What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely hurling !!!!
Taken it ! And Layed at 7.8.
Thanks muchly for that heads-up. Much appreciated.

(Every little bit counts, dont'ja know!).

Lovely hurling !!!!
Taken it ! And Layed at 7.8.
Thanks muchly for that heads-up. Much appreciated.

(Every little bit counts, dont'ja know!).

I just backed it straight and done an arb lucky 15 with treble the odds one winner for tomorrow's racing while I was in the shop. Off home for a shower. That was filthy.

Last edited:
In work-so I only had Betfair to guide me-the place lay would have been the icing on the cake bit as you said every little counts.

Kempton 7.35 Thursday

Plenty of messing going on with the price of Bow To No One tomorrow. I suggest anyone who can get on with BetVictor take the 14/1 e/w. i went to great lengths to get a bit e/w at 12/1. I've a feeling this one will collapse.

Kempton 7.35 Thursday

Plenty of messing going on with the price of Bow To No One tomorrow. I suggest anyone who can get on with BetVictor take the 14/1 e/w. i went to great lengths to get a bit e/w at 12/1. I've a feeling this one will collapse.

Just Bet365 at 14/1 now.

MY OH MOUNT BROWN 2.30 UTTOXETER

My Oh Mount Brown was in the process of running a huge race last time when a mistake at the last put paid to his chance. He finished second to Cyrien Star in a 0-105 and that form now looks rock solid with the winner going on to win again in a 0-130 off 7lbs higher. Third was Silver Dragon who had won his previous race and fourth was Look Out Mountain who has subsequently won a 0-105 and finished second in a 0-120 off 15lbs higher. My Oh Mount Brown is 4lbs higher here but only carries 1lb extra physical weight. He could well make this a test as he stays further.

Cloudingstar drops back in distance after disappointing at Exeter in a 0-115 over 23f. The distance should suit and he comes from the same family as Flemenstar and Barafundle. Ten of the last fifteen runners McCoy and O Neill have teamed up with Uttoxeter have reached the frame with just two winning.

Carhue Princess won a 0-95 off 82 and is up 8lbs here in a better race. Eleven horses have subsequently run from the race she won and all have lost. With just the one win in 29 starts she can be opposed.

Boomtown has won three races under NH rules, all in class 5. He has never placed in four races at class 4 level. He is 0-3, never placed, when returning after a break of 120 days or more.

Larteta was made second favourite for a novice hurdle last month some 30ls behind Bright Abbey. The second in that race has subsequently won a novice chase. He should do better in time but Sarah Humphrey is 1-56 in 2013, current losing run 23.

Sunshine Buddy has placed twice in six runs under NH rules. The mare has been off the track for a long time and Chris Down is 2-56 with horses coming back after a lay off of 18 months or more. Though he is 10-116 this year he is currently on a losing run of 59.

Heavenstown has his second run for John Spearing and he is still 4lbs higher than he was in March when second to Decimus in a 0-115. Spearing has done okay with his jumpers this year, 5-32 but Heavenstown is 0-8, never placed, over 20f-20.5f.

Bath County won a maiden hurdle a year ago but has not been sighted in 7 of his 8 races since. He looked the likely winner two runs back when he fell at the last over 16f here. The handicapper put him up 4lbs for that though he has dropped 11lbs in the handicap in the last 12 months. He has never placed beyond 16.5f, 0-6.

I Know The Code won a 0-95 over course and distance in March off 95. Back to the same mark today. However, he looks like he will struggle as he is 0-10 in class 4, never placing.

Crystal Swing won a 0-110 in February off 97 and the handicapper hiked him 17lbs for his 10 length romp. He has dropped him 4lbs but this is a big ask.

Conclusion: Cloudingstar should run well and if this was over 16f Bath County would have a shout. But the solid form horse is My Oh Mount Brown. He should get his own way up front and he could have a lot of these in trouble as his stamina kicks in.

MAESTRO ROYAL 3.45 NEWBURY

Maestro Royal is from the same family as Barbers Shop. His dam, Close Harmony has produced five horses of which Henderson trained them all. Three of them won on their first outing for Henderson. Two in bumpers and one in a hurdle after arriving from Willie Musson. Henderson won this race in 2009 with Oscar Whiskey and in 2011 with Barenger.

Yes, indeedy. Excellently dug out. Thanks, Rob and well done. Was going to be a no bet day as well.

Kempton 4.05 Daneside. Win @ 11.5

It would be no shock to see this double in price come race time, as it may have been market manipulation that saw the crazy gamble last time out from 20/1 into 5/2. Place laid it and it did finish 9/9, slowly away and not enough track.

I really think it does need even further but heart has over-ruled head and backed the beast although the in running angle may well be the safest option, if there is any cash, as he does break slowly.

The 5f lto was on the inner which also would not have suited. It may be possible the horse has been working with the new trainers sprinters and my "theory" is wrong and I really cant see the run being to get his mark any lower than todays 50.

He does have another entry over 7f, hopefully under a penalty, but I'm hoping worse case scenario is he runs an improved race today, with a view to backing him again next time out.

Todays jockey has a decent s/r in this kind of race with 10 winners from 57 rides.

good work Rob:cool:..watch out for that Slim sniffin round you..tell him nothing..nothing;)

5.35..one of a couple of bets tonight..Tucson Arizona..this is weak and only needs to improve a little to be nailed on here..4.1 taken

5.35..one of a couple of bets tonight..Tucson Arizona..this is weak and only needs to improve a little to be nailed on here..4.1 taken

Looks quite a late punt.

Excellent stuff again EC.

good work Rob:cool:..watch out for that Slim sniffin round you..tell him nothing..nothing;)

Saw this about 30 seconds too late. Well done. What's the other one?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back