What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still deserves the :thumbsup::thumbsup: Rob.

Honest John would have been the final leg of an acca for me, with the first three winning. I re-read your post with a view to covering bets/ laying off, then found out it was a n/r.

Touch relieved and a touch angry, but went and backed Nodforms at 3.25.

Not sure whether you have backed it, but I hope so.

Well done again.

Cheers Doomster

Once Honest John was out it was an easier race for Nodform Richard and was backed accordingly.

3.30 Ling Sommersturm - just read my e-mails trainer fancys e/way chances - sorry its late didn't realise it was running

Ran well SW. Looked at it last night on account of decent jockey booking but thought it needs a dreadfully slow 2 miles to see it out.

I still wish I was on it instead of the dreadful Grandad Mac.

This 5.50 looks far weaker than last division.

Going for another poor hurdler to return to form on the p/t.

Celtic Charlie W&P.

Nautilus (6.20K) has run some cracking races when forcing the pace, beaten by just 1 horse in his last 3 races, and that one's now 21lb higher. Held up lto for some reason (2nd string?) he didn't help himself hanging right on the final bend, and was unable to get involved in what turned into a sprint finish.
Today's track, more positive tactics and a significant drop in class, should see him have the legs of these.

So much for the positive tactics - Jesus! :blink:

So much for the positive tactics - Jesus!

Joke race really. Tough luck.

Kemp 7.20 Ivestar @ 8.0

Mentioned before about M. Easterby travellers down south. Can back 'em blind.

throw in Gibbon and you have 3 from 4 over last 5 years @ 2/1, 5/2 & 3/1.

Hopefully get a positive ride.

Ivestar is 4-19 in 0-60 but 3-4 when carrying top weight. They will have a race lined up for him I'm sure. Worth keeping an eye out for him if he's got the top weight.

The loss was in a nursery and he is 2-2 on the all weather, Wolverhampton and Kempton.

Last edited:
WOLV 4:20 RUN IT TWICE 8/1
Easy to justify last 6 runs, has dropped to 62 and is dropping in class. Entered back at this CD on the 7th in a 0-75. Yard in form and nicely drawn in 2.
I feel Run It Twice is quite a solid bet at 8/1. Without wanting to make accusations, it does look like it's mark has been manipulated somewhat. There should be enough pace on and the slower the course is riding the better.

Piccolo Express and Orpsie Boy shouldn't be too far away as they ran close to their marks on the 8th Nov. Orpsie Boy then went and ran an OK race on the 25th when lasting longer than the other prominent runners. However, I don't feel that form is quite good enough.

Divine Call looked interesting, but has yet to prove on the clock that it's on it's way back. The yard doesn't have the best of SR's at the course either.

Difficult to make a solid case for the others. Though 7F on poly may suit Solarmaite who rates a moderate danger. Exceedexpectations is down to a nice mark, looks likely to help set the pace, but has a very tricky draw to overcome and is better over further.

ROSENEATH 1.50 MARKET RASEN

Roseneath has his quirks but he looks something to bet on in a race full of dodgepots. He won a 0-100 in the summer off a mark of 92.Two horses have come out and subsequently won from that race, a 0-110 and a 0-105. He is still well handicapped on the form he showed when winning round here off 110 three years ago. Is he still the same horse, it’s debatable but he is lightly raced since then. He started 2012 off a mark of 121 and 2013 off a mark of 115. His record in 0-110 or less reads 3-10. However, that improves to 3-3 when he has to carry 7lbs or more less than the top weight. He is 4-12 going right handed and 2-4 in races with 7 or less runners, 2-3 when combined. Alex Hales is 3-9 in handicap chases at Market Rasen and Noel Fehily is 3-9 for the yard.

Riptide is very short for what he has achieved. A winner of a poor Novice Chase two years ago he moved to Michael Scudamore shortly afterwards and has been campaigned on the flat and hurdles. He is well handicapped on his hurdles mark. However, he has never placed in six races going right handed and comes from a yard with a record of 1-43 at Market Rasen, that winner was in 2007.

