What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
last race would normally be an interesting pace play..colincas and ultimate will go at it and maybe a couple of others..the interesting hold up horse is Fallon's All the winds

i'd normally play it but if it hates that lot in its face you are screwed

i've slung on a tenner on at 21.0..i'll kick mesen if it won with nowt on

Last edited:
I've simply looked at sire stats on slow ground, but I haven't had time to filter out Southwell, whether that is relevant or not.

Played four horses that would dutch at 7/4, but scakled down the stakes on Sir Boss @ 60.0 and Ultimate @ 42.0.

The other two are Wybourne @ 5.4 and Lyric street @ 6.8.

The fav is ok sire wise, but the figure is related to Royal Alcor itself.

that race highlights whats jockeys are trying to do to avoid the kickback..Fallon takes the horse wide all the way round to avoid the kickback..loses many lengths on each bend and loses by a few street lengths

you have to sit in the pack on a hold up..and then its 50/50 if the horse will handle all the **** being kicked up

until it changes i'm giving wolves a wide berth i think

I initially thought Wyborne got a sensible ride who was a few lengths in front of Fallon, but as you say it's a tough ask around 12f.

I had a ??? against Azrag's sire on the ground on account of only 7 runs. If I'd had the time to filter it down single figure runners, it would have resulted in 1/1 @ 13/2, which was the sires last runner, 10 days ago at Wolver.

until it changes i'm giving wolves a wide berth i think

Probably worth a pop at in running lays if there is any money there, especially if there are reasonable field sizes.

6.10 Kempton

Knight's Parade

Amanda Perrett is 3/5 in claimers here at this time of year..Hughes booked..looks primed for a big run..6.8 taken

Kem 7.10 Sahara Desert . Place lay @ 2.6

Was hoping for a shorter price for the Stoute/ Moore combo, but I'm still taking it on. Will probably trade bigger early on and stay on but I won't be putting any chicken trades in.

Looked earlier at a Ryan Moore combo bet, but his actual win SR at the track ain't that great, although his place record is good.

This was the horses that put me off the place part of the bet; sire does poorly here and should really need a fast run 7f to get into the places.

amanda perrett does even better in maidens by the looks of it

She knew she was on to you EC, so threw in the double bluff.

The three market leaders failed to place but SD still failed finishing around 7th I think.

Kem 9.10 Hail Promenader. Win @ 6.6 ( lay stake back ir @ 2.12/1.23/1.05)

Has to reverse form with Moment In the Sun off only 1lb better terms but the booking of the 7lb claimer looks a positive to me, with Carson at the track. Trainer also had a very good day already.

Had to have a saver on First Peninsula @ 17.5 on h/capdebut in dreadful race.

Taken from - http://jumpingprospects.co.uk/

Exeter

2.20 Twelve Roses 7/4 - ideal conditions 2 1/2m - 3m on good/ g/soft. Also gets a write up in Paul Ferguson Jumpers To Follow http://www.cc-publishing.co.uk/ by jockey jockey Nick Scholfield.
http://www.kimbaileyracing.com/baileys-blog/ Twelve Roses runs in the first (his half sister won the bumper yesterday at Towcester) and must have an outstanding chance. We have always liked TR and his form is rock solid.. he is on a good mark of 119 and frankly he needs to go close.

Worcester

3.30 Our Kaempfer ? 11/8 / 6/4 would be a fair price - 2m+ g/soft - trainer says, "He is a good looking individual, who made one appearance between the flags when finishing third in a four-year-old maiden on soft ground at Tallow in February. On face value he was very highly thought of and expected to win that race, but could only finish third. However, he came back sick and has since joined us and we have given him a good summer break. Prior to his debut, I had tracked this horse and watched him work on a couple of visits to Ireland. He will probably start his British career in a bumper and then go over hurdles."

Trainer has won this race twice in last 3 years.

