What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best bet of the night isn't a great price but will win imo...Castilo De Diablo in the 6.40

the key to his good chance is looking at how the other hold up horses did afterwards in that race..a race that wasn't run to suit finishers behind catomountain

Voodoo Prince..just beat in a 16k race
Icebuster..5th in a 18k race

Castilo was last at a point in Catomountain's race and was poorly drawn but beat those two other hold up horses comfy..now faces easier oppo than they subsequently did and will get a decent pace to run at here

Last edited:
i'm with you EC.

even if ignored last run and just based it on previous run at Kempton, he looks a solid pick.

no..not enough pace on ..and he's thought taking them on is the only option..needs a good pace..next time will win with more pace horses..probably get decent odds as well

i often find that when a trainer has a fancied loser..he annoyingly pops up with a winner later in the card..so have had a bit on Birdman in the next and Apostle in the last

no..not enough pace on ..and he's thought taking them on is the only option..needs a good pace..next time will win with more pace horses..probably get decent odds as well

It was much slower than the previous 0-85 per f, but I really thought the run behind Seal Of Approval would have been good enough, as that was off a slow pace.

Specialagent Aflie 3:50 Ascot E/W

The outsider of the 9 runner field here on the early shows and ran an awful race last time, so in that sense a leap of faith required to back him. However, it was his first run back, and that run behind Court Minstrel last season should allow him to win one of these races sooner or later.

Specialagent Alfie and Court Minstrel pulled about 8 lengths clear when finishing 1st and 2nd at Plumpton in a valuable hurdle last season, the latter went on to beat the Greatwood Hurdle runner up Sametegal in the Scottish Champion hurdle and finished a decent 7th himself last Sunday.

So that form is solid, it just depends on whether that first run was just a blow out or lack of fitness or something I suppose.

Last edited:
Ascot 3.15 - Night Alliance. Won well last time and can follow up.

Ascot 3.50 - Milord. Ran well in the Fred Winter in March and second to a decent sort last time. Kim Bailey positive on his blog about this one today and I can't see that he's a 12-1 shot.

Haydock 2.30 - Shotgun Paddy. Should be clear favourite in my book and rates a decent bet at 5-2.

Greywell Boy in the 2.40 at Ascot. He plugged on nicely at the same track over slightly shorter at the start of the month despite two or three jumping errors (may have needed the race) and I think he is still on a winning mark (127)

Anyone like stats :)

Super Villan 2-15. Ffos Las

Trainer Mark Bradstock and jockey Nico de Boinville have a 100% record when teaming up at Ffos Las (three wins from three runners for a profit of £10.38 to £1 level stakes.)

Ascot 3.15 - Night Alliance. Won well last time and can follow up.

Ascot 3.50 - Milord. Ran well in the Fred Winter in March and second to a decent sort last time. Kim Bailey positive on his blog about this one today and I can't see that he's a 12-1 shot.

Haydock 2.30 - Shotgun Paddy. Should be clear favourite in my book and rates a decent bet at 5-2.

5-1 winner and a 16-1 third place. Not a bad day.

Rapid Heat Lad worth a small e/w for me in the 5:10 at Wolves, horse has won 2/3 races after a break and comes into this race after a well needed one!
Only a 4yo, got new head gear on and I think he's a good price in a trappy affair.

Last edited:
I thought that Pim Street was an easy winner last week 1st time up for O'Meara and looking back through its previous runs in Ireland ran much better than finishing position suggests and by Street Sense this AW surface would seem to suit better. Outlaw Torn should run better if not being driven hard from the front tonight and is an EW chance imo.

Two I like at Lingers tomorrow/today.

2:35 Triple Dream
3:45 Dixie Gwalia.

GL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back