What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMIR PASHA 2.20 SEDGEFIELD

Amir Pasha won a 0-100 off 90 two weeks ago round here has to defy an 8lbs penalty in a similar race. He has won off 100 twice and he has won three of his last six races in 0-100. Jason Maguire keeps the ride.

High Hoylander has been off with a tendon problem and though he has been ready to run a few times, he has had minor setbacks that have curtailed those plans. He is yet to win in 15 attempts though he was beaten a length in a 0-120 off 107 two years ago and if he is anywhere near that he will take a deal of beating.

Pindar makes his debut for Joanne Foster. He won a 0-90 at Worcester in the summer for Neil Mulholland and is 8lbs higher in a tougher race. Six months and 22 runners have passed since Joanne trained a winner and she is 1-52 with horses acquired from other yards when making their debut for her.

Queen Of Epirus was fourth to Amir Pasha last time beaten just under 8ls and is 8lbs better off today. They should finish closer but Queen Of Epirus had her own way up front then and with Pindar in the race she isn’t going to get a soft lead. She is yet to win under any rules, 0-13. Brian Rothwell is 2-86 in 2013 and the wins came from one horse.

Ancient Times is still 8lbs higher than his win in February and is 0-5 off marks 78-85. He is 0-6 never placed over 17f. Both his wins have come over 20f.

Kathlatino is the second Hammond horse. She was 30ls behind Amir Pasha two weeks ago. She has just had five outings over timber so she has room to improve but she is 0-12 on good to soft or slower.

Mrs Grass has yet to win in seven attempts and her 18ls third last time was her best effort yet. She was well ahead of Ancient Times. She comes from a yard whose last winner was in March 2012though Jonathan Haynes has only had 35 runners in that time. If she continues to progress she may well run into a place.

Rosquero has shown nothing, pulling up on his last two outings. It is his handicap debut so some improvement should be expected but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Conclusion: If High Hoylander is fit and ready he may well take a bit of beating. However, he has been off a long long time and connections will surely want him home safe and sound above anything else. Amir Pasha is 8lbs higher than his last win but this looks easier. Maguire is 2-5 at Sedgefield for Hammond.

MYSTICAL DREAMER 3.20 SEDGEFIELD

Ronald O Leary does really well in National Hunt Flat Races in the UK with horses making their debut, 5-16. That improves to 5-13 when in the first three of the betting and 4-8 when favourite. However, when the horse is a 4yo his record reads 4-10 overall, 4-9 from the first three in the betting and 4-5 when favourite. Mystical Dreamer is entered in a bumper on Thursday at Uttoxeter.

There is a live danger in Carrybridge who comes from a yard that is 4-6 in bumpers at Sedgefield. However, the mare is a daughter of Black Gayle who is yet to foal a winner under rules from 5 horses losing 44 races.

Mister Jones runs in the colours of Mister McGoldrick and if he wins 15 races for connections I am pretty sure they’ll be well pleased. Mister Jones won his bumper at Hexham easily enough though 8 horses have lost 13 races from that race and although Callum Bewley’s claim negates the penalty, Sue Smith’s record with bumpers here reads 3-28. He is in at Doncaster on Friday.

WOLV 6:20 GALILEE CHAPEL 7/2 BOG
Drop back in trip looks to be in it's favour. First time blinkers LTO seem to have had a positive effect. Ran close to mark on my figures. Good draw in stall 7. Same Jockey on board as LTO who is riding well at the moment, and has a fair SR at Wolves. Horse likes Wolves and had looked progressive for old yard over 7F, todays CD could now be ideal, and progression could continue now that the blinkers are working.

BENANDONNER
Yard has great SR at course. Has dropped in the weights and class. Lost interest when with Paddy Butler, but seems to be happier now back with Murphy. Stall 4 isn't the best of draws (though not too bad). LTO wasn't a bad run considering, but will need to build a little on that (which is likely), but has also seemed to prefer Ling to Wolves in the past. Rates the main danger.

Mill I Am rates a small danger as went too hard LTO over further, and could be improving, but will need to.

Aureolin Gulf has a very tough draw to overcome.

