What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough luck SJ. Ran a sound race.

I might be a bit harsh but possibly the jockey won the race.

Thought the winner was the danger 10lbs better in than lto gave it a chance through High Resolution, the horses sire stats on the AW put me off backing it as a saver!

Silly Billy does look the type of horse you'd want to lay at odds on, good luck EC1, Just call mehadsomes 4th to Tatting btn just over 4 lengths would give it an EW chance in this dire race.

Cheers Dan, much appreciated.

Every winner at Wolverhampton yesterday was no more than a length off the pace, the kick back was horrendous.

I have to give Headstight another chance on this slower ground, has a big weightpull with Pull the Pin on Beverley form, PTP 3rd, HT 4th a sh/hd behind from a much worse draw. EW bet for me and a saver on the Stablemate Irish Girls Spirit in case the ground isn't too slow.

I could only back Tee It Up Tommo with some support.

Gone from 8.6 into 5.6. Problem is, is just market manipulation to get the trades.

Backed it regardless although I thought the jockey would be better off using claim in pro race.

other bet tonight is Byron Gala in the 7.10..Botti red hot in maidens here at this time of year and the maiden this one ran in was won by a very smart horse..the 4th has come out and won at 12/1 since

Embarrassed to admit I made 1 penny profit on race, before commission. Went 1.62 for some unknown reason, finishing 3rd.

Good to see you back posting Doomster.

After this flat season I'll need a sabatical too.. or a nurse.:)

Last edited:
Cheers HR.

Triple Dream looks past it and is 0/9 at track but is consistent here, although on better ground.

Still worth a try at 36.0 with trades @ 6.4/2.12/1.23/1.08, in the hope he gets a prominent pitch at least.

this surface is all over the place at Wolves..one day its standard..another its slow

these are the track speeds recently,,in lbs per mile fast or slow

12/9/13 -35
13/9/13 -36
16/9/13 -17
20/9/13 -3
21/9/13 -14
27/9/13 -13
28/9/13 -5
3/10/13 -3
4/10/13 -5
5/10/13 +2
7/10/13 -27

so just when it looks like its settling down..it nose dives back down to 27 slow..hard to read..they are still calling it standard now though when its nearly as slow as it was in September

tonight it looks like its similar to yesterday again

Last edited:
Triple Dream looks past it and is 0/9 at track but is consistent here, although on better ground.

2nd @ 33/1, but got no trades.

Feel sick about the winner at 10.1, as I thought it was around 5.0 when I looked.

this surface is all over the place at Wolves..one day its standard..another its slow

I thought as much when I read this:

Richard Hughes has been critical of the surface since it was partly relaid and said:"It's horrible."
By Andrew King, live from Wolverhampton (AW) 56 mins ago

My concern for Byron Gala now is getting stuck behind and facing the kickback. Possibly best dropping right out and coming 4 wide, if Modern Art and Istraamaar chase the early pace.

Good luck EC.

I thought as much when I read this:

My concern for Byron Gala now is getting stuck behind and facing the kickback. Possibly best dropping right out and coming 4 wide, if Modern Art and Istraamaar chase the early pace.

Good luck EC.

they fancied it according to the betting and its run a poor one

this kick back is now a joke..in fact until the surface is sorted its pointless bothering as you just do not know how horses are going to react to the kick back

it will be interesting to see how fossola goes on in the next..last time it ran here the surface was a lot quicker..even though they called it stdslow..it will be running on a slower surface tonight..will probably lay it at odds on on this surface

Thought Fossola was a good thing here with experience of this bad surface but Singspiels have an excellent record on slow polytrack, so backed Willhana @ 6.0, with a stake saver on the fav.

29 8 27.59% 94.63 12 41.38%

Last edited:
Thought Fossola was a good thing here with experience of this bad surface but Singspiels have an excellent record on slow polytrack, so backed Willhana @ 6.0, with a stake saver on the fav.

like i said..surface was a lot quicker on the 20th...tonight its 27 slow..then it was 3 slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back