What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Description Type Bet ID Bet placed No. Multiples Odds Stake (£) Status

Horse Racing Bringithomeminty, Kayfton Pete, Roll The Dice, Bally Rone

Back 3609**** 14-Apr-13 14:09 SP Matched

Relying on Hendersons horse in the Ffos Las bumber owned by the racecourse chairman for a full house - Henderson 6 winners from 10 runners in bumpers at the track - fingers and toes crossed.

Nadema rose looks good value today, will surely place at least to make a small profit but could get close to winning. Good breeding and I expect will turn into good handicapper this season.

I will be backing st Ignatius again today but only because I keep backing it and I'll be gutted if it comes in at a big price and I had nothing on it. Handicap mark starting to look really tasty but record at Windsor not good so only a small bet on it today

2.20 Windsor

Anticipated - Sire is 1/34 with a low A/E of 0.33 with 2yo's over 5f

Primitorio - Oratorio's do poorly at Windsor [2/49] - and FTO are 3/123

Queen Of Tarts - no obvious negative..had a run too

Blue Anchor Bay - took a walk in the market - sire 1/31 FTO - 2yo mdn 3/72

the rest look out of it

Queen Of Tarts at 8.0 win + place 2.02...looks solid

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the underlying reason behind this or is it possibly just coincidence?

Perhaps they get easily confused on the figure of eight?

a bit like Denman.. probably not liking those bits of all weather at kempton..or maybe that was coincidence..or maybe he just didn't like tracks like that;)

with sires ,,the course stat may indeed be a coincidence..but when aligned to the starting prices then i feel its more relevant..in this case Oratorio hosses have had 19 runners at Windsor that were less than 10/1..just one won..the overall A/E is just 0.39. Basically poor value

Backed Whitby Jet in the next at Windsor. Not really hardcore form study as it wouldn't matter a blind bit if I did any anyway with the form I'm in. Just like the trainer a lot really. Hope I get a good run for the cash.

Last edited:
That Bolger filly looks like it could get beat in a maiden at Wexford but get placed in a group or listed race.

Tony Martin could have signed a non trier like this any day
unusual for bolger but this time.....

I'm fairly sure it was a trier -the owner likes to breed any hint of tactical pace out of her horses.It will be interesting to see where she goes next.

I can't imagine Mullins is sending Unika la Reconce over to Kempton for the good of her health tomorrow. 3-1 looks pretty fair to me.

Don't want to spoil giggs thread with my guesses so i'll pop them up on here, 2 that take my fancy today.

Hellbender-4.25 Southwell. EW

Shaun Harris is an up and coming trainer who has done well from limited resources and has completely turned around the fortunes of Hellbender since taking over from G Foster this year. Hellbenders form had totally regressed under Foster but has posted figures of 12322 for Harris all at Southwell.
Been btn by some improving horses when 2nd to light Burst and 3rd (over inadequate 6fs) to Greenhead High and Colourbearer from 59 and 65 respectively now 75 and 72 with 4 more wins between them. Also 2nd to Acemaster giving it 3lbs who has followed up from 8lbs higher.
Hellbender still looks reasonably weighted having only gone up 1lb. Looks destined to get in the money again today EW recommended.

Xpress Maite-5.00 Southwell. EW

Another proper Southwell horse who's been knocking on the door here recently, missed the break lto and has a few lengths to find with Thereabouts but gets another 2lbs turnaround.
Previously ran a very decent 3rd to Tornado Force and Jack Dawkins but only a couple of lengths off them. Mr Bowring and jockey Mark Coumbe have been in blinding form of late and think will make the frame again and possibly win.

Nobody posted their fancies for a couple of days, must be studying hard!

Anyway think that Marmot Bay has a big chance in the seller, hope she blasts out and tries to make all, must have a chance with her consistant form against Windpower, raced over 1m lto plainly too far for her. Notice they've dispensed with the hood and eye shield as well.

Gravitate W&P @ 50.0 is worth a pop.

front two look beatable and move from Gosden to Webber not a total negative.

Step up in trip should suit.

Happy if it scrapes 3rd.

Last edited:
Well done High Rate.

Didn't see your post but backed it myself when it hit 18.0 which looked massive considering she ran well in the race last year.

I'm not convinced the ground is as soft as they're saying at Ayr but it will still be soft. Only one race of any interest for me, the 2.40.

McMurrough is the sexy one but I'm a bit cool about its chances. The ones at the bottom are either a bit dodgy or out of the handicap. I can't see Gansey winning of his mark either. This narrows it down to Bold Sir Brian, Yes Tom and Mr Moonshine. Bold Sir Brian really looked the part when sauntering away from Pacha Du Polder at Ascot but has done nothing since. If they can get him back to that level he might outclass these. Yes Tom is arguably a shade long at 7/1 but I'm drawn to Mr Moonshine whose form earlier this season behind Cape Tribulation has since been franked by both the winner and third in better races than the runner-up to McMurrough while Mr Moonshine himself has been running like he's been drinking the stuff. It's a bit of a leap of faith but you get funny results at this time of year.

Anyroads, I've only just looked at the race so missed whatever fancy prices were going so have had to settle for the 7/1. It's hope over confidence, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back