Do More Business has dropped to a handy mark and has a claimer taking 5 off. Doubts about the trip though.

Bertie Blu Boy will probably have needed the run LTO, and went a bit too hard (pace collapsed), also pulled a little. Very inconsistent sort though, and Lisa Williamson yet to get as much out of it as previous yard did. Has quite a hard draw to overcome as well.

Mr Chocolate Drop would be a real danger if back to somewhere near last summers form. Has supplied yard with her only 2 winners here from 98 attempts. If the yard was in better current form, then it would be worth considering. Opposable today though.

Great double Rob.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wolver 4.20 Rightcar W&P @ 9.0/2.5

Looked at this last night but didn't have a clue how it would pan out with n/r's.
I always thinks it's a challenge finding the annual Grayson winner.
Awful race but really think he should place over this C&D if fit enough to do himself justice. Fairly consistent at this level and had a pipe opener 8 weeks ago. Initially thought it was too big a lay off, but he goes ok off a break.

I couldn't touch the fav, especially with the jock on board and I'd really expect the Ellison horse to be smashed into if fancied, as he doesn't have many at this low level now.

Give Us A Belle does have a strong chance but hard to know how he will go off a 24 hour break, even with the 7lb claimer booked.

Just dropped into the other place, Doomster. It's nice to see we agree. :)

I was seriously thinking about tossing Robs two into an EW treble with it, but Pindar being pulled out put me off.

Anyway, well done, Rob. Lovely double.

Good luck Rob, Fortinbras will have a very good chance if staying this 7th furlong.
Incedently think you dismissed Piddies Power AW record a bit quickly as only btn sh/hd and 1/4 length from being a dual course winner!:lol:
Changed stables to someone who hasn't had a runner but could run into a place.

Only btn 1/2 length by Living the life in that race, travelled very well and meets on same terms today, has an EW chance at a decent price imo!

Just dropped into the other place, Doomster. It's nice to see we agree

I honestly thought it would contract quite quickly Chris.

Then again, I thought the same about Fantasy Gladiator, which is on the drift.

Interested to know if Morris had the choice of mounts in this 5.20.

AMIR PASHA 2.20 SEDGEFIELD

Amir Pasha won a 0-100 off 90 two weeks ago round here has to defy an 8lbs penalty in a similar race. He has won off 100 twice and he has won three of his last six races in 0-100. Jason Maguire keeps the ride.

High Hoylander has been off with a tendon problem and though he has been ready to run a few times, he has had minor setbacks that have curtailed those plans. He is yet to win in 15 attempts though he was beaten a length in a 0-120 off 107 two years ago and if he is anywhere near that he will take a deal of beating.

Pindar makes his debut for Joanne Foster. He won a 0-90 at Worcester in the summer for Neil Mulholland and is 8lbs higher in a tougher race. Six months and 22 runners have passed since Joanne trained a winner and she is 1-52 with horses acquired from other yards when making their debut for her.

Queen Of Epirus was fourth to Amir Pasha last time beaten just under 8ls and is 8lbs better off today. They should finish closer but Queen Of Epirus had her own way up front then and with Pindar in the race she isn’t going to get a soft lead. She is yet to win under any rules, 0-13. Brian Rothwell is 2-86 in 2013 and the wins came from one horse.

Ancient Times is still 8lbs higher than his win in February and is 0-5 off marks 78-85. He is 0-6 never placed over 17f. Both his wins have come over 20f.

Kathlatino is the second Hammond horse. She was 30ls behind Amir Pasha two weeks ago. She has just had five outings over timber so she has room to improve but she is 0-12 on good to soft or slower.

Mrs Grass has yet to win in seven attempts and her 18ls third last time was her best effort yet. She was well ahead of Ancient Times. She comes from a yard whose last winner was in March 2012though Jonathan Haynes has only had 35 runners in that time. If she continues to progress she may well run into a place.

Rosquero has shown nothing, pulling up on his last two outings. It is his handicap debut so some improvement should be expected but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Conclusion: If High Hoylander is fit and ready he may well take a bit of beating. However, he has been off a long long time and connections will surely want him home safe and sound above anything else. Amir Pasha is 8lbs higher than his last win but this looks easier. Maguire is 2-5 at Sedgefield for Hammond.

