last edited:
Really like Asia minor as favourite in the eight thirty at Kemp, but, I quite like as an each way prospect mazij. Was winning at southwell and wolves over 12 last winter off marks of 70 and 72, now off only 60. small each way and a reverse forecast with the favourite.

I'm Fraam Govan 5.20 Bangor (9/4 and drifting)

This fella is entered in the champion bumper at the Festival. I can see him having too much toe for this lot today if the ground is on the good side of good to soft. He has been heavily punted on his two racecourse appearances to date and I'm writing off his latest apperance on the AW. Has McCain's to beat but hopefully he'll do just that!

One helluva drift on that one mate - it'll be an each way price soon!

I know...doesn't really bother me, they do win too the odd time! If you believe the market then Sealous Scout is home and hosed. His last time out second does look decent (Centasia also has a Champ Bumper entry) but he had a pretty hard race. If Fraam Govan can lay up behind him I can see him doing him for toe, a price I'm willing to pay!

Im hoping for a venetia/Coleman quick fire double, rocky bender on first handicap run and emperors choice should be able to cope with latest rise

I'm Fraam Govan 5.20 Bangor (9/4 and drifting)

This fella is entered in the champion bumper at the Festival. I can see him having too much toe for this lot today if the ground is on the good side of good to soft. He has been heavily punted on his two racecourse appearances to date and I'm writing off his latest apperance on the AW. Has McCain's to beat but hopefully he'll do just that!

N/R..possibly the going?

9.00 Seraphima

This one looks thrown here on the 2nd run when surrounded by 70/80+ horses..races off 62 here and the step up in trip should see further improvement..5.9 could look very large if this one shows 70+ to be her rating

Short price but Our Ivor looks a decent bet at Southwell today (5.20). Around evens at the moment - should be 4-7.

Each way Patent for me today:

World Freight Girl - 8.00 Kemp - was staying on third last time finishing really strongly - winner gone in again so perhaps now the penny has dropped - 16-1 is way too big.

Greenhead High - I've been flipping backing this one as convinced it has come too far down the weights. Been dropped a further 1lb after three length defeat to MJ woodward which has been running well. Interested that Andrew Mullen back on board today whose record on this horse reads (all at Southwell) - 1st off 60, 2nd twice off 65 and 58. Off 59 today and definite place claims for me - albeit draw isn't great.

Moonlight Maggie - last at Taunton - I'm going more with gut instinct here but Aiden Coleman is on board here for Tom George - both in decent form, Paddy Brennan rides for TG at Ludlow bot interested he's sent this horse here and has put a decent jockey on for handicap debut - be interesting if money comes in for it as notice the owners may be family of trainer (told you this one was all gut instinct!!!).

Each way Patent for me today:

World Freight Girl - 8.00 Kemp - was staying on third last time finishing really strongly - winner gone in again so perhaps now the penny has dropped - 16-1 is way too big.

Greenhead High - I've been flipping backing this one as convinced it has come too far down the weights. Been dropped a further 1lb after three length defeat to MJ woodward which has been running well. Interested that Andrew Mullen back on board today whose record on this horse reads (all at Southwell) - 1st off 60, 2nd twice off 65 and 58. Off 59 today and definite place claims for me - albeit draw isn't great.

Moonlight Maggie - last at Taunton - I'm going more with gut instinct here but Aiden Coleman is on board here for Tom George - both in decent form, Paddy Brennan rides for TG at Ludlow bot interested he's sent this horse here and has put a decent jockey on for handicap debut - be interesting if money comes in for it as notice the owners may be family of trainer (told you this one was all gut instinct!!!).

Goes to show don't trust your gut!! Still, I was right about Mullen being back on board Greenhead High and has made sure of a decent profit with one more to come...

Two for me today
1:50 Leo Luna - I have this top rated of those that have run

2:55 Sew On Target - Has bumped into some good ones lat two races and this step down in class should see him go very close as I have him ahead of the h'capper.

20pts win each

Good luck Swede.

I'm on a few today, most at short prices though so doing a few perms:

Chokidar - ran well on come back run for Scott Dixon and should be primed and ready this time.

Reginaldinho - Venetia's yard still on fire and although 9lb higher than for latest win, excuses last time and Liam Treadwell is 2-2 on board.

Sharivarry - Like this one as back down in trip, I'm having a nice size single on it as well.

Bladoun - Pipe/Scu team up and although has been on the drift this morning I think stands a good chance, tounge tie on for handicap debut and down in trip.

I'm also having an each way single on copperwood. 2lb lower than for last polytrack win albeit never won over quite this far. Quite like Franny Norton when he rides for Johnston and feel like his yard may just be about to start warming up for the season.

Two for me today
1:50 Leo Luna - I have this top rated of those that have run

2:55 Sew On Target - Has bumped into some good ones lat two races and this step down in class should see him go very close as I have him ahead of the h'capper.

20pts win each

Great shout. Typically I looked at both and just backed one. Not that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back