What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarm 6.50 Dream Walker W&P @ 18.0/ 3.65

Finished 4th. More annoying was the fact the winner was the most obvious on the going, but I never picked up on the price drift.

I had a look (normally don't have the time) at the two handicaps tomorrow at Epsom and have plumped for Perennial and Spanish Duke. Someone put the latter up a couple of weeks back and it seemed to run not too badly, even if ultimately well beaten. I think there's a chance he can run better again tomorrow

That was probably me DO and I got told before the race to trade the bet out and wait for Epsom. The writing was on the wall as soon as he broke, was help up and pulled wide from a perfect draw. The only positive from that race was that his mark is unchanged. H/capper probably took the easy run into consideration, as he's left him unchanged but dropped the horse one place in front by a 1lb.

I had a look (normally don't have the time) at the two handicaps tomorrow at Epsom and have plumped for Perennial and Spanish Duke. Someone put the latter up a couple of weeks back and it seemed to run not too badly, even if ultimately well beaten. I think there's a chance he can run better again tomorrow. I'm a wee bit disappointed in the price (was hoping for 10/1 or better but I'm a greedy so and so) but there you go.

I've also lumbered Perennial with the extra poundage of selection in the Great Met and again the price is nothing great.

Also did the double.

Hope rather than confidence etc.
Just watched the full replays. Perennial may not have acted on the course but my pocket says he wasn't off an inch. Spanish Duke should be renamed El Perro.

Sedgefield 7:25 General Hardi - gonna have a fiver e/way on the old boy (now 12yo) he's had 7 runs at the track and never been out the first three - It would be nice to see him win this and retire. I hope he runs a cracker and comes back safe.

It was in the back of my mind that the Hills family are very fond of winners at the Chester May meeting but I took the booking of Moore as a positive for today.

Oh well...

Probably missed the boat but I've got to follow these Tracy Waggott runners tonight - stables on fire.

Some fairly lazy selections for tomorrow, probably a day too late, I held off posting today and there were 2 good priced winners!

Miss Tracy Waggott:

Last 7 days (since 17th) 9 runners, 5 winners, 2 seconds and 2 unplaced.

Prior to that, her previous 18 runners managed just 2 placed efforts.

Tomorrow at Newcastle she runs:

5.45 King Pin WON 9/1
6.20 Solar Spirit 16/1 UNP
6.50 Running Reef 33/1 UNP
7.20 Valantino Oyster 14/1 UNP
7.50 Border Bandit 12/1 & Croftamie 14/1 UNP

May be worth a few small e/w multiples.

Well it was a good start!

Last edited:
Interakt in the last race at Sandown tomorrow. Massive price E/W, will be nearer first than last, and exceed her position in the betting market I reckon.

She hit form early last season and but was then hit and miss. Actually, when you look at her form she is a fair little handicapper, and should win a few races this season. Goes on any ground and looks durable in that regard.

Massive price. I like the idea of putting a seven pound claimer on her, this could do the trick. :)

People will probably think I'm mad for backing one of the outsiders! And I am a bit! However, it's a tricky 17 runner handicap at Sandown and at times these require tricky solutions!!!

Last edited:
The drop back to a stiff 5f should suit Equitania (1.40) ideally. and though she doesn't have the best of the draw, 14/1 is way too big.

A couple of P/pots and win singles on the bold.

Doncaster
1.30 (1) Fred Willetts
2.00 (1) Spykes Bay
2.30 (3) Celtic Sixpence
3.05 (4) Warrigal
3.35 (10) Khudour
4.10 (5) Lieutenant Miller

Chepstow
4.50 (3) Kilmurvy
5.20 (4) Nicene Creed
5.55 (3) Dolatulo
6.25 (6) Aaim To Prosper
7.00 (1) Rosies Peacock
7.35 (1) Dimpsy Time

Highland Knight can win the 2.45..never runs well fto ..but last run was one of his best fto runs..stable in good form and on this ground is at least as good as Trumpet Major...7.2 taken

Had a go on

Tagula Night in the 5.00..

give in the ground will suit
runs well FTO
Kirby a good booking
stable in great form
well handicapped

16.5 taken

Last edited:
1pt trade Macdillon 14/1 victor.

The fcast rain materialized took 14s,12s and 11s and out at 6.4 with some to spare running on currently 5/1!!!!!!!!!!

Had a go on

Tagula Night in the 5.00..

give in the ground will suit
runs well FTO
Kirby a good booking
stable in great form
well handicapped

16.5 taken

Interakt in the last race at Sandown tomorrow. Massive price E/W, will be nearer first than last, and exceed her position in the betting market I reckon.

She hit form early last season and but was then hit and miss. Actually, when you look at her form she is a fair little handicapper, and should win a few races this season. Goes on any ground and looks durable in that regard.

Massive price. I like the idea of putting a seven pound claimer on her, this could do the trick. :)

People will probably think I'm mad for backing one of the outsiders! And I am a bit! However, it's a tricky 17 runner handicap at Sandown and at times these require tricky solutions!!!

3 picks in the 5.00 across the Forum, easy tricast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back