Thorncliffer won a 0-100 a year ago off 74. He usually runs in lower class races than this and he is very ordinary. Though he has a 6l second at Huntingdon in his file he is 0-6 going right handed. Derek Shaw is 0-36 at Market Rasen and his record of 2-149 under National Hunt rules is poor.

Very Stylish will have his supporters but he is 0-9 going right handed, never placing. He doesn’t look a winter horse with all his wins coming between June and October. In his previous two chases at Market Rasen he was pulled up and beaten 55ls. Jonjo won this race two years ago with Canal Bank and with Very Stylish being by Winged Love, he clearly feels the horse will stay. O Neill and McCoy are 20-90 in handicap chases here.

Moon Melody is 0-16 on soft or heavy ground and is 0-14 at Market Rasen. He is 6lbs higher than his last chase win which was the worst race Sedgefield has seen for many a year. He is 0-9 in races with an average OR of 82 or more, one place. He has never placed in a race with an average OR of 88 or more.

Acrai Rua won a 0-120 off 103 in April and is 2lbs higher here. He has only completed once since then from 5 races and he was beaten 67ls. He is 0-5 on soft or heavy ground and has never placed in three races wearing cheekpieces. He does stay.

Conclusion: A woeful race but if Roseneath puts his best foot forward he may well take a bit of beating. He can plod around in his own time at the back and pick these off one by one. It will be attritional but he ticks the most boxes. Very Stylish could run a lot better than he has recently rates the danger. Market Rasen is subject to an 11.30 inspection due to forecast high winds and if they arrive it may well be off.

WOLV 4:20 RUN IT TWICE 8/1
Easy to justify last 6 runs, has dropped to 62 and is dropping in class. Entered back at this CD on the 7th in a 0-75. Yard in form and nicely drawn in 2.
I feel Run It Twice is quite a solid bet at 8/1. Without wanting to make accusations, it does look like it's mark has been manipulated somewhat. There should be enough pace on and the slower the course is riding the better.

Piccolo Express and Orpsie Boy shouldn't be too far away as they ran close to their marks on the 8th Nov. Orpsie Boy then went and ran an OK race on the 25th when lasting longer than the other prominent runners. However, I don't feel that form is quite good enough.

Divine Call looked interesting, but has yet to prove on the clock that it's on it's way back. The yard doesn't have the best of SR's at the course either.

Difficult to make a solid case for the others. Though 7F on poly may suit Solarmaite who rates a moderate danger. Exceedexpectations is down to a nice mark, looks likely to help set the pace, but has a very tricky draw to overcome and is better over further.

Well backed. Good sign from this yard.

Out again at Wincanton today after unseating last time. 7-1 looks OK, have had a dabble.

Yeah was just about to post, expected to go well again. Still on a good mark and in good order. Doesn't look the strongest of races.

ROSENEATH 1.50 MARKET RASEN

Roseneath has his quirks but he looks something to bet on in a race full of dodgepots. He won a 0-100 in the summer off a mark of 92.Two horses have come out and subsequently won from that race, a 0-110 and a 0-105. He is still well handicapped on the form he showed when winning round here off 110 three years ago. Is he still the same horse, it’s debatable but he is lightly raced since then. He started 2012 off a mark of 121 and 2013 off a mark of 115. His record in 0-110 or less reads 3-10. However, that improves to 3-3 when he has to carry 7lbs or more less than the top weight. He is 4-12 going right handed and 2-4 in races with 7 or less runners, 2-3 when combined. Alex Hales is 3-9 in handicap chases at Market Rasen and Noel Fehily is 3-9 for the yard.

Riptide is very short for what he has achieved. A winner of a poor Novice Chase two years ago he moved to Michael Scudamore shortly afterwards and has been campaigned on the flat and hurdles. He is well handicapped on his hurdles mark. However, he has never placed in six races going right handed and comes from a yard with a record of 1-43 at Market Rasen, that winner was in 2007.

