What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Elusive Gold tomorrow in Lingfields 4:30. Havn't had a bloody good winner for ages but hopefully this one can do it.

Last edited:
Sky crossing looks an interesting one back at Southwell. 1-1 there having won a maiden and I was given it as a tip when in Givens yard last summer when won at 14's. Since changed yards, had a warm up run and now back at Southwell. Availed myself with the 16s with PP last night and see it is in to 11s this morning.

At Kempton Powerful Wind for Harris/Morris duo looks one that could be overpriced as has won off higher marks in the past. Went off extremely fast on reappearance before stamina gave out. Should come on dramatically for the run I think.

Richard Hughes is up on the relatively consistent El Libertador - has been placed on the horse for only ride and mark looks manageable.

Beauchamp Sunset is more of a guesswork really but the Swedes were on fire first few months of the year. This one has run over sprint distances in maidens and run okay just looked a little one paced. May be more prudent once upped in trip again as sire has produced quite a few decent jumps winners as well as winners over 10 and 12 furlongs. Yard has not been busy recently so continued form is taken on trust but at 14-1 is worth a speculative each way punt. In the same race Durcan is an interesting booking for CLive Brittain, another which ran okay on handicap debut back from a long break upped in trip. Ran like a pig with new headgear last time and now that is removed may do better again. Small each way stake

In the last at Southwell Chesterslittlegem looked as if a return to form was imminenthaving dropped in the weights.Shirley Teasdale had been riding quite a lot as mark eased and Franny Norton is on board today.

Each way perms on the above and fingers crossed for a decent day as I haven't had a massively profitable one for a while.

After my truly god awful performances recently I'm almost wary at putting this up but make of it what you will. I've heard a strong whisper for the each way chances of so cheeky in the last at wetherby. Change of stable apparently has the horse looking good and a big improvement is expected...

Barnaby Brook in tomorrows 4:30 at Yarmouth.

Seems an all or nothing type but on a good day can win this race at a tasty price :)

Last edited:
The favourite should set a nice pace but one of the hold up horses might nail it...

Hopefully it will be Barnaby Brook. A great e/w price at 14's although there are two places.

Last edited:
3.10 Divergence Goodwood.

My horse she is in good form and can't understand the disparity in price between her and Centred a horse we beat last year in a maiden.

As long as she settles better she is a knocking ew bet at 9/1

Fun bet Catterick 8.05 - 5x6x7x8x9x10 120x10p comb tricasts - just dont fancy any of the top 4 on the card for various reasons - most likely wrong but tricast could be big if I'm right.

Fun bet Catterick 8.05 - 5x6x7x8x9x10 120x10p comb tricasts - just dont fancy any of the top 4 on the card for various reasons - most likely wrong but tricast could be big if I'm right.

That was useless

Towcester 8.25 Pliny 10pts win - I'm hoping his previous form was down to soft and heavy going and the times suggest its just on the slow side of good. If he can return to form then he looks on a nice mark. Trainers horses running well so a win bet with a small place save on betfair to cover stake. Could have had 10.0 while typing this - taken 7.4 and sod the place saver :D

York 2:55 Bogart 20/1 e/way - running off O/R 99 I have him 104+ can't understand how his stablemate York Glory is almost a third of his price - both raced over the same c/d York 6f on the same day 10 days ago - York Glory in a class 2 h'cap carrying 9-2 btn 2 1/4L and Bogart in a group 2 carrying 9-8 btn 5 1/2L - the group 2 was run over a second faster and Bogart was leading at 5f, the distance of todays race - he only gives York Glory 1lb today.Bogart also separated O/R 107 & 109 horses that day and all those that finished in front of him were rated 4 to 14lb better than the top rated in this race. I've taken the price 24.0 win and 5.7 place on betfair as I think he looks standout and can see Pricewise may select him. Anyway way overpriced imo and rates a value e/way bet in my book. I may have a small f/c on the two Ryan runners as well.

One bet for today won't see any of the action as im going away for the day, Mon Brav 4.40 Goodwood running back into form and on a similar mark to when he last hit form and Klynch 4.15 Chester I reckon he has one last win in him before the handicapper collars him for another year, Running today over 7F has never won from a mark in the 90s but brought up his hatrick at Epsom last year over 7 and ran never nearer in 3rd length and a half off 95 at Hamilton over 7 two runs later. E/W Double.

couple of lazy stats picks today

B. Ellison at Goodwood in May = 3/3

3.05 Goodwood PORGY 29.0
4.40 Goodwood MON BRAV 5.7

sorry Fonz..just read yours..weren't stealing :)

Last edited:
Maureen at 5/1 BOG seems a decent bet at 5/1 in the Irish 1000 Gns. (at 15:55) Good filly, and should go well.

Uttox 3:05 Quarton - 'place lay' 6/4 or less - only two places - hasn't raced for a year - 3 others rated higher in the race - stables gallops currently being worked on last two weeks and horses may be short of a gallop?

What Style in the Irish 1000 today for John Oxx. Her sire Teofilo was more of a right handed track horse, and she could find any amount of improvement on faster ground. Worth a crack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back