What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My betfair account is a nightmare. Keeps logging itself out constantly.

Mossman looked a possible gamble just looking at it's maiden form here and the move to Ivory and drop to 55.

Mentioned on here a while ago Ivory doesn't send many here.

I did think Kirby would have got the ride.

8.50 Legal Eagle Win @ 14.5

Coastal passage. saver @ 4.8

Not sure were the gamble on Raffaf comes from but it's understandable the money for CP, although the Kirby/ McKay combo does get over bet.

Kirby's form for the horse reads, 0,2,1, all over todays trip.

However, Legal Eagle finished in front of CP last time, a run which came off a break.

RP states the trip is in issue, but most of those runs came off higher marks and last run was also off a break.

7:50 TC returns £141.30.

"I thought Dubai Celebration looked OK in the 7:50 with Marina Ballerina not being too far away, Poppy Bond being an obvious danger. Fergus Sweeney riding Mosman again is interesting, with current yard going a bit better now. Considered RFC's, TC's, win singles, everything, but just can't find a solid enough angle."

It's cruel at times.

7:50 TC returns £141.30.

"I thought Dubai Celebration looked OK in the 7:50 with Marina Ballerina not being too far away, Poppy Bond being an obvious danger. Fergus Sweeney riding Mosman again is interesting, with current yard going a bit better now. Considered RFC's, TC's, win singles, everything, but just can't find a solid enough angle."

It's cruel at times.

I never backed poppy bond tonight but what I did do was Dubai destination to beat mosman and marina ballerina straight fcasts and tricasts anyorder with poppy bond.And poppy bond the same even more of a gutter.

On speed figures, Poppy Bond wasn't entitled to beat Dubai Celebration or Marina Ballerina. Looked booked for 3rd (or 4th place should Mosman win), Tukitinyasok ran better than expected, Poppy Bond ran a little worse.

No AW racing today, it's almost as Sundays should be.:)

On speed figures, Poppy Bond wasn't entitled to beat Dubai Celebration or Marina Ballerina. Looked booked for 3rd (or 4th place should Mosman win), Tukitinyasok ran better than expected, Poppy Bond ran a little worse.

i decided to ignore the speed figures Chris..i think i had DC about 11lb better on bare rating but thought PB had beaten a better horse lto..wrong;)

Those times weren't necessarily going to work out as the two previous winners won easily on previous runs,especially in that grade.You ran that race 5 times you'd get 5 different results.

Having thrown 4 ponies on different races whilst watching the match to find my balance exactly the same as they all got beat but traded below my lay back of 1.35, really means I should sack it.

However, as much as I don't rate Nom De Gurre in the 2.05, his price of 10.5 has to be taken as he is the only one with no ground worries.

The rest are untried on this going with ballybrigan the most likely to cope.

At that price I will be trading much higher in running, with lay backs @ 2.8/1.61/1.23.

can't see royal regatta giving 7lb and a beating to pure science in the 3.40...take a bow not good enough..pure science should be fav on my reckoning..had a dabble at 4.3..must shorten

Wolver. 1.25 Mr. Burbidge. Win @ 13/8

Simpsons Quote on last run.

Backing Mr Burbidge tonight, looks very progressive to me, the irish horse is making him look a decent bet at 5/1 imo.

8lb higher tomorrow in the 1.25, but even at 13/8 looks a bet to me, especially if they crawl round as MB looks to have a turn of foot.

Kempton 5.50 Indian Affair @ 6/1

Don't like the jockey, poor draw and Gigs likely to have one for this but thought his run lto can be upgraded, setting a strong early pace and the only one to maintain it.

Burnhope could be the spoiler pace wise now the trainer is in form, but last two runs have been slowly away. He may well get the lead or track off the pace and as much as I don't like Lane, he is riding quite well at the moment

Last edited:
"Those times weren't necessarily going to work out as the two previous winners won easily on previous runs,especially in that grade.You ran that race 5 times you'd get 5 different results."

I disagree. Poppy Bond has been consistently running to around 55 at Wolves, all things considered.

Each to their own though.

WOLV 3:00 SREADABLE
Looks most likely, but the price doesn't really offer any value. Could be used in an EW Double/ACC I guess, so could be utilised that way.

No bet for me today, apart from a couple of small bets on todays system qualifiers.

Best bet runs in the 4.30..Spreadable...this one has real ability hidden and is probably a stone better than mark..hopefully will show it as there is no point hiding it no more..6.6 taken

I hope you missed it today EC.

Looks a dodgy horse, hanging into the rail. The fact the claimer kept him on the rail had be baffled, unless they knew he hangs left at home.

Mick Fitz talking bollocks as usual, "they've got the fractions all wrong up front", when the the three leaders fill the first three positions home.

Wolver. 1.25 Mr. Burbidge. Win @ 13/8

Simpsons Quote on last run.

8lb higher tomorrow in the 1.25, but even at 13/8 looks a bet to me, especially if they crawl round as MB looks to have a turn of foot.

Made hard work of that and would imagine thats as good as it is, well done Doomster.

Made hard work of that and would imagine thats as good as it is, well done Doomster.

Cheers SJ.

Your probably right about a follow up, but he was ridden differently today with Morris expecting a slow early pace.

Scribe is on a winning mark and 18 lths back to the 3rd, he could follow up, as I really can't see him getting hit for much.

Cocked up on the price of Indian Affair as it doubled in price on the exchange only for it to half again this afternoon.

I hope you missed it today EC.

Looks a dodgy horse, hanging into the rail. The fact the claimer kept him on the rail had be baffled, unless they knew he hangs left at home.

Mick Fitz talking bollocks as usual, "they've got the fractions all wrong up front", when the the three leaders fill the first three positions home.

not bet owt today yet..shall have to have a look at why i got so excited about spreadable..well done with your winner

fancy jubilee brig in the next..should get a good pace to run at and is knocking on the door

Last edited:
tasrih just keeps making Desert Wings look even better..Desert Wings is the one i got laughed at about on the fast race thread when I said it had run a 100+ speed figure...just goes to show

i thought the handicapper had caught up with this..should have kept the faith...those others close up to Tasrih from Desert Wings race need watching..when they run that is.

I was certain you would have gone for Tasrih, EC.

Having said that, I chickened out myself and backed the winner & 2nd, but only in the place market.

The speed horses have won the last three races at Kempton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back