What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no good today Chef..just laying this odds onner lady guineverre at Lingfield.. then drawing stumps for the day

Last attempt backing the four 6yo's in the 3:50 1pt combo f/c's and 0.5pt combo tricasts No's 3-5-7-13 :blink:

I do find the Pipe stable ever so hard to understand these days.

Problema tic ran a shocker when I thought it was primed to go well a fortnight ago. And Garynella today. Both french imports, which is supposed to be the stables forte. I'd steer clear of any of his short priced runners next week, and stick to picking unfancied 25/1's trained by him in the handicaps as one or two of them might go in. He doesn't look like the trainer his father was, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Whaileyy didnt get run of the race, irish went home with money
ran good time, kickingthelilly got kicked in the teeth by the better
horses, still likeable horse, just needs easier opposition.

Well done kauto

Kickingthelilly 3.10 lingfield very good horse, obvious danger is lowther.
Could be the forecast. Whaileyy has a strong chance today, few unknowns
in the race. Goodluck
Kickingthelilly 3.10
Whaileyy 2.35

got a good win today, thought it was good horse

Good luck, fonz, I'd be interested to hear what you think of Kelso when you get back.

I was impressed,thoroughly enjoyed the day and the whole place had a friendley vibe i liked the way the horses trotted through the crowd to the parade ring.had a tip for the winner in the second last but couldnt realy take advantage as id done my bollocks on harry topper in the race before.:(

Friend tells me that the Swinbank stable fancy both their runners at Sedgefield this afternoon.

Time for my first mug bet of the day :D

3:50 8x2 - 7x2 - 5x2 1pt r/f/c's

8x7x2
7x8x2
8x5x2
5x8x2
7x5x2
5x7x2
1/2pt straight tricasts

Everyone on here should have a few quid on Coup Royale tomorrow in the 4:00 at Ffos Las. but only if the money arrives for it in the betting market. Looks well in on hurdles form, could be a steering job.

If he's backed don't be on anything else.

I think this may be my last tip aswell, I've decided to pack the game in and get a life haha. :)

Cue accusations of being an attention seeking ****...:)

Last edited:
Good luck marble! On all three-coup totals, packing it in and getting a life!

I'm having a dabble on piece of magic today, Mick easterby been in good form this winter and this one has been kept midfield in last two runs and not looked hard pushed, little bit of money about this morning and I'm going to have a small each way punt

Kem 4.25 Line Of Reason. lay @ 1.58

I really wanted to be on Hard Walnut with a view to trading it down in running but I'm not certain who is going to get the lead here.

Line Of reason possibly won it's maiden on account of a decent draw and was unable to win a recent 4 runner h/cap off todays mark, when 11/10 fav.

This looks tougher and even though well backed, I'm happy to lay the odds.

Well, not fancied much these last few days and not had a sniff of a winner, few I fancy at half decent prices today:

Sea Saffron - bit of a speculative one but at ok each way odds might be worth a punt. Three runs back from a break when was running well have yielded nothing, being pulled up twice. First of these was over hurdles so can be discounted and second two was pulled up after blunder. Claimer back on board today and they have had some success, record at exeter last 5 runs 3,1,1,2,1. Up the weights after the run but back down to last winning mark Susan Gardners record at the track reads well also.

Bonnie Prince Blue - again each way odds, not been in great form but was running over 8f last time and all form mainly at 6f but last win was over todays trip (7f). Now 2lb below last winning mark and race this time is weaker.

I put up Greenhead high last week when it won at tens and I'll be having a little interest in it again today with same jockey, c&d. Won with a little in hand so hoping the rise will be coped with.

I also like Jasper Massini - trainer and jockey in reasonable form and again worth a bit of each way value.

Good luck all

Last edited:
Well, not fancied much these last few days and not had a sniff of a winner, few I fancy at half decent prices today:

Sea Saffron - bit of a speculative one but at ok each way odds might be worth a punt. Three runs back from a break when was running well have yielded nothing, being pulled up twice. First of these was over hurdles so can be discounted and second two was pulled up after blunder. Claimer back on board today and they have had some success, record at exeter last 5 runs 3,1,1,2,1. Up the weights after the run but back down to last winning mark Susan Gardners record at the track reads well also.

Bonnie Prince Blue - again each way odds, not been in great form but was running over 8f last time and all form mainly at 6f but last win was over todays trip (7f). Now 2lb below last winning mark and race this time is weaker.

I put up Greenhead high last week when it won at tens and I'll be having a little interest in it again today with same jockey, c&d. Won with a little in hand so hoping the rise will be coped with.

I also like Jasper Massini - trainer and jockey in reasonable form and again worth a bit of each way value.

Good luck all

Not a bad days work, 2nd at 10s, 3rd at 12s and a decent win at 11/2 (on late last night). Shame the other was a bit of a nag but happy with that.

Looking for a bit of each way value today:

Simayell - this horse will win again at some point it has won off 79 at Lingfield, 10f, in Nov 11 but not won since. No shame being hammered 15 lengths last time out by a horse that has won well again since off 74 (13lb higher than previous win). Longer trip so not sure if will suit but I'm throwing it in my each way perms on the chance that today is the day.

Miakora - another speculative punt this but Andrea Atzeni is back on board and rock bottom mark. Given a break after Adam Kirby's ride, I hope will freshen it up. I understand from a recent report from teh stable that she shows really well at home and they are surprised she hasn't had her head in front before. Andrea Atzeni took the stable's Gay Gallivanter to it's only win (was a 29 race maiden) a few months ago and I wonder if he is being asked to do the same today.

WIth a better draw I'd have thought Colour Bearer would win tonight given dropped a lb and Greenhead High gone in again after 1/2 length beating lto. I'm tempted by Bull Bay though at a decent price, back from a break, only beaten 1/2 lth by Catalina's diamond that has won well recently off 66. Trainer not had many runners recently though so stable is a bit of an unknown formwise.

Own Tricks fro the Tizzards also takes my fancy though looks a tough race to pick one out. Going solely on trainers record at the track and the fact it is his only runner today.

Reg Hollinshead hasn't had a runner at Catterick in the last five years and sends two today - his second runner Neauilhas has Dougie Costello on board and although no recent form, drop in trip and better ground should hopefully mean a slight revival...

Wolverhampton

2:20 Kickingthelilly
2:55 Loyalty

Sandown
3:15 Kazlian

e/w patent and treble. Quite fancy these but we'll see. The first two have form with each other. I think Loyalty is a good bet to win the Lincoln trial, and as Kicking The Lilly has form with Loyalty I think it might reach a place in the listed race.

Kazlian is just a handicap good thing. Understood! :)

Last edited:
Marble it's not worth getting a life fella,there's **** all else to do!!:lol:;)

Put her in a double with Bold Addition in the hunter chase. Will almost certainly lose now, my form has been utterly shocking for a fortnight now. Had better turn around before Tuesday!!

Put her in a double with Bold Addition in the hunter chase. Will almost certainly lose now, my form has been utterly shocking for a fortnight now. Had better turn around before Tuesday!!

i hope it wins for you Benny..i'm putting feet up now and will be watching the footy soon

The 410 at Naas has two easily opposable horses at the top of the Market-Cadspeed who has Gone odds on 5 times in running in his 8 races over fences while failing to win and Johanisberger who looks like a horse with a physical problem to me.
Would maybe try and lay them both at odds on in running.

4:20 Mkt Rsn - outsider Xenophon - small e/way - if he can transfer his hurdles form over the fences he would have a chance - price looks too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back