Not open for further replies.
Topaz was given an unusual bad ride by Peslier
should have won

Dastarhon is interesting at 12/1 in the big one

I have backed Haya Landa
main dangers Pirika and Remus

Now We Can is an absurd price

French Derby
Wouldn't be surprised to see Morandi reverse form with the fav, over this distance and on the ground.

Last edited:
Tioman legend is overpriced at 7s for me. 6lb swing with the favourite for a 1/2length beating, that run was on comeback qnd when went for a gap got door closed, stayed on after without jockey using whip to overtake a few. certain place with a possible win.

The Channon horse Ctappers worth a speculation in the 4:30.

Raced with a bit more zest last time in the first time visors, and has them on again today.

Back to a track he's won at before, and back in class 6 grade, he's the bet in that race.

Naas 4.35 Fig Roll – named as one of the better early 2yo’s in the Hannon yard – won well in a good time l/t/o over 5f at Windsor – upped to 6f here. 4/1 e/way

Leicester 3.45 SUPERNOVA HEIGHTS B f Oasis Dream - Atene. 11/2 e/way & r/f/c with Woodland Aria
Won penultimate of six starts last season beating Sky gardens three and three quarter lengths in seven furlong Yarmouth maiden in September. Fair effort in handicap final start when length and a quarter fourth to Annecdote in seven furlong Newmarket handicap. Now 2lb higher at 89.
"She's got an entry for the six furlong listed race at Newbury on May 17 and the way she's working and bred she is up to that class. Plenty of pace and wants top of the ground." Ran at Newmarket l/t/o and was badly hampered and eased when chance had gone – race before that behind anecdote her saddle slipped. May be a value bet today with Woodland Aria in the field.
------------------

Chepstow 4.00 George Baker – 5/1 e/way
trainer thinks he is on a good mark if he gets his conditions – proper good ground – 5lb claimer booked as well – has a good chance.

From Trainer George Baker - Stable news

Three runners today. The beautifully named George Baker at Chepstow. William Twiston-Davies taking five pounds off his back, and the ground coming in his favour. If he can back up his encouraging Warwick seasonal debut, then he should run a big race.
-------------------------

Leicester 4.45 ANNA'S PEARL Ch c Pivotal - Mi Anna. Evs win bet & r/f/c with Ziekhani
Top class maiden - finished half length second in group one mile at Saint Cloud in November and rated 113. Last off that mark in seven furlong listed handicap at Newmarket in April.
"Got lit up at Newmarket, ran his race the wrong way round on ground that was too quick. I decided against the German Guineas and will just go for a mile maiden with some dig in the ground. No pattern penalties but he has taken time to get over Newmarket."

Leicester 5.15 PATENTLY B c Moss Vale - Trader Secret.
Ability sole start last season when 11 lengths eighth of 18 to Race And Status in mile maiden at Newbury in September.
"Showed more than enough on his only run last season and is ready to take in a maiden now, possible over a mile at Newbury on May 18. Has done very well over the winter." Btn just under 3L at Newbury but could be running for a h’cap mark so the markets should tell us if he has a chance today. bet?

Carlisle 7.15 Proclomationofwar – Evs win bet
named as one of his better 2yo’s in stable tour – showed plenty of speed f/t/o over 6f before weakening – dropped back to 5f today.

Lots of guesses today:

Cumbrian craic at ripon looks one to catch fresh. Won maiden first time out beating barricuda boy, that one has won't two races off 72 and 75 now rated in80s. Cc now 71, 6lb lower than opening mark.
Also easterby has had 6 winners in last 8 days.

Another stable in reasonable form is tuttys yard. 3 wins and 3 seconds from small yard in last few weeks. Runs Harare at Ayr where has gone well and mark getting near to last winning one.

Omid could be overpriced, mark again looking good and atzeni on board today, looks each way value. to me.

Patent today each way.

Will probably do some small stake perms on Luke morris rides at Ayr.

Graham Lee to note travelling from Ayr to ripon today, given I did a similar journey last week and it was about 4 1/2 hours in the car presume he flying as he's bot leaving himself much margin for traffic problems. Presume he's got decent chance with at least one at both meetings

Graham Lee to note travelling from Ayr to ripon today, given I did a similar journey last week and it was about 4 1/2 hours in the car presume he flying as he's bot leaving himself much margin for traffic problems. Presume he's got decent chance with at least one at both meetings

gr8 tipppin pal, wish i was on.

Ashaadd (7.55 Sand) normally races up with the pace, so had little chance when falling out of the stalls and obstructed in his run on his seasonal debut. On that showing, he's improved for being gelded, and the stiff Sandown track should suit his running style better than Goodwood anyway.
Ryan Moore up (for a stable with a serious record when a top jock is booked) and though he has the Noseda horse to beat, at 12/1 looks a rock solid win & place bet.

Last edited:
Ashaadd (7.55 Sand) normally races up with the pace, so had little chance when falling out of the stalls and obstructed in his run on his seasonal debut. On that showing, he's improved for being gelded, and the stiff Sandown track should suit his running style better than Goodwood anyway.
Ryan Moore up (for a stable with a serious record when a top jock is booked) and though he has the Noseda horse to beat, at 12/1 looks a rock solid win & place bet.

didn't need to lead after all..good shout:cool:

Small e/w on Kakatosi in the 3:45. I reckon it's due to go very close in a good handicap, is gradually getting better with e/w run and his sire Pastoral Pursuits won a Group 1 here at Newmarket. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back