What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised Grab The Glory is not favourite in the opener at Fontwell. His form is as good as anything in the race and his stable like having winners here. At 7-2 he looks a fair bet.

Correction, now a general 3-1.

Second edit: Now 9-4, the money has come for him

mistake at last lost it..unlucky

I was surprised Grab The Glory is not favourite in the opener at Fontwell. His form is as good as anything in the race and his stable like having winners here. At 7-2 he looks a fair bet.

Correction, now a general 3-1.

Second edit: Now 9-4, the money has come for him

Unlucky their egg!

Going to play up Swedish Chefs winnings today with horses whom I think will act best on the heavy ground today at Tipp.

Jills Ballet hasnt many miles on the clock and obviously has had her difficulties but is on a hat trick and could be a serious improver only ten pounds higher for two nice recent wins. She has won on soft and being by Imperial Ballet should relish conditions. Many of these including my original fancy Crystal Morning are unproven or have shown a dislike for these conditions.

Bay Knight is a speculative selection in a tight looking G3. He was just run out of it last weekend in similar conditions and has been a revelation since Ken Condon has sorted his stall issues. Has won coming from miles off the pace previously but his more recent forcing tactics have been very effective and again most (including those shorter in the market) will not act on this ground.

JB 7/1
BK 13/2
Beware there will be plenty of non runners

Sole Power is a difficult horse to get right, but today might be another of his big days. He seems to need 5f, decent ground, a level track with no big gradients or undulations and a strong pace. He should have all of that today.

Agree with all that. All things considered he seems a decent price today. It's a dodgy race though with a history of shock results so stakes are small.

Jill's Ballet non runner - All in Bay Knight

Does anybody know anything about Announce in the Prix de L'Opera - I giving Banimpire a decent chance here but am holding off as Announce seems to have been well supported all morning.

Not a tip but I'll be having a small interest in Iris's Flyer in 5:10 Huntingdon.

This horse is pretty one-paced but does travel well and trainer Barry Leavy does well in low grade races at this track with 3 wins from 9 runs in 5 years plus a couple of nice priced places. he's also using his go to jockey at this track - Danny Cook.

The 4:15 Novice Chase Huntingdon should be fun to watch, with none of the runners naturally bred to be Jumpers of fences and two decent front runners in Australia Day and Ultimate likely to be going hell for leather. Brian Ellison is very upbeat about Ultimate saying he's been electric over fences at home, while Australia Day would be giving this field the best part of 2 stone in a h'cap hurdle race and at 5/4 looks great value but trainer says on his website;

"We launch a ‘mad’ one today!
ALL TYPES of National Hunt racing are always exhilarating to watch, but for me the most exciting type of horse to watch and, for me to occasionally have ridden, is the two mile chaser. The only place to view the Queen Mother's Champion Chase at Cheltenham is close up by one of the last three fences. Two mile chasers are so exciting but also often just that tiny bit mad!

We launch a 'mad' one at Huntingdon today as Australia Day makes his debut over fences. 'Skippy' does nothing in half measures and to watch him and Denis O'Regan school together this week was as dramatic as it gets! Denis summed up the schooling session by calmly stating: "Well, I think he prefers to go 'long' !" The handicapper has collared this horse on the flat and over hurdles, so it is time to go chasing and at least for the first time since Royal Ascot, he will have his preferred conditions, going right-handed on fast ground. This will be horribly exciting, just hope Skippy's show lasts at least 3mins 38secs!":lol:

Got to leave this race alone but a must watch.

4.15 will be fast and furious Chef..4 front runners including AD

gonna have 30 bob and a rabbit on teh 2 outsiders,,who will like the pace

Not a tip but I'll be having a small interest in Iris's Flyer in 5:10 Huntingdon.

This horse is pretty one-paced but does travel well and trainer Barry Leavy does well in low grade races at this track with 3 wins from 9 runs in 5 years plus a couple of nice priced places. he's also using his go to jockey at this track - Danny Cook.

Iris's does it nicely :D

Navan today looks interesting to say the least. Hidden Universe at 13/8 looks a super price...was expecting a shade of odds on. Possible all is not well, but you pay your money and take your chance! He may well win at around 2/1 so guaranteed prices a must!

The fillies and colts maidens look very informative. O'Brien is mob handed with beautifully bred thoroughbreds...I like the look of Wickham Street in the colts and the filly out of Gwynn in the fillies maiden. Demi O'Byrne paid a lot for another out of Gwynn there at Goffs last week so that may be significant. Maybe not either! The market will be hugely significant...usually a decent colt wins the C&G maiden.

Navan today looks interesting to say the least. Hidden Universe at 13/8 looks a super price...was expecting a shade of odds on. Possible all is not well, but you pay your money and take your chance! He may well win at around 2/1 so guaranteed prices a must!

The fillies and colts maidens look very informative. O'Brien is mob handed with beautifully bred thoroughbreds...I like the look of Wickham Street in the colts and the filly out of Gwynn in the fillies maiden. Demi O'Byrne paid a lot for another out of Gwynn there at Goffs last week so that may be significant. Maybe not either! The market will be hugely significant...usually a decent colt wins the C&G maiden.

nice call. Hope you put HU and the filly in a double!

Thanks lads...two nice performances from HU and Kissed! We all need our good days, they're few and far between! That other Gwynn filly is due for sale in the upcoming Tatts sale so maybe I'm pre-empting what will inevitably happen!

I'm going to stick with Wickham Street, the opening show will tell a lot though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back