What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like finishing 2nd at one stage-winner and third ran against the rail which helped their cause.Winner is decent ,possibly underrated by the opposing jockeys.

For sure. Frankie wanted to follow Crusade from the get go

Zip Top ran some race for a horse that was allowed touch 25s on Betfair.I nearly put a cup through the telly for leaving the winner go-he did me a nice favour when winning at Newmarket on the Friday of Galway week.

Zip Top looked either ungenuine or very very green - hung all over the place and stayed on late. The winner may have been under-rated but no superstars in this race.

I had Zip Top as a 5/1 shot today.Maybe he is useless,will be better on an all weather surface or was blatantly unfit today.

Anyone ever tried to watch the racing with 2 children,an overexcited dog and complete strangers knocking on the door to say they are here to have a look at the wall that they are going to rebuild next week.
If I wasn't winning a few quid I would be going nuts.

9.00 Wolv

Alternative Choice

Fallon not ridden for stable in last 5 years

held up in all runs bar last time...nice pace warm up

last won off 58 over C/D and lost by a hd off 62..now off 60

course tonight suiting hold up horses..plus there is pace here as well

10.0 on betfair

likin a bit

Last edited:
The Cambridgeshire meeting is a good hunting ground for me most years- last year Tangerine Trees and Credit Swap continued a healthy trend. Can't after time but today was satisfactory. For tomorrow I am going for Carragold in the 4.45 Silver Cambridgeshire. Bottom weight he has done well already this year and his most recent run was over a too far 12f. Versatile as regards ground and a strong finisher ( ideal for the course) at 25/1 ew with Coral and others presents a good place bet with strong win potential. I do not anticipate the draw having too much influence.

Have had a tiny ew double with Credit Swap at 33/1 for a repeat of last year's Cambridgeshire win. Credit Swap is another versatile as regards ground performer and had run in the equivalent of today's last finishing very fast to be a close up 4th. Another that is suited by the course

Ah stop OTB. What formbook are you reading. Tenth Star beat trees in the Leopardstnwn on his next run. In fact there was only four runners so so how you can say that franked the form when he has been run over since is beyod me. To back Zip Top today you are assuming and forgiving the horse a lot and giving far too much reverence to his trainer. The bleedin obvious is that Roger Varian's colt Farraaj has bomb proof form and only has to run close to that form to win.

Didnt work out too bad. 14/1 too. Not bad for a rubbish horse.

Minidress may be wearing the third choice colours in the first tomorrow but dont let that put you off. Impeccably bred, she was very impressive in her maiden looking like one with plenty still to come nto. 6s much too big.

Teasing. He was lucky and wont be carrying my money again. Not the horse i hoped.

Indeed, I was at Leopardstown and backed him on his début and thought he was going to the top. The Tenth Star formline was a big negative for me and ran far better than I expected. Regardless I did my bollocks on the favourite.

For a bit of fun

Wolve 9:00 Green Lighting / Saloon £2 r/f/c

and Shouda / Dream Of Fortune / Aureate combined with top 2 in a 20p comb tricast

For a bit of fun

Wolve 9:00 Green Lighting / Saloon £2 r/f/c

and Shouda / Dream Of Fortune / Aureate combined with top 2 in a 20p comb tricast

1 8 Shouda (IRE) 9-7 T P Queally B Curley 5 7/2
opened 9/2 touched 5/1 £2700-£600 £2000-£400 £1800-£400
2 2 ½ Saloon (USA) 9-5 p Iva Milickova Jane Chapple-Hyam 7 17/2
opened 9/1 touched 8/1
3 4 ½ Manshoor (IRE) 9-11 L Morris Mrs L Wadham 6 12/1

4 5 ½ Aureate 9-6 David Probert B Forsey 7 16/1
touched 20/1
5 11 nse Green Lightning (IRE) 9-11 b S De Sousa M Johnston 4 9/4

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - Kids were watching tv, so I listened to race on Sporting life radio and the commentator said it was close for third between Aureate and Green Lightning. So I'm talking to the computer saying call No.7 as the 3rd - could have knocked me over with a feather when they called No.3 Manshoor - :lol::lol::lol: :mad:

Myself and four mates are going to try out luck in the jackpot in Newmarket. It looks tough in the early races but seems to get easier as the day progresses, unless an outsider comes wins the maiden. Does anyone fancy anything there today, maybe a dark horse?

Ransom Note looks interesting in the 2.25. His form doesn't really warrant too much of a wager but he likes the track and I just don't like any of the others in that race. Pricewise went for him so his price has crumbled a bit:(

Ransom Note looks interesting in the 2.25. His form doesn't really warrant too much of a wager but he likes the track and I just don't like any of the others in that race. Pricewise went for him so his price has crumbled a bit:(

Yeah have him in already. I'd pretty much put in any course winner into a jackpot.

Is the Jackpot the first six races at Newmarket today?

Had a quick look last night and it looks tough... So many unexposed 2yo's.

Myself and four mates are going to try out luck in the jackpot in Newmarket. It looks tough in the early races but seems to get easier as the day progresses, unless an outsider comes wins the maiden. Does anyone fancy anything there today, maybe a dark horse?

Just had a go myself, feeling very confident actually. By all means have a go, increase my dividend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back