What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've backed Gullinbursti as well Suny, hope you're right.

Kicking myself for missing the 10-1 yesterday but 7-1 is still fair.

DRUMSHAMBO 3.15 ASCOT

Five of the previous seven winners of this race came from either the Open meeting at Cheltenham or the previous Ascot meeting.

Six of the seven winners of this event had won a race over the larger obstacles over this distance. Every winner had won a steeplechase over 20.5f or 21f

Five of the seven winners had an official rating of 142 or higher. Every winner was rated 136 or higher.

Drumshambo scores on all three trends here and though he has a career high mark, this is likely to be his last opportunity in this grade. He is 8-20 over 16f-17f and 6-11 in fields of 7 or less runners. Combine the two criteria and his record reads 6-8 with two seconds. He is tactically adept and he will take a lot of beating today.

SHOCKINGTIMES is fancied to run well again today. Not quite the touch of last time, but a good e/w chance again.

Huntingdon 12.00 Taffy Dare 5pts win 15.0 - in running lay at 4.0 for stake back - horse went lame in last run last season - trainer says she's always showed plenty at home - finished in front of Woodland Walk on penultimate run NHF race and that horse is 4.4 - has a line on fav Kayfleur with his horse Avispa who doesn't warrant a mention in his stable tour. T.D. could be a value bet.

ARKAIM in the 1:10 at Huntingdon, I think he's a few pounds ahead of his mark

Well done MF.

Watching matched so just followed the in running screen. Seemed to take an age to finish.

Big drift on Captain Gee in the 5.50, but I have dipped my toe in the water @ 13.5, with a view to watching the market and topping up if any support. If he drifts further, I will sit tight and try and trade off for an even money profit in running.

It really is a sh*t or bust bet, as the sire appears to be all speed with nearly all the sire's wins coming over 5f. The rare exception to the Captain Gerrard progeny is the other runner in the field who has already got two 7f wins.

I really think CG will improve for polytrack, but I'm pinning my hopes on the dam influence, who has a great record on polytack and gets winners at up to a mile.

Hard to really know about the 7lb claimer, but he's got two winners for stable and only carries 8-03. On the flip side, he may simply be a learning exercise to get down the h/cap, but the current price is appealing, for a horse who really hasn't had the ideal conditions.

6.20 Little Big Man[NAP]..should carry a couple of these and still win..best bet tonight...a wedge on at 3.55

then i'm feet up and watching the telly..Doctor Who later:cool:

Crap.

I've place laid it @ 1.84.

Untried at trip and I really don't like the jockey.

Not sure what I have running for me though.

Note to myself. Remember what I said 3 days ago.

Best jockey in the field this season and at track. Last two rides winners at 12/1 & 20/1.

1 Rite To Reign 50/1
2 Dragoon Guard 3/1
3 Fine Vintage 7/2

The only concern would be that he has had only one run over hurdles,this track should suit him better he is a chaser in the making... still he should win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back