What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backed Grand Theft Equine win only @ 9.8 in the next at Epsom.

Run well in two Maiden starts to date and both have been run in good times, the favourite is coming off a lay off and looks well worth opposing to me though obviously he has the best form on offer.

thats why i post under 4 different names on here.....you get fed up like..and of course you can use the "other guys" to say nice comments....well done Ec...good pick EC etc ;)

:lol: Only problem is you will post something to upset yourself and end up leaving the forum under a cloud of fury.

Sick of posting on the internet under my own name. Apologies if it was not clear it was me.

Its clear to me as every time you log in using the different ID I get an email :( (yes I do see who has more than one user name :p )

You could have just asked for a user name change :D

Its clear to me as every time you log in using the different ID I get an email :( (yes I do see who has more than one user name :p )

You could have just asked for a user name change :D

Sorry. I was hardly to know. Delete the new account if you want.

And by the way you will get no sympathy for the contents of your inbox on here. Imagine poor Bar The Bull when I had to email him every bet I had!

17:05 Roscommon
Cathodine Cayras @ 20/1 (Boylesports)
I'm in absolutely woeful form at the moment so be wary of that but I saw this filly run at Enghien a couple of weeks ago, she's not the greatest horse you'll ever see and this is quite a speculative bet but....
She's a front runner running at Roscommon - and by front runner I mean that seems to be the only way they ever intend on racing her, the tactics seem to try and pinch 10 lengths at the start and then hope she holds on out in front. Patrice Quinton has only had her for a few starts and at Enghien she jumped badly right-handed out in front (Enghien is a LH track) and was swallowed up by the main field approaching the second last hurdle - after which she was very heavily eased so could probably have finished 4th or 5th if the jockey had wanted to.
IMO they need to teach her to settle rather than effectively letting her bolt and then hoping for the best - I doubt they've managed to do that in the past 10 or so days but a RH track like Roscommon should suit her. She has a heck of a lot of jumping experience and has jumped round the big fences at Auteuil earlier in the year whilst she has won over fences during the Summer in France. I have her on a rating equivalent to 123 whilst the protagonists in this race are rated in the mid to high 130's. As a 4yo filly she gets all the weight allowances and is receiving a minimum of 10lbs from all her rivals, with the best horse on the formbook (Shop DJ) making her Chase debut I think it's worth taking an E/W chance on Cathodine Cayras in this. The main problem could be that Foildubh is also a proven front runner though I doubt it's to the extremes that the selection takes it.
Providing things work out at worst she's a cracking back to lay.

Martin

Had a look at her this morning and may play. The EW snip for me on that card is Lord Jim in the 2yo 7F maiden 3:05. At 8/1 generally available he has a lot of things going for him. Drawn perfectly in box 1 for a horse who likes to race up with the pace, his trainer is in red hot form after his first group race win up the Curragh yesterday, acts on the ground as witnessed by his last race at Listowel where he nearly stole the race.

AOB's horse is the fly in the ointment for the win part of the bet but he has shown signs of not being exactly striaghforward - Ger Lyon's horse goes in cheekpieces for the first time and had had his chances and may not go on the ground, Beau Amadeus has also had his problems getting his head in front and the Weld horse seems to be heading the handicap route.

He'll do for me..

Last edited:
I believe Absolutelyfantastic is fancied in the first at Gowran-will be having an interest at 5/4 guaranteed.

I believe Absolutelyfantastic is fancied in the first at Gowran-will be having an interest at 5/4 guaranteed.

What do you think of Zanughan in the group 3 at Dundalk - if he is anything like they thought he was he should hack up - talk me out of a max bet...

Last edited:
Solar Sky must be a max bet at 4s in the listed race at Ascot. His form with Namibian is very good, and he can be forgiven a disappointing run behind the Leger winner.

Nice start -unbelieveable price.I backed the second horse at 30 on Betfair as a saver-I couldn't stay away from the machine this weekend.
How did it look?.

Nice start -unbelieveable price.I backed the second horse at 30 on Betfair as a saver-I couldn't stay away from the machine this weekend.
How did it look?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back