Thorncliffer won a 0-100 a year ago off 74. He usually runs in lower class races than this and he is very ordinary. Though he has a 6l second at Huntingdon in his file he is 0-6 going right handed. Derek Shaw is 0-36 at Market Rasen and his record of 2-149 under National Hunt rules is poor.

Very Stylish will have his supporters but he is 0-9 going right handed, never placing. He doesn’t look a winter horse with all his wins coming between June and October. In his previous two chases at Market Rasen he was pulled up and beaten 55ls. Jonjo won this race two years ago with Canal Bank and with Very Stylish being by Winged Love, he clearly feels the horse will stay. O Neill and McCoy are 20-90 in handicap chases here.

Moon Melody is 0-16 on soft or heavy ground and is 0-14 at Market Rasen. He is 6lbs higher than his last chase win which was the worst race Sedgefield has seen for many a year. He is 0-9 in races with an average OR of 82 or more, one place. He has never placed in a race with an average OR of 88 or more.

Acrai Rua won a 0-120 off 103 in April and is 2lbs higher here. He has only completed once since then from 5 races and he was beaten 67ls. He is 0-5 on soft or heavy ground and has never placed in three races wearing cheekpieces. He does stay.

Conclusion: A woeful race but if Roseneath puts his best foot forward he may well take a bit of beating. He can plod around in his own time at the back and pick these off one by one. It will be attritional but he ticks the most boxes. Very Stylish could run a lot better than he has recently rates the danger. Market Rasen is subject to an 11.30 inspection due to forecast high winds and if they arrive it may well be off.

Unlucky - traded short in running but just outstayed.

Decent bet on Degooch at 2-1 in the Rasen bumper. Had expected this around evens.

Hopefully get me out of a hole on what's been one of those nearly days.

Every horse I've backed today has traded odds on or close to it, and all have been beaten.

I'd love to know the effect on my p/l if I put up in running lays for my stake back at 1.5ish.

Tough luck Benny.

I haven't actually watched much racing but did notice Mc Coy won on two were he had them well covered up.

I'd love to know the effect on my p/l if I put up in running lays for my stake back at 1.5ish.

You don't need to go that big. I've been playing around in running the field @ 1.23 in todays jump meetings and done ok.

Aolim getting turmed over at 1.04 was a decent start.

Wolver 4.20 Divine Call @ 12.5

Chris makes a good case for Run It Twice, but I've missed the price and DC does appeal to me returning to 7f. As Chris states, Bradley is very unsexy and without a winner since September. I'm hoping he drifts even further on that basis with a view to going in again.

Divine Call is a full brother to another Bradley horse Solemn, who is a pure 5f horse. Add to that fact that stable only do sprinters, it's been no surprise DC has been campaigned over 6f, but he has two 7f wins to his name and his three 7f runs for Bradley can be excused.

He does (or whoever runs the show now) place his horses badly but the poor S/R is not a true reflection as he constantly has multiple runners in the same race.

Runs here off a stone lower than when last tried over 7f, with a 2/6 record over the trip, I think he's worth a bet.

All of Divine Call’s wins have come in higher grade handicaps and he is 3-14 in 0-80 or worse. He has two wins in 0-75 and has never competed this far down the scale. That improves to 3-12 when in the top 4lbs of the handicap. He clearly isn’t the same horse that won off 71 at Bath last year. His 4.5l fourth to Kuanyo last time in a claimer now looks different with that horse winning a 0-70 last night.

The draw is a big negative for me though. Good luck.

Well done Chris. Won with plenty in hand.

The draw is a big negative for me though. Good luck.

Your probably right Rob, but I never thought he would try and go 4 wide on the bend.

Cheers. Woke up, noticed the laptop was still on and it was 3 minutes to race time. Stuck William Hill radio on. Odds of me getting back to sleep now- 33/1. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back