What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
15/8 Hartright in the 8.30 at Wolves. Thankyou, thankyou very much.

Has a much more interesting profile than the rest in this, most of whom have been kept on the go all winter and had plenty of chances. Hartwright was a typical Bell handicap debut improver and won with plenty in hand when last seen. Has since been put away with a 3-y-o career in mind. a Good bit of placing to get him in here off 70. Would be surprised if he's not rated 80+ later in the season, whereas can't see the rest of these proving much better than they are.

Genuinely expected him to be around the 11/10 or 5/4 mark, so happy to play at these prices.

David -have you taken a price on Cloud Monkey for the Derby.

Well done David-they were seriously out to get it on betfair just before the off.

Weren't they just, Indian Affair was the speed fig horse, presumably that was behind the late money.

I'm saying nothing about Cloud Monkey for the Derby! :D

Cheers Colin.

Well in David, I followed you this morning (took the 7/4 & 13/8).

Only bet of the day and well worth waiting for!!

Was thinking about putting it on will win thread but thought better of it.

Will be disappointed if Sov Debt doesn't win 2.20 today. 3/1 more than fair.

Ive backed Roddys horse in the bumper at Stratford and also A Shade of Bay of Kim Baileys (its owned by friends of friends, but dont hold that against her - shes pretty useful!) and put a little e/w double there too.

Sorry....

I backed Move In Time (9/1) on Thursday night in anticipation of a bit of a gamble developing. I’m not taking any view of the draw (it wasn’t important the way the Lincoln meeting panned out). Move In Time was an impressive 5 length winner of a valuable sprint handicap at Musselburgh a fortnight ago and has been hiked 10lbs for it but that still leaves him below the mark he was on six runs back. The change of stable (from Brian Smart) may have sparked a sudden return to his old best, in which case he should win, having won at Listed level as a 3yo when on 102. He also won over this trip as a juvenile so I’m not too bothered that this is only his second attempt at it since early in his second season. With question marks next to many of his opponents, I reckon the big danger is Duke Of Firenze, with Stoute 2/3 so far this season.

Thanks, chaps. Only minor downside is that i went to follow up this morning at the 10/1 bit it shortened back into 8s just as I was was making the bet. Still, it gives me a free bet on Solar Deity in a race I'd otherwise leave alone (fancy SD but not my kind of odds) so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Well done to D. Johnson, quality as always.

An e/w bet for myself in the last race at Kempton on Topolski.

The cheekpieces brought this horse back to life last time and Turner is a nice booking. Worthy of a speculation I think. Topolski was a horse I thought was going places over hurdles once, and as that has not worked out, it makes sense that he might start running well on the flat.

Last edited:
I backed Move In Time (9/1) on Thursday night in anticipation of a bit of a gamble developing. I’m not taking any view of the draw (it wasn’t important the way the Lincoln meeting panned out). Move In Time was an impressive 5 length winner of a valuable sprint handicap at Musselburgh a fortnight ago and has been hiked 10lbs for it but that still leaves him below the mark he was on six runs back. The change of stable (from Brian Smart) may have sparked a sudden return to his old best, in which case he should win, having won at Listed level as a 3yo when on 102. He also won over this trip as a juvenile so I’m not too bothered that this is only his second attempt at it since early in his second season. With question marks next to many of his opponents, I reckon the big danger is Duke Of Firenze, with Stoute 2/3 so far this season.

quality call:cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back