What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidney Melbourne is well clear on ratings here..but trades at 2.18...the reason for that looks to be this horse needs a sterner test than this..stayed 14f on the flat.

I took a look at SM with a view to laying as well. My concern is that he will improve greatly for the faster surface and the 2nd fav may also want further. Decided to leave alone but I will be booing it for you.

Before I forget I looked at the City And Surburban handicap at Epsom during the week and couldn't really be much more keener on Kings Warrior should the horse actually run.

Interesting his trainer sent it straight into handicaps and this paid dividends last season culminating in his clear cut triumph in the John Smith's Cup. His only poor runs have been at Newmarket, but this is Epsom and he has a good record left handed. I think the time to punt this horse this year will be first time out, and this is supported by the fact his trainer knocked in a 12/1 at Nottingham on Saturday.

Watch out for this one on Wednesday.

Quite like colonel mak today, tune up runs out of the way think should be a different horse today.

Over jumps glen Cree should be a dead cert today with ground in favour and trainer in ok form.

Esme rides a gain has ground and course in favour also and looks place value.

Man of plenty, fulgora rigoletta look decent bets.also.

Will also be having a speculative punt on Italian tom, course and distance winner off higher mark, albeit running in a better grade today though. Still, a good each way bet I think at that price.

Hayek's going to get some of my cash in the 4.40 , but I'm letting it drift further from it's current 22.0.

I simply can't see the differential in price between Hayek and Dolphin Rock, if the ground is good. Was poorly drawn when behind him here two weeks ago and was 4 lths behind him last season on good ground but gets a 10lb pull this time and the 7lb claim.

I can't make any negative remarks about Rachel Richardson, as she is 1/1 at the track and 1/2 on the horse.

Possible he wants a flatter track and another run, but the price compensates.

Well done EC.

I laid the bugger in running, as I thought his sire was starting look poor and they tried to sellit at the sales last winter.

will push my luck and put up my next best..Yojojo in the 8.50

think this one is improving fast and the return to this c/d should show it..5.6 taken

Last edited:
Newton Abbot 4:05 Third Act Trainer says "Lovely horse, due to run in a bumper any time and flying at home."

layed... quipe me posted in the 5.20..best form on flatter tracks..poor when running uphill and downdale..1.76 way too short

Last edited:
Before I forget I looked at the City And Surburban handicap at Epsom during the week and couldn't really be much more keener on Kings Warrior should the horse actually run.

Interesting his trainer sent it straight into handicaps and this paid dividends last season culminating in his clear cut triumph in the John Smith's Cup. His only poor runs have been at Newmarket, but this is Epsom and he has a good record left handed. I think the time to punt this horse this year will be first time out, and this is supported by the fact his trainer knocked in a 12/1 at Nottingham on Saturday.

Watch out for this one on Wednesday.

12's at the minute, psychologically this could make or break me, esp after the run I've been on.

Last edited:
Yarm 6.50 Dream Walker W&P @ 18.0/ 3.65

Trip issue and looks exposed, but the price looks a little generous to me.

I had a look (normally don't have the time) at the two handicaps tomorrow at Epsom and have plumped for Perennial and Spanish Duke. Someone put the latter up a couple of weeks back and it seemed to run not too badly, even if ultimately well beaten. I think there's a chance he can run better again tomorrow. I'm a wee bit disappointed in the price (was hoping for 10/1 or better but I'm a greedy so and so) but there you go.

I've also lumbered Perennial with the extra poundage of selection in the Great Met and again the price is nothing great.

Also did the double.

Hope rather than confidence etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back