What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that he now has jumping issues I certainly would not be backing him off 149.

I am backing Croisultan in the last at the Curragh, will love the ground. Il have a small saver on Arctic.

If I could have a bet with Ladbrokes I'd be taking the 7/1 Rose Bonheur (Curragh 5.20). She scoped dirty after the run at Tipperary where she travelled well but finished 6th. She's back over 6f today and will go well. It looks to me like she has one to beat in Bewitched.

Finished last. Must be something amiss with her.

I am backing Croisultan in the last at the Curragh, will love the ground. Il have a small saver on Arctic.

Croisultan may well have given the winner a lot to do if the horse had a run. There is a win in this horse with cut in the ground, possibly in Ayr next week, the Gold cup....ya heard it here first!

Sadeek's Song is another well-bred Godolphin colt running today. Out of New Morning, who won the brigadier gerard beating North Light, he is second choice on jockey bookings, but Frankie always picks the one with racecourse experience. Whilst the Stoute horse could be decent, there is little else in the race besides the Godolphin duo. I've backed Sadeek's Song at 15.5 on BF, and e/w. I'll have a little on Press Officer at 5 on BF or bigger if the price materialises.

Good spot, always good to see another of Hellenic's family on the track.

Edit: I was just about to ask if that was the first of her family that Godolphin have had, only to check the RP and see that they've only gone and bought Modun!

I don't understand the prices of the 2 Al Zarooni horses in the first at Leicester compared with the 2 Stoute horses. Oscan, in particular, looks very interesting, being a half brother to Mastery and a favourite of mine, Kirklees. 8/1 was huge, 6s still worth a little on breeding alone, and the trainer is flying this season.

Runs in the next at Newbury. 11/2. I would have had him favourite ahead of the Noseda yoke so clearly think he's worth a decent bet. Noseda horse can of course win but you'll go broke backing horses like this at this price.

7.20 Wolves

Wouldn't normally get involved in this type of race, but i'm on tilt so..

I think the fav is a big lay here at 7/4 and will play supa seeker at 5's who will hopefully come late and get me out my hole..

7.20 Wolves

Wouldn't normally get involved in this type of race, but i'm on tilt so..

I think the fav is a big lay here at 7/4 and will play supa seeker at 5's who will hopefully come late and get me out my hole..

drifted like a dog and a raft... and won.

Sum's my day up :(

Going for Passion of Gold in the Arc Trial can safely ignore the Ascot run and hoping Newbury will suit him. Also backing Swiss Spirit in the Mill Reef I know they think the world of this horse and when I saw him in the parade ring before his debut he looked all class. The form of that race has worked out well so 8/1 looks too big with him being a potential big improver.
Will do them both in an ew double as well me thinks.

El Viento in the Silver Cup at 50s. Simply too big a price for a horse who won nicely enough (in a small runner event admittedly) the last time he ran over the trip.

Going to the well again with two old favourites Fathsta2.15 and Our Jonathan 3.20, both ew and an ED double. Have backed both most times they've run and am probably just in pocket. Would kick myself if I failed to back them today and they won. Both have strong place prospects and win potential.

Jack My Boy is a CD winner down to a career low mark in the 5:15 @ Newmarket. Very lively betting heat looking at oddschecker and this is one of the one's that is being backed. Worth a speculative bet.

Last edited:
Some interesting money on the outsider Good Authority in the next at Wolverhampton in his first start in this country for new trainer. First handicap start as well. Other than that Supercharged has a good favourites chance I reckon.

A very nice win for Tout Seul with Our Jonathan (sp 11/1) and a 12/1 runner-up for Marble.

Picked three at Hamilton, not banking on them but each has a good chance I beleive. Worth a sporting interest.

In the 3:10 You've Been Mowed looks to have the best recent form to me and whilst I'm no fan of backing in claiming stakes 3/1 looks a decent price.

Amitola in the 3:40, back on soft ground with a much more encouraging run last time is the one for me. Should be hard to keep out of the frame I think.

Caledonia Prince (NAP) in the 5:10 looks like he could be one of the best handicapped horses in training to me, only raised two pound to a mark of 54 after last win.

Last edited:
Going to the well again with two old favourites Fathsta2.15 and Our Jonathan 3.20, both ew and an ED double. Have backed both most times they've run and am probably just in pocket. Would kick myself if I failed to back them today and they won. Both have strong place prospects and win potential.

Great call on Our Jonathan TS - you and another notable poster were confident in a freely available 20/1 shot that hosed up! Just spent the morning looking through some old threads - Fastha has cost you a few grey hairs, two ulcers and a number of huge doubles!! Keep the faith!!

Just pleased to get one winner on this grisly Sunday! Roll on the Cambrideshire....Sagramor or Arlequin.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back