What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the debris still lying on the ground, there was spit and hair flying here last night, which is no wonder. For any forumite to refer to my good self as sage and gentlemanly was bound to be highly provocative, especially to some of the more sensitive souls on here.

Regarding whether French horses are under- or overbet, I think it depends on the trainer, Gamla and EC1. If Criquette Head is sending one over for the 1000 Gns it is likely to be overbet, but if a trainer is not well known to the British public (as opposed to keen followers like yourselves) the horse might go off at over the odds. This is especially likely if the horse's best form has been at provincial tracks rather than the Paris circuit.

Likewise, horses from Irish trainers outside the big four of O'Brien, Weld, Oxx and Bolger sometimes pass under the radar of the British betting public.

Big gamble going on with the Paul Flynn yard today at the Curragh. Always have to sit up and take note when this happens. 4.55, Boxer Beat halved from 20's to 10's.

Elsewhere, Shukhov to place in the first (6/4), Peahen to place in the second (7/2) and Defining Year to win the 3.45 (11/2) will get my euros.

Last edited:
Mississippi should be good enough first time out to win in opening maiden. 7s is generous.

Big gamble going on with the Paul Flynn yard today at the Curragh. Always have to sit up and take note when this happens. 4.55, Boxer Beat halved from 20's to 10's.

Elsewhere, Shukhov to place in the first (6/4), Peahen to place in the second (7/2) and Defining Year to win the 3.45 (11/2) will get my euros.
Boxer Beat was a tipping line (Pricewise Extra) selection Hezz - that's why he's shortened so much.

Sick of posting on the internet under my own name. Apologies if it was not clear it was me.

Yet another example to show how the betting market has little to no correlation with how a ballydoyle horse runs...

Yet another example to show how the betting market has little to no correlation with how a ballydoyle horse runs...

Homecoming Queen was further proof -was 65 the last time I looked at Betfair-looked like winning in the final furlong
When Rock of GIbraltar ran in the Irish Guineas I think he drifted from 2/5 to 4/5.A few friends of mime stopped one of the Ballydoyle entourage looking to know if the horse had a problem-the reply was that they thought he was a certainty.
I reckon Tibet yesterday was a decent horse but they allowed Joseph to put up 3lbs overweight and it was a drifter in the betting.Sometimes they just seem to have their own agenda.

Homecoming Queen was further proof -was 65 the last time I looked at Betfair-looked like winning in the final furlong
When Rock of GIbraltar ran in the Irish Guineas I think he drifted from 2/5 to 4/5.A few friends of mime stopped one of the Ballydoyle entourage looking to know if the horse had a problem-the reply was that they thought he was a certainty.
I reckon Tibet yesterday was a decent horse but they allowed Joseph to put up 3lbs overweight and it was a drifter in the betting.Sometimes they just seem to have their own agenda.

maybe Curley isn't the only trainer who is hard to read:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back