What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judicious.
Owners The Unique partnership have certainly given this horse some different surroundings since taking over ownership. Has finally arrived at a stable that suits there nom de plume, Quinlan and Kirby! Never had a fair run for O Pears on soft/heavy and has dropped a few pounds to a mark he can win from. Should be winning soon even if turned over tonight.

Micky Fenton has two nice rides tonight I think at Hamilton in the 7:15 and 8:00. Small e/w singles and a double for me.

I'm not having as many bets today.

I got 7/1 Caravan Rolls On but wouldn't be sure if this is a serious outing.

I was always going to back Secretinthepark regardless and the 5/1 is fine by me.

I thought Harris Tweed was generally disappointing last season but his two best runs still put him clear here. If he can reproduce either he’ll win. If the other Harris Tweed turns up any of the next bunch could win but I stole the 11/4 just in time for him to go out to 3/1.

I’m taking a chance on Joe Packet. He only managed six runs all season, disappointing badly in the first two but he started to find his form after that and his big rating came in a fast-run G3 at Ascot in his final run, which the handicapper hasn’t taken too seriously despite its very fast time. It may be that he runs best being dragged along a by faster horses but there’s nothing else in the field to interest me. I’ve taken the 25/1 each-way but am concerned that he might not be the type to hit form until midsummer.

And Farrh.

Last edited:
Funk Soul Brother each way..!!

Highly tried last year & has been gelded since>>>!!!

Worth a few pounds...!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

was going to put this on the will win thread but i'm jinxed on there

3.05 Bangor - Monte Cavallo [nap]

Good stuff EC,I didn't quite take your advice though,I layed 2nd fav instead:)

Klynch has a good chance of following up His ripon win last week in the 3.25 at thirsk,He seems to hit form in patches and is a1lb lower than when winning at Epsom last july.

WTF happened to gud day there?i could only follow the race on betdaq,He traded at 1.2.Christ its all gone wrong in the last half an hour.

Body and would looks the class horse in the race in the class three at ripon, I'm diving in qnd may have q reverse forecast with caranbola, think that one will out run its odds and inform jockey on board.

Following gigilo with memory cloth and rf with osteopathic remedy.

Also like assizes which is looking very well handicapped. Will be doing various combos as well.

A simple little method I knocked up and used yesterday on four races was 100% successful. How will it do today on six races though? Here are the selections if anyone is interested. All just to place on betfair.

MR 2.30 Houseparty
Rip 3.10 Body And Soul
Str 3.20 Woolcombe Folly
Rip 3.40 Frontier Fighter
Nav 3.45 Above The Law
Rip 4.10 Aegaeus

Stratford 2:20 Between The Lines 1pt e/way 40/1 - bred at Ballymacoll Stud and had one run for Michael Stoute before being moved on to current trainer. Beautifully bred out of Dalakani and Sadlers Wells - might not be good enough for Stoute to train but this is a poor maiden hurdle and price looks big - a value bet on an outsider imo.

4.20 Stratford Buachail Alain 10pts e/way 9/2

Trainer says, - "I have a lot of faith in this horse and he will go chasing when the new season starts. He won a point-to-point at Monksgrange two years ago and has pleased me with his schooling at home so he should do well."
Stable in form - Roddy thinks it will go well and I think his l/t/o form behind At Fishers Cross over hurdles reads as the best form if he can translate that form over the bigger obstacles.

Mkt Rsn 3:30 BRASSICK 5pts win 15/8
5 b g Presenting - No More Money.
Winner and second in bumper before winning two mile five hurdle debut at Huntingdon November 4 beating Present View half a length.
"Lovely horse that won despite the soft ground - I'm sure it was a good performance. He is immature so this season is just a bonus one. Better ground will suit." Has had time to mature after 5 month break and finally gets his ground.

Navan 4.15 Voleuse De Coeurs 5pts win 2/1 - must be deemed a big threat as she lacked a recent run when second at Limerick. On her previous start, in last October's Irish Cesarewitch, she won by ten lengths against 26 rivals.

Trainer says, - "I think she will get on very well. She is potentially a very good filly but I don't want to see too much rain overnight. She is a good-actioned filly and, provided Navan escapes the worst of the rain, I think she will be hard to beat." The race is named after trainer Dermot Welds Vintage Crop and I think she's been targetted at this race.

Last edited:
I always jeep an eye out for Clive brittains handicap debutante and he has two today that both have the usual profile, new trip or dropped in class.

I'm taking the hint with Ryan Moore riding for jonjo on sagredo.

George baker has flown straight back.from Singapore and is wasting no time on pats legacy, look like a banker to me that.

While it looks a decent race, I'm also taking the hint that dascombe and kingscote have travelled down to Windsor with saga lout.

All the usual small stake perms along with single stakes

4:10 Redcar - Verinco 5pts e/way 9/1

Hasn't won since October 2011 off 94 and went to 97. Now 81 on turf and 74 on all weather which looks winnable if caught in the right frame of mind.
Trainer says, - "Worth keeping faith with because he's had a wind op which has helped him. One to look out for on soft ground."
Going g/soft with rain predicted - had wind op since last run and if that works - could be on a very nice mark.

4:55 String Theory - COLOGNE , Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen - German 2000 Guineas
STRING THEORY - 5pts e/way 11/2
B c Medicean - Shebella.
Unraced at two and nice debut over a mile at Newmarket April 18 beaten three quarters of a length into third behind Ajraam.
"Lovely horse that we thought would run well in the Wood Ditton at Newmarket and he did despite jumping awkwardly. Learned a lot and a horse we are really looking forward to in a maiden at Kempton on May 1." won this very easily like a group horse.

windsor 7.40 Spicy Dal 2.50pts e/way at sp

Trainer says - "Her debut run at Newbury was very encouraging and the winner was clearly smart. Kieran Fallon was very complimentary about her and she could be up to earning some black type. She took the race well and it wont be long before she's out again."

Well done Chef with Spicy Dal - followed you in.

EC, didn't see your post but backed Ustara anyway! Must be one to follow, very unlucky in running and better than the bare form surely.

Ma Kelly's an e/w bet in the 3:00. 9 pound lower than when 2nd in a handicap on soft ground not that long ago. Think this horse wants a mile on soft ground and trainer is good at winning these egg and spoon races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back