What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't seek out the Tudhope runners today so it is no more than a coincidence that I've had a stab at Blue Bajan and Smarty Socks today.

I had the former well handicapped going into last year's Cesarewitch but he appeared not to stay.

Smarty Socks was running well off a mark above 100 early last summer and gets in here of just 89.

Just for the sake of an interest, mind.

omfg your fuckin amazing.

again, fank you!

I didn't seek out the Tudhope runners today so it is no more than a coincidence that I've had a stab at Blue Bajan and Smarty Socks today.

I had the former well handicapped going into last year's Cesarewitch but he appeared not to stay.

Smarty Socks was running well off a mark above 100 early last summer and gets in here of just 89.

Just for the sake of an interest, mind.

Profit on the day secured :)

Ashaadd (7.55 Sand) normally races up with the pace, so had little chance when falling out of the stalls and obstructed in his run on his seasonal debut. On that showing, he's improved for being gelded, and the stiff Sandown track should suit his running style better than Goodwood anyway.
Ryan Moore up (for a stable with a serious record when a top jock is booked) and though he has the Noseda horse to beat, at 12/1 looks a rock solid win & place bet.

Should clock in again today, though he's been pricewised, so Hills 7/1 needs to be taken early.

Sandown 1:50 SALUTATION Top rated in this using his run behind Soviet Rock. Two poor runs last twice to overcome but that is reflected in his price of 14/1
Sandown 2:20 ROSERROW Second top rated on my ratings behind Ashaad. They ran on the same card at Sandown last time over different distances but comparable times. As Ashaad's trainer is dubious as to whether he will stay a mile it's worth taking a punt on ROSERROWat more than double to odds of the fav. 10/1
York 2:40 WESTWITHENIGHT I don't usually like backing fillies against colts/geldings but as she's drifted out to 6/1 I'll have a small play as she's clear top rated.
York 3:50 HASOPOP & CHILLWORTH ICON They finished 1st and 3rd at Newmarket in May in a race I rated pretty quick. Worth playing both at the odds of 11/1 and 18/1.

Last edited:
I am on body and soul, coasted in warm up after 7 months off, nice drop in weight.

Satwa laird screams of being run over wrong distance to lose weight, never won over a mile but last 6 runs have been over further and still running ok. Back to mile today, hayley back on qnd has my money today.

Also backing stableford, tinshu, size, edge and stone of folca in various perms with the above

Saturday is when I make up for not betting during the week.

Today I've loaded the blunderbuss and pointed it in the direction of these poor sods:

Muss 3.00 Jonny Delta (hunch)
Muss 3.35 Stone Of Folca (reasonable percentage call)
Muss 4.10 Fieldgunner Kirkup (elimination of others)

San 1.50 Salutation (interest)
San 2.20 Maverick (good percentage)
San 4.05 Beautiful View (plot?)

Yrk 2.05 Crackentorp (job)
Yrk 2.40 Ginger Jack (job)
Yrk 3.15 Quick Wit (godolphin to hit form ahead of Ascot?)
Yrk 3.50 Heavens Guest (percentage)
Yrk 4.20 Kalk Bay (job?)

The ones I fancy most are:

Yrk 2.05 Crackentorp
Yrk 2.40 Ginger Jack (main fancy today)
San 4.05 Beautiful View
San 2.20 Maverick

which I'll probably stick on an e-w accumulator just in case I have a blessed day.

Sandown 2:20 ROSERROW Second top rated on my ratings behind Ashaad. They ran on the same card at Sandown last time over different distances but comparable times. As Ashaad's trainer is dubious as to whether he will stay a mile it's worth taking a punt on ROSERROWat more than double to odds of the fav. 10/1

Nice

Saturday is when I make up for not betting during the week.

Today I've loaded the blunderbuss and pointed it in the direction of these poor sods:

Muss 3.00 Jonny Delta (hunch)
Muss 3.35 Stone Of Folca (reasonable percentage call)
Muss 4.10 Fieldgunner Kirkup (elimination of others)

San 1.50 Salutation (interest)
San 2.20 Maverick (good percentage)
San 4.05 Beautiful View (plot?)

