What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Framed Masterpiece Win & Place

I mentioned Luke Morris having a decent day earlier and this was one of those possibles.

The dilemma is the trainer. Awful strike rate and a maiden S?R of 3%.

I complicated the issue even further by checking if he had previously sent his maidens to similar maidens to this one and the last one has a rating of 39 !!

However, sending this horse to Newmarket and Haydock maidens then in to this, really makes no sense with regard to getting a low mark.

FM's sire has a similar strike rate to that of the fav on fibresand (22%), the horse is an expensive purchase in relation to what he has in stable, the horses form looks enough to get placed and the trainer's form does improve when looking at his single figure runners.

It looks a case of change the trainers name and it would be much shorter.

Rather than go each way @ 9/1, taken some early place money to top up later with a smaller win bet when it should hopefully drift.

quality call Doom

missed it..at work:(

I thought it was your type of bet EC.

Interesting the fav in the next maiden at Wolver finished behind Framed Masterpiece in the Newmarket maiden. don't think it's a 4?5 shot win or lose.

I knew they had problems with the surface but is this true regarding fibresand going down ?

Rod Millman Quote.

"That surface has received a lot of criticism in recent weeks and rightly so, the mix of Fibresand on top of Polytrack is causing an inconsistent surface that a lot of horses don't seem to be handling.
"Hopefully that is the reason why he has run so badly the last twice but he has dropped to a mark of 50, this looks a very weak race and it will be disappointing if he isn't in the three."
By James Burn, live from Southwell (AW) 2 hours ago

This 5.00 was a watching race for me, as I really thought the Prescott horse looked strong, but too short.

The one thing I remember about the Mel Brittain stable from years ago was how he has huge peaks and troughs in his performers. When I was doing jury service years ago, I popped into the bookies and he bag a huge priced double with a couple of placers as well.

He could well be on one of those runs and it's strange Brockfield is tried on p/t at 7yo.

I'm happy to ignore last run and at 30/5.2 W&P is a bet for me to small money.

Your moneys moved the market Doomster!

I think it was a case of simply being overpriced on form. Ran well but beaten by CP's pick.

At least a made a bit on the win market as well, hitting 1.7.

Went odds on IR Doomster, must have made a few quid?

Got my stake back 5 times SJ leaving me with just under a 24/1 shot if it won.

Went a bit heavy on the laybacks after I got stung in the bumper at Lingfield.

Backed Holy Veil to place @ 8.0 with trades at 2.12 and 1.05, simply on the fact it was the only horse that looked suited to the surface.

I knew there was a lump of lard on top but thought she may trade shorter.

It was that far behind it was out of camera shot but crossed line 3rd/4th, but last price matched was 1.04, so thought she had got it.

Finished 4th.

I think that Shirazz has landed a few punts.

In running layers probably got stung by Baker's riding style as went big odds, but travelled really well.

After slagging off Luke Morris yesterday, I do actually think he's in for a good day.

Fantasy Gladiator looked to be fairly priced last night @ 11/2 (10p R4).

Last run can be upgraded, even though he may be better at Kempton.

I do have concerns about c/p's off and Quinn not riding, but if the track is riding the same as yesterday in the early races, I'm laying the bet off as the hold up's had little chance.

Won very easily at 9/2.

Mel Brittain's horses for today now reads: 1st,4th,2nd,3rd.

Considered a dutch on Bogsnog and Relight My Fire, but Steelstockholder will no doubt scupper it, so calling it a day.

Ling 12.00 One Penny Piece Win @ 2.96

This looks a drifter so I've probably got this one wrong, as I had it down as a 5/4 shot last night, yet chunks of £20's kept going up at 2.6 last night on Daq. I don't like putting shorties up, but I'm all over this one, hopefully with more on at the above price, commi free.

Fairly simplistic, but:

Best trainer in the field this season and at track.

Best jockey in the field this season and at track. Last two rides winners at 12/1 & 20/1.

Last two runs seem fair enough, has a record of 2/6. I've overlooked the RP comment about the lay off, as she did win on debut.

Only horse in the field with a win left handed.

Trainer does very well in selling/claiming company and actually outperforms Evans in this grade.

El Duque has very little chance on a line through See Me Sometime, at the weights.

Caroline's Beach and Rose Buck are open to improvememt, but I just cannot see them running to a mark around the mid to high 60's to win this.

Seacheval does have a squeak, but Jones cannot do the weight and the c/p's really must have an effect, only receiving 2/3lb from the front two.

That leaves us with the Evans runner ( a trainer a can never grasp), with Intense Feeling. Does hold a chance just on her last Lingfield run, but she is possibly better on turf (even fibresand) and I just feel the price differential and the 5lb claim, makes OPP a fair bet.

Both trainers know exactly were they stand with each others recent runners, so I really would expect the on course market to give us some clues.

Two bets at Lingfield [BOG]

1.30-Quadriga @ 7-2 [Stan James] Win...Trainer under rated

3.30-Teide Peak @ 7-1 [Bet 365] Each Way..Proven in this type of race

1.50 Warwick - Blue Button's.

Harry Fry speaks highly of her & is quoted as saying if she progresses as he expects, she could end up in the mares final at Newbury. If that's the case, she should be up to landing a blow here. Fell at the first on debut a week ago, i expect she is none the worse for it otherwise they wouldn't be running her so soon. A long as that fall hasn't damaged her confidence, she should run into the places here. I feel 8-1 is over priced.

So what are the chances of my dark horse winning today? Mollys a diva

Good luck Aldaniti. Jumps is something I can't comment on.

I took it a bit personally when OPP still drifted, but she did it nicely. Wouldn't be surprised if Evan's tried to claim it.

Ling 2.00 Norphin W&P @ 12/3.5

Small bet on this bad race. 3yo with few miles on the clock and last run can be discounted.

SIRIUS PROSPECT 6.30 KEMPTON

Graphic steps up in grade but his speed figures suggest he can handle this but at his price I will pass him over for Sirius Prospect who has form in Group races. Since the application of the hood and Rob Winston this horse has been on the up. Form figures of 411505 don’t tell much of a story but last time he was 6ls behind Slade Power who had been second in the Betfred Sprint Cup and third in the July Cup. Second was Jack Dexter who went on to win the Wentworth Stakes and had been fourth beaten 1.5ls in the Kings Stand. Viztoria was third who won the Park Stakes, Sirius Prospect fifth, and was sixth in the Coronation Stakes. Fourth was Hoof It who was third in the Betfred Sprint Cup.
He has to find a bit with Graphic and Tullius on official figures but Sirius Prospect is a decent price here and should return a profit to each way money.

Might just squeeze this in. Got 8/1 e/w.Xinbaba in next at Kempton (16:30)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back