What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A whole £36 that lasted one race. I thought I'd actually not include a horse ridden by one of the worst jockeys for the worst trainer. Silly.

Still alive after one race. Miracle really.

Seta/Dark Promise
Premio Loco.

I set my stall out early, had the first winner and then the above selections for my first three races, I then fired a few more bullets at the last races. I find its better than firing a heap of bullets early and being dissapointed at only having one selection in the last....

Dont think it will matter anyway.

I left myself with just the one in the last with the thought that I could lay him for most of my bankroll.

Seat has a nice chance at this level but don't like Premio Loco.

I left myself with just the one in the last with the thought that I could lay him for most of my bankroll.

Seat has a nice chance at this level but don't like Premio Loco.

Love Premio Loco, back to the trip and ground he should love. Like the way he knuckled down the last day.

Still Alive!! Thought The Shrew was coming to do a whole heap of coupons, Id imagine if that had won there wouldnt have been many left.

Premio Loco is up next.

The dream is over. Sick, I had Ranson Note as my other choice, but decided to risk it and have another dart for later on.

Spiritual Star and Confirmed in the next, and Mahooba and myplacelater in the last was the way I went. I also had a place pot to cover my stake.

Premio Loco has let my bet down on the Jackpot. Going into the final leg there was 640 units going for the 2.9m. I feel that there would have been less had premio loco won as he was longer odds than Ransom Note. I am absolutely gutted. Placepot up but its probably not worth thinking about.

Me. yesterday

The Cambridgeshire meeting is a good hunting ground for me most years- last year Tangerine Trees and Credit Swap continued a healthy trend. Can't after time but today was satisfactory. For tomorrow I am going for Carragold in the 4.45 Silver Cambridgeshire. Bottom weight he has done well already this year and his most recent run was over a too far 12f. Versatile as regards ground and a strong finisher ( ideal for the course) at 25/1 ew with Coral and others presents a good place bet with strong win potential. I do not anticipate the draw having too much influence.

Have had a tiny ew double with Credit Swap at 33/1 for a repeat of last year's Cambridgeshire win. Credit Swap is another versatile as regards ground performer and had run in the equivalent of today's last finishing very fast to be a close up 4th. Another that is suited by the course
Fourth at 33/1, Betfair Place 11.66. A fair enough performance in a competitive race yields an acceptable return. Have decided to split winnings ew on Credit Swap tomorrow ( drawn stall 1 as was today's winner) @ 33/1

I am keen on Albaqaa in the Cambrideshure tomorrow. Best form of his career, nice break etc. Could see him winning. If back to old form Sagramor has a major squeak. Alrlequin despite the top weight should rum well, but the two I bet are Albaqaa and Sagramor.

Secret Witness at Haydock will like the 5F and cut in the ground may help him recapture his best form I think. His ideal distance looks like 5.5F furlongs so 5F with cut in the ground may see a big run at a track like Haydock.

Last edited:
Sahpresa in the Sun Chariot. Pretty much the only Group 1 performer in the field. Got 9/4 when she should be 11/8.

Cry Fury and Man of Action in the Cambridgeshire.

Last edited:
Kanaf, 4.15, ran a blinder when a little unlucky in the Steward's Cup, and built on that when again unfortunate at York. Had a bad draw for a hold-up horse at Donny lto and subsequently ran too free, in a race where everything else came from the back.
Chris Catlin, who has already won on the horse this season, takes the ride from a better draw today, and 9/2 is too big, imo.

Citrus Star is well-handicapped at Newmarket this afternoon. Showed clear signs of returning to form last time out. 6/1 seems very fair.

Is there anything more annoying as a punter then discovering that pricewise has tipped your 50/1 fancy for a big race.

Ideology-the German horse.Know absolutely nothing about it but the trainer did me a right favour when I needed it most during the summer.I refuse to take 28s.

I've had a big bet on Pendragon today in the Cambridgeshire. He's ran well in some really good mile handicaps this season without winning and the extra furlong will help him get closer today. He came 8th in the race last year after winning at Ayr and he has some good form at this time of year. I think the pace and big field will suit him down to the ground and can't for the life of me understand why he's 40/1.

I've also backed Red Gulch who has been uber progressive on Polytrack and this prominent racer should make a good fist of it from his low draw and the extra furlong shouldn't pose any problems, worth a squeek at 20/1.

Is there anything more annoying as a punter then discovering that pricewise has tipped your 50/1 fancy for a big race.

No there is not. Happened to me last week with Azamata. Was expecting at least 7/1 and ended up having to pile in at 9/2. Not good. In terms of 50/1 and 28/1 there is not much in it percentage wise. Its not like backing something that was 5/1 at 11/4. I think people take this value thing too far at times. All this talk of the correct price is starting to sound very cliched. There is no correct price for any beast. Punters try to get the best price possible and layers try to get as many in the book at as low a price as possible. Tom Segal did not stop me backing Azamata because I was confident he would win. Therefore what was the true price? Answers on the back of a stamp written with a paint brush please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back