Yrk 2.05 Crackentorp (job)
Yrk 2.40 Ginger Jack (job)
Yrk 3.15 Quick Wit (godolphin to hit form ahead of Ascot?)
Yrk 3.50 Heavens Guest (percentage)
Yrk 4.20 Kalk Bay (job?)

The ones I fancy most are:

Yrk 2.05 Crackentorp
Yrk 2.40 Ginger Jack (main fancy today)
San 4.05 Beautiful View
San 2.20 Maverick

which I'll probably stick on an e-w accumulator just in case I have a blessed day.

That's a quality post.

Looks like I may be handing back a fair bit of the week's winnings...

Salutation nearly got to me off to a flyer (took 14/1 ew) but it's gone downhill since. Still, it's early yet!

desert orchid,

howdya go from noking back bets like 1 per day to havin 11 in 1 day?

seems out of character

Five or six on a Saturday would be normal since I tend to limit myself to races worth £20k+ and/or decent televised races.

The only reason I was putting up horses this week was for a bit of fun because I had a wee bit of time on my hands. Normally I don't even look.

Maybe I should give up Saturdays and concentrate on the midweek rubbish!

Im off to Leicester,and after hard study my bets are

6.35-Genuine Quality @ Evens [Betfred] BOG..Win
7.35-Tatlisu @ 6-1 [Paddy Power] BOG..Each Way
8.05-Semeen @ Evens [Bet 365] BOG..Win
8.35-Reggae Star @ 13-2 [Paddy Power] BOG...Each Way

Muss 3.00 Jonny Delta (hunch) [Too much to do then door closed a bit, might not have won anyway]
Muss 3.35 Stone Of Folca (reasonable percentage call) [maybe the rain just got into the ground too much for him?]
Muss 4.10 Fieldgunner Kirkup (elimination of others) [not surprised]

San 1.50 Salutation (interest) [ew 2nd 14/1]
San 2.20 Maverick (good percentage) [NR]
San 4.05 Beautiful View (plot?) [Lost it at the start]

Yrk 2.05 Crackentorp (job) [poor show]
Yrk 2.40 Ginger Jack (job) [slightly disappointing despite placing]
Yrk 3.15 Quick Wit (godolphin to hit form ahead of Ascot?) [2nd 9/1]
Yrk 3.50 Heavens Guest (percentage) [4th 10/1]
Yrk 4.20 Kalk Bay (job?) [4th]

Good weeks like the one just past help me cope with days like these. I can look at this lot and think I've had worse days, because I have!

£5 win trebel

435; vital evidence
440; royal skies
445; market puzzle

Selections
No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Mount McLeod 6.45 Limerick
(Win and Each Way)
Live Stream 15/06/2013 3 Places
1/4 Odds 10/1 To Run
2 Cluin Aine 7.15 Limerick
(Win and Each Way)
1/4 Odds 14/1 To Run
3 Otto The Great 8.35 Leicester
(Win and Each Way)
1/4 Odds 14/1 To Run
4 Goldplated 8.15 Limerick
(Win and Each Way)
Live Stream 15/06/2013 2 Places
1/4 Odds 14/1 To Run
Multiples
Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Return Returns
EW Lucky 15 15 0.25 7.50

Im off to Leicester,and after hard study my bets are

6.35-Genuine Quality @ Evens [Betfred] BOG..Win
7.35-Tatlisu @ 6-1 [Paddy Power] BOG..Each Way Won @ 9-1
8.05-Semeen @ Evens [Bet 365] BOG..Win Won
8.35-Reggae Star @ 13-2 [Paddy Power] BOG...Each Way

Nice profitable evening

Ive backed Rebecca Romero the last two times with Hughes on board. I'm taking the hint that he's switched to gladoiatrix, although sods law suggests that now I've ditched her Romero will romp in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back