Ayr 4.40 Another For Joe

I haven't been following the betting but it looks like I may have missed some double-figure odds about this one. It isn't a race I'd normally look at but it's a series final and they tend to attract triers so I started looking at the form. I got as far as this horse and stopped as it looks a fair shout without going on any further. That's a tad dangerous but it seems Jim Goldie has done a fine job of keeping this one's mark down. I'm wary of a few dangers above him on account of their being ridden by smart apprentices to back up their form claims but if the selection can run to its peak summer form he is handicapped to win a strong Class 3 race. I had to settle for 15/2 but that would have been acceptable to me as a best price at 9am. Well done anyone who got the big odds early (win or lose, right Slim?)

Ayr 4.40 Another For Joe

I haven't been following the betting but it looks like I may have missed some double-figure odds about this one. It isn't a race I'd normally look at but it's a series final and they tend to attract triers so I started looking at the form. I got as far as this horse and stopped as it looks a fair shout without going on any further. That's a tad dangerous but it seems Jim Goldie has done a fine job of keeping this one's mark down. I'm wary of a few dangers above him on account of their being ridden by smart apprentices to back up their form claims but if the selection can run to its peak summer form he is handicapped to win a strong Class 3 race. I had to settle for 15/2 but that would have been acceptable to me as a best price at 9am. Well done anyone who got the big odds early (win or lose, right Slim?)

Yes you gotta love Jim Goldie at Ayr - he's done very well there this year and wouldn't surprise me if he was top trainer at the meeting. I've landed a couple of nice f/c's with his runners there this season and will be doing singles and f/c's on all his runners today - good luck

7.40 Kempton

3 with a chance in this but sire stats point to:

First Warning looking the most likely winner..sire Rail Link does very well here 11/52 and a very good AE of 1.35.

Mahdiyah's sire does poorly here with fillies..5/89 with an AE 0.47...and in mixed gender races 3/65 with an AE 0.38

Devon Drum's sire here is 4/95 with geldings .. AE of 0.39. Webber's record on the AW in maiden racers is 1/23 AE 0.58

First Warning...3.5 taken

Last edited:
First Warning...3.5 taken

Well done EC.

Kem 8.10 Rock Of Ages @ 11.0

poor race with if's and but's about the whole field but this looks a fair price with only one h/cap run and worth the risk of seeing out the 2miles. The combination of cheap purchase and trainer look to be the driver in drift of the price.

she had the winner of your race i notice..stable in good form

Yeah, 4 from 5 in the last 2 days ain't bad. Should have really factored in some improvement back at Kempton.

Nothing out until Sunday.

He's No Saint 7.50 Dundalk

Was impressive the last day and will give the Ballydoyle hotpot something serious to think about. I'm not a fan of Giovanni at all tonight...horse he beat FTO Atlantic Sea was shown up by the selection the last day. I'd fancy a win lay on Giovanni to kick start the weekend.

8.10 Wolves

I was going to put up Memphis Magic as a win bet here but is trading at 13 now so fair to say its not a goer. I think Varian's horse will probably win but wouldn't be surprised at an outsider. The reason I'm interested in the race is the fav Icon Dance has very poor sire stats on the AW..in fact a sixties Icon has just been beaten in the 5.40 when fancied

so have had a decent lay on Icon Dance at 2.28

Last edited:
the Wolves track is riding faster than recent slogs tonight..the last meeting was 20lb per mile slow...tonight its timing at just 3lb slow..so its standard

Should send an email to the clerk. Ask him, why exactly is it going like that? Get him to explain/justify the kickback I hear about. At least we'd know what to expect, maybe. Pisser as I love Wolves.

Got 325 win on woodsophiesmile at Dundalk. 10-30 in corals this mornin

Should send an email to the clerk. Ask him, why exactly is it going like that? Get him to explain/justify the kickback I hear about. At least we'd know what to expect, maybe. Pisser as I love Wolves.

they are having some type of review of the track this weekend i think Chris...after the many complaints

its like they are trying different harrowing depths each meeting...why they don't keep it at least the same as it is tonight i don't know..it'll probably be slow next meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back