What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the run of Ladys First last time and think 8/1 is fair value in the first at Epsom. Resurge goes well here and is a good e/w bet at 5/1 and bigger if 8 go to post in the 2.10. Visor and trip might help Gabriel in the next & in the open 3.20 Benzanno could go well. I like the Fav in the Oaks but think that 13/2 for Bannoffee in the w/o market worth a play too.

Last edited:
As well as Liber Nauticus in the Oaks I've done Brae Hill at 12s in the 3.20. He's not well handicapped really but ran a cracker last time out and the angle that makes him a bet is the track. Epsom is up there with Goodwood and Chester as one of he best weight carrying tracks.

Ruby Walsh was offered the ride on a yoke I have a share in in DR this evening. He turned it down as ... "I'm only there for the Tony Martin horse". As a sometimes mug punter I have backed Easy Vic in the 6:45 on that basis

Epsom
1.35 Starscope
2.10 Vasily n/r - Pilgrims Rest
2.45 Producer
3.20 Mr Music
4.00 Secret Gesture
4.45 Well Aquainted

Last edited:
Tassel was an eye catcher last time out. Horrendous start but was finishing the fastest. Hughes up this time but surprised to see dropped a fueling which is making me more tentative. I'm also mad for Italian tom and took 16s, lower than last win and has course form.

Still work to do but I've backed Ajjaadd (3.15), Salutation (1.35) and Tartiflette (3.45 Don.).
Ajjaadd is a C/D that could well, Salutation didn't seem to be ridden to perform over further LTO, whilst my Scottish advisor has convinced me as to Tartiflette's chances- though a saver on Born to Surprise

Dashing Star is my main fancy for today. If the Dante form can be taken at face value he will be very hard to beat. It might be a big if but the 10/1 was very good compensation for the doubts.

Tartiflette Doncaster 3.45, Trying to stem the bleeding from the 2.30 at Tramore............

Sky Hunter in the Jockey Club. The front two in the market represent the Poulians form which looks shaky to me with a bunch finish for all that Intello was unlucky. Wouldn't mind a good run from Bravodino as well as I've backed him at fancy prices for the Arc.

Sky Hunter is actually bred on stouter lines than Ocovango and possibly would have been more at home at Epsom yesterday than that horse. It's a bet based on his master trainer really as I'm thinking why run him here when the Grand Prix de Paris could be at his mercy in a few weeks and he already has Intello? Can't resist almost 9/1 about an unbeaten Fabre colt.

Great shout DO.

Fancy Topaz Blanche to win the Sandringham at Chantilly. What a name and Peace Burg look doubtful stayers and the former has a 5lb penalty. Ground will suit TB as well. Matched at 7.2 on the machine, which looks fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back