What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems she might be an improver then Bar, put some on last night at 5-2 and was considering more, the small drift made up for it though.

Went to plan from the off but dropped away tamely under pressure, another day...

Don't know what price it hit in running, but was certainly well backed once the rain arrived.

Last edited:
The Pounds bumper Clonmel 5/1 e/w.
Run before last was decent in context of this race,2nd around here. Afatcat back in third on the day has since run well in Gowran behind a potentially nice horse of Leavy's. Can't see it out of the first three and think it will very nearly win, fav is not great at all.

I'm having a poor week so more in hope than confidence...

Chester 1.15 - I'm kind of kicking myself a bit for not taking the 4/1 Gandalak last night as the best price I could get this morning was 3/1. He's still got a fair bit to do but his running style should help and he's proven in the ground. If the others get in each others' way in behind he could have it all his own way.

2.45 - Mount Athos has only two runs in soft to his name and ran badly both times yet he’s disputing favouritism. Memphis Tennessee might therefore be value at around evens but that’s not my kind of bet. I wouldn’t be surprised if the pull Mount Athos out. However, instead I've backed him not to be placed (100/30) and Mad Moose place-only (16/1, meaning he really needs to run second to the fav, but I reckon he might only have to finish in front of Communicator to do that).

Mulling over the double Grandalak/Memphis Tennessee (pays 7/1).

Last edited:
Stable whisper about village green in the last at Nottingham tonight. First time I've heard anything from this source so take with a note of caution. Ollie pears is quite bullish about its chances and says it is in the best shape it has been in with them. Not sure it is drawn on the right side though qnd loads of money this morning for errigal lad

1.45 Seanie will improve for last run..is lower in the weights than when ran here last year and will be suited by a strong run race..G Lee interesting booking

Though Emilio Largo (7.05) generally runs over 7f//1m, he showed bundles of speed on his latest outing, and would have won more comfortably if not repeatedly baulked.
He's now transferred to a trainer who's an excellent record with sprinters, and his double figure price is just too big.

Though Emilio Largo (7.05) generally runs over 7f//1m, he showed bundles of speed on his latest outing, and would have won more comfortably if not repeatedly baulked.
He's now transferred to a trainer who's an excellent record with sprinters, and his double figure price is just too big.

I could be wrong, but this one looks like a pipe opener to tee him up for one of the Royal Asdcot h'cps over 6/7f

Paddy Power, Bet365, BetVictor, SkyBet and Boylesports paying five places on the Victoria Cup tomorrow.

I could be wrong, but this one looks like a pipe opener to tee him up for one of the Royal Asdcot h'cps over 6/7f

Hard to say, as he was played very late and just missed out on the place money, but will definitely improve at this trip.

Hard to say, as he was played very late and just missed out on the place money, but will definitely improve at this trip.

Fanshawe will have left a bit on him, Deacon Blues was 2nd in this race the year he won the Wokingham. Look like this lad is going down the same path

Italian Tom in the 6.45 at Doncaster,His 2ND run of the TURF season form reads 1021 and only 2lb higher than when winning over C&D last may.33/1 with various firms.

Was a NR on that occasion, has his 2nd run of the season at Ascot in the last today where he has a CD victory to his name, albeit off a mark 7lb lower. He did win from a 2lb higher mark last year with Darren Egan claiming 5, rides today claiming 3 so effectively off the same mark.

Ferguson stable are flying, last 10 runners 4 winners and 3 seconds.

Two runners today, both at Haydock, Darley Sun in the 1.50 & Cry of Freedom in the 3.30, double figure prices, e/w singles & double.

I've loaded the blunderbuss again...

Tartiflette (main bet), Smarty Socks & Mabait as backup.

Jetson

Forgotten Voice

.. and sundry others.

Intriguing that Nevis (Derby Trial) made all to win over 1m, and then was held out the back over the shorter trip of the National Stakes.
Maybe they were testing his speed with a view to the Guineas, but he's clearly a lot better than he showed there and, with only one to beat, 0/30 is just too big to resist.

Stan James are out of line with their distance betting at Haydock today - over 16 at 13/8, Ladbrokes over 19, Hills 18 (9/4) Skybet & PP 19.5, spread is 16.5-18.5. Hills also out of line at 9/4 over 18.

No mistaking that Battle Group has been hugely impressive but I've backed Jetson heavily ew (Saver Araldur) to beat him with the weight turnaround.
Other bets in order of preference, Forgotten Voice (Cry of Freedom) and Attaglance.

At Ascot (3.50) also have a scattergun approach, Born to Surprise, Excellent Guest and Arnold Lane.
In addition to singles have 3 small ew Yankees Haydock selections plus one of each in the Victoria Cup.

So what do I know? In 2 races Battle Group has deprived me of £20k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back