What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another small bet on Perfect Cracker @ 9.0, although not totally certain he will get trip off a break.

Decent mark.

Kempton 6.00 Trinity Lorraine W&P @ 19.0/4.2

One of those races were you could lay the whole field, as I really don't fancy anything.

TL may just scrape a place on the basis of her last run, were she improved for the artificial surface but looked in need of further.

Jockey is a bit of a negative for me but the filly only has 8.01.

SIRIUS PROSPECT 6.30 KEMPTON

Graphic steps up in grade but his speed figures suggest he can handle this but at his price I will pass him over for Sirius Prospect who has form in Group races. Since the application of the hood and Rob Winston this horse has been on the up. Form figures of 411505 don’t tell much of a story but last time he was 6ls behind Slade Power who had been second in the Betfred Sprint Cup and third in the July Cup. Second was Jack Dexter who went on to win the Wentworth Stakes and had been fourth beaten 1.5ls in the Kings Stand. Viztoria was third who won the Park Stakes, Sirius Prospect fifth, and was sixth in the Coronation Stakes. Fourth was Hoof It who was third in the Betfred Sprint Cup.
He has to find a bit with Graphic and Tullius on official figures but Sirius Prospect is a decent price here and should return a profit to each way money.

Great stuff, well done.

Last edited:
Well deserved Rod and thanks.:thumbsup:

The only regret I have is I had Big Whisky as one to follow after last run in a class. Totally screwed up h/cap mark now.

SIRIUS PROSPECT 6.30 KEMPTON

Graphic steps up in grade but his speed figures suggest he can handle this but at his price I will pass him over for Sirius Prospect who has form in Group races. Since the application of the hood and Rob Winston this horse has been on the up. Form figures of 411505 don’t tell much of a story but last time he was 6ls behind Slade Power who had been second in the Betfred Sprint Cup and third in the July Cup. Second was Jack Dexter who went on to win the Wentworth Stakes and had been fourth beaten 1.5ls in the Kings Stand. Viztoria was third who won the Park Stakes, Sirius Prospect fifth, and was sixth in the Coronation Stakes. Fourth was Hoof It who was third in the Betfred Sprint Cup.
He has to find a bit with Graphic and Tullius on official figures but Sirius Prospect is a decent price here and should return a profit to each way money.

quality :cool:

Kempton 5.40 Escape To Glory. win. Currently 13/2 best/ 9.0
Gracious George saver @ 16/1.

I think this is likely to drift, on account of him being a possible trip doubt, so will watch the market before throwing my cash in.

Similar to the Jean Turpin horse last week, this is a case of " trainer travel" taking the eye, rather than the horses form chance.

Horse does not actually stand out formwise. 0/10 since going to Dods for 72K, it is the fact he's actually bothering to come here, that interests me. He has only traveled to the Kempton a/w track on 7 occasions in the last 5 years, but they were all in the summer season. Trainers are creatures of habit so it's just a case of finding the angle. It may turn out he will start campaining them more often with new new prize money structure, but I'm guessing it's more to do with this horse.

All 10 runs for Dods have been on turf, but has a poly track win as a 3yo ( unraced at 2yo), then followed that up with a series of fair a/w runs, all at shorter distances than today's mile. A quick look at the sire shows him 11/50: 22% on polytack, so it does make sense to try the surface.

The big issue is trip and the possibility that they could be looking for a drop into 0-75 company, as he was raised 1lb for last run. Having mentioned the trainers lack of runners here and the style of his last run, I do think it's a genuine attempt to get a win out of the beast.

Of the 3yo's, Swift Cedar initially made most appeal for me off a short break (although Crowley has probably over looked this one in favour of Maverick), but Gracious George is closely matched with him and does have the benefit of consistent track form, so probably worth a saver at the current16/1. This could be a freshner, with a view to dropping him back to 7f, but does look a fair price.

I'm happy enough to oppose Naz and Soaring Spirits, both out of Tamayuz whose p/t stats are moderate.

Last edited:
Kempton 5.40 Escape To Glory. win. Currently 13/2 best/ 9.0
Gracious George saver @ 16/1.

I think this is likely to drift, on account of him being a possible trip doubt, so will watch the market before throwing my cash in.