MYSTICAL DREAMER 3.20 SEDGEFIELD

Ronald O Leary does really well in National Hunt Flat Races in the UK with horses making their debut, 5-16. That improves to 5-13 when in the first three of the betting and 4-8 when favourite. However, when the horse is a 4yo his record reads 4-10 overall, 4-9 from the first three in the betting and 4-5 when favourite. Mystical Dreamer is entered in a bumper on Thursday at Uttoxeter.

There is a live danger in Carrybridge who comes from a yard that is 4-6 in bumpers at Sedgefield. However, the mare is a daughter of Black Gayle who is yet to foal a winner under rules from 5 horses losing 44 races.

Mister Jones runs in the colours of Mister McGoldrick and if he wins 15 races for connections I am pretty sure they’ll be well pleased. Mister Jones won his bumper at Hexham easily enough though 8 horses have lost 13 races from that race and although Callum Bewley’s claim negates the penalty, Sue Smith’s record with bumpers here reads 3-28. He is in at Doncaster on Friday.

quality :cool:

strangled it early..needs further so not sure why..should be a stewards..was leant on badly late on

I was just thinking about that ride from Lane, when I just watched Artzeni get up to win the 5.50. Thinks didn't pan out but just knew he would get a ride out of it.

Drop back in trip looks to be in it's favour. First time blinkers LTO seem to have had a positive effect. Ran close to mark on my figures. Good draw in stall 7. Same Jockey on board as LTO who is riding well at the moment, and has a fair SR at Wolves. Horse likes Wolves and had looked progressive for old yard over 7F, todays CD could now be ideal, and progression could continue now that the blinkers are working.

BENANDONNER
Yard has great SR at course. Has dropped in the weights and class. Lost interest when with Paddy Butler, but seems to be happier now back with Murphy. Stall 4 isn't the best of draws (though not too bad). LTO wasn't a bad run considering, but will need to build a little on that (which is likely), but has also seemed to prefer Ling to Wolves in the past. Rates the main danger.

Mill I Am rates a small danger as went too hard LTO over further, and could be improving, but will need to.

Do More Business has dropped to a handy mark and has a claimer taking 5 off. Doubts about the trip though.

Bertie Blu Boy will probably have needed the run LTO, and went a bit too hard (pace collapsed), also pulled a little. Very inconsistent sort though, and Lisa Williamson yet to get as much out of it as previous yard did. Has quite a hard draw to overcome as well.

Mr Chocolate Drop would be a real danger if back to somewhere near last summers form. Has supplied yard with her only 2 winners here from 98 attempts. If the yard was in better current form, then it would be worth considering. Opposable today though.

had a good bet on this Chris...the drop back in trip was key...wish i had got on at in running:cool:...an amazing win

BENANDONNER

Great shout just in from work looks like its been A GOOD Day:cool:

Due to the comments, I had to take a look. Luckily the Jockey never gave up! Out to 4's as well, bonus! :)

Well done Rob and Chris for yesterday's winners.

I like three today: Red Rock at Fontwell, Tinshu at Lingfield and Sacre Toi at Wetherby.

Singles (each way in the case of Tinshu) and a small trixie just in case my luck's in.

Well done Rob and Chris for yesterday's winners.

I like three today: Red Rock at Fontwell, Tinshu at Lingfield and Sacre Toi at Wetherby.

Singles (each way in the case of Tinshu) and a small trixie just in case my luck's in.

Well this is going brilliantly.

7.15 Dundalk. Iron Major - best bet tonight. 3.4

Murtagh has a good record on this one and he other market leader
Queen Of The Sand looks a non stayer at 8f ..has weakened badly beyond 7f

7.15 Dundalk. Iron Major - best bet tonight. 3.4

Murtagh has a good record on this one and he other market leader
Queen Of The Sand looks a non stayer at 8f ..has weakened badly beyond 7f

F@ck that must've traded short in running EC. Unlucky!

Icebreaker - Rooney is 8/1 to score first with Ladbrokes tonight of you want to arb it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back