What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7:50 Foot Soldier minimum e/way fun bet as this was my nickname on another board when I had a bad foot injury - have to don't you?

8:10 Sribe 10pts win @ 4

Place Lay fav @1.34 to cover stake

Fancy fav to flop on first run on surface :blink:

Chiks Dream might run better than odds suggest is the last. I started my anaylisis from the premise that it is a very low grade race and pretty much anything could get involved. This one consistently been getting beaten by higher rated horses in class 6 races, so it makes sense to go to class 7 level. Chiks Dream also dropped 6 pound to boot, and could run a place.

Tryed to back it e/w at 100/1 with Stan James until their website crashed on me!

I got 20's on the place on Betfair, Swedish, and had a bit at 130's for the win. I put in a lay in running to cover my stake but then cancelled it. I think it traded at 20's in running for the win, not sure how low on the place (which is where I should have put a lay in, but didn't think to)

For the sake of a head eh?!! Reckon its a horse to watch now aswell as the fancied horses performed well today, if they hadn't I definately be laughing! :(

It looks like a very well handicapped horse now.

Last edited:
3:15 Tango De Juilley and 3:50 Garynella win double to boost the funds.

Im off to kelso today looking forward to it supposed to be the friendliest track in britain!my brothers mate tristan davidson trains grey area in the second last there he won at newcastle last month and been working well at home since,worth a bet if the money comes for it on course i reckon.

Good luck, fonz, I'd be interested to hear what you think of Kelso when you get back.

Last edited:
Keeping my powder dry,just a lucky 15 today something to watch more than anything
Sporting boy 6/1 3.15
Big fella thanks 10's 3.50
Court by surprise 7's 2.55
Prince of dreams 5/2 2.20

Good luck all

Following Phillip Hobbs e/way today

2Mar13

2:05

Ballytober NEWBURY (Overnight), Betfair Supporting Greatwood Handicap Hurdle

Bet now

2Mar13

3:15

Princely Player NEWBURY (Overnight), Ladbrokes Supporting Greatwood Handicap Hurdle

Bet now

2Mar13

3:30

Cockney Trucker DONCASTER (Overnight), William Hill - Download The App Handicap Hurdle

Bet now

2Mar13

3:50

Tony Star NEWBURY (Overnight), StanJames Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup (Handicap Chase) Grade 3

Bet now

2Mar13

4:40

Dreams And Songs DONCASTER (Overnight), William Hill iPad App Now Available Standard National Hunt Flat Race (Conditionals' And Amateurs')

Ling 2.50 Mary's Pet. Win @ 12.5

I'm clueless to what price this will go off at. Got an apprentice on without a win, so there may be some value. I've had a brief look at the jockey's record; 0/18 and 0/9 in apprentice races does not really inspire confidence, but a lot of the rides have been on rags and his only ride on this horse was actually very good. It's interesting that I can't get anything in the win market on the exchange, but a bot with bollocks was happy to take me on in the place market. All the cash in that market is mine, but I decided to withdraw gracefully when £400 went up @ 3.8. It certainly had me thinking had I got the price wrong and the "**** or bust" type of ride she needs, could explain the place price, but she actually has a 44% SR from 9 runs in similar races.

The success of the bet hinges on how well she breaks, if she fails to get the lead it's curtains really with regards to winning. All wins come with comments "made all".

I think Kirby possibly over did the forcing tactics lto, but that run alone gives her the beating of the market leaders Red Ramasses and Artful Lady.

Having backed Fairy Wing earlier in the week back over a mile, on the basis he was running over 6f to get dropped, I am miffed he's back to 6f. He did run in snatches lto and may well be staying on but I couldn't have him on the trip basis.

Athaakeel initially looks a threat with the jockey 1/1, but he actually looks exposed off this mark of 55. The 7lb claim will no doubt help, but he's actually 6lb worse off with Mary's Pet bet for an inferior run in the first division ion the 1st Feb.

Spoof Master is worry in that he could be a spoiler for the lead.

The sensible option would be an in running trade, as if the jockey can get her away, there is a chance he will go too hard. However, her record when leading is decent, so I'm not bottling the win bet even if I did in the place market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back