Similar to the Jean Turpin horse last week, this is a case of " trainer travel" taking the eye, rather than the horses form chance.

Horse does not actually stand out formwise. 0/10 since going to Dods for 72K, it is the fact he's actually bothering to come here, that interests me. He has only traveled to the Kempton a/w track on 7 occasions in the last 5 years, but they were all in the summer season. Trainers are creatures of habit so it's just a case of finding the angle. It may turn out he will start campaining them more often with new new prize money structure, but I'm guessing it's more to do with this horse.

All 10 runs for Dods have been on turf, but has a poly track win as a 3yo ( unraced at 2yo), then followed that up with a series of fair a/w runs, all at shorter distances than today's mile. A quick look at the sire shows him 11/50: 22% on polytack, so it does make sense to try the surface.

The big issue is trip and the possibility that they could be looking for a drop into 0-75 company, as he was raised 1lb for last run. Having mentioned the trainers lack of runners here and the style of his last run, I do think it's a genuine attempt to get a win out of the beast.

Of the 3yo's, Swift Cedar initially made most appeal for me off a short break (although Crowley has probably over looked this one in favour of Maverick), but Gracious George is closely matched with him and does have the benefit of consistent track form, so probably worth a saver at the current16/1. This could be a freshner, with a view to dropping him back to 7f, but does look a fair price.

I'm happy enough to oppose Naz and Soaring Spirits, both out of Tamayuz whose p/t stats are moderate.

Good luck. I know connections quite fancy Maverik to run well.

Cheers Ricko.

ETG is still drifting, so still haven't backed it yet, so I've still got options to play with Maverick as well, even trading the Gracious George bet out who has halved in price, but I don't think even I'm that much of chicken.

Kempton 4.10 Electric Qatar to place @ 1.91 minimum.

I'm ready for hibernation if this one fails. :whistle:

Pretty bland picking on odds shot, but the market should be pretty active with at least 6 possible placers.

If it gets placed I will start a separate thread, if it fails I will forget it existed.

Did a search on Dascombe, Osborne and Nicholls in this grade race at 4/1 or lower at the track. The former is excellent, the latter fair and Osborne pretty poor.

Dascombe has had 8/14 for an 8.5 profit, which in itself gives you win/ew options, but 13 of those all placed, with the one failure coming 2nd in a 4 runner race beaten by the 6/4 fav. (Just double checked and there was a n/r, so it is actually 14/14.)

He's either been lucky or astute at getting them in at the right weight each time.

Rothsay Dancer confuses things as the trainer never had a claimer here, but I'm only looking for the place anyway.

Steelcut has a great record in this type of race, but was rated 10lb higher when mopping them up.

A concern would be his record around here going right handed, but they looked much tougher races and he does have a decent draw for a front runner.

Last edited:
An interesting move for Divine Call in that race, wouldn't immediately jump off the page as a likely winner but maybe they know something we don't.

Kempton 4.10 Electric Qatar to place @ 1.91 minimum.

I'm ready for hibernation if this one fails.

That was a very nervy place, finishing 3rd.

Not pushing this place only betting but the 1st 3 in the market in the 5.10 look overbet to me, making Trulee Scrumptious looking value @ 9.6/2.58.

The fact her last run was on bad ground and misleading may be true, but she does have enough polytrack form to get in the frame.

Pretty Bubbles probably gets the vote on trainer form, but not keen on sire.

I think the run of Memphis Magic could be misleading behind a Godolphin horse and another sire that does not appeal..

No Win No Fee simply dosent deserve to be half the price of TS.

Clary and Clear Lock look regressive.

Not pushing this place only betting but the 1st 3 in the market in the 5.10 look overbet to me, making Trulee Scrumptious looking value @ 9.6/2.58.

Again got a nervy 3rd.

Well done Ricko and ATD.

Crowley outstanding yet again. Nice to make money backing two losers.

Cheers.

Jim has landed some nice touches recently, I'm also on clockmaker in the 7.10 in doubles with maverick. Crowley could be on my Xmas card list with this one

1.12 £522 £240

Guess who never got matched in running on Tasrih at 1.12.

I'm still hitting the